1.11 progress?

Meach

I second that motion. But with the add-on request for information on the updated Demo. :)

I finally got a PC and have tried out the Demo (v.7). I realize that I'm a full year (at least) behind the bow wave for this game but I feel the game is great! (And this is version 7.) There are a lot of little issues in the demo (hot-keys, camera, syrian artillery), but I found that once I ascended the learning curve they diminished in importance. The depth of the game is very satisfying. I am looking forward to purchasing the game itself.

I'd still like to check out the updated Demo (and Marine Demo).

Nice work, Battlefront.

Gpig

He is a bastard, for sure. Tell us something we don't already know ;)

The v1.11 patch will be along fairly soon. I can't say when because we're still tackling some things that need to be locked down and tested hard.

Steve

Take your time. I want to finish my PBEMs once... ;)

BTW, will the tumbling vehicels at the beginn of a PBEM replay be adressed this time? How about the craters in turn-based mode? Will the NSV 12.7 MG show up now?

Curious? Meeee? What are you speaking of??? :D

Vehicle pathfinding is a lot worse in my opinion since 1.10 so I hope this is the thing that is being tested hard. It looks to me like the following needs doing:

1. Vehicles need to be allowed to fit through narrower gaps. At the moment, trying to go between a couple of trees or down a road with a telegraph pole by the side of it results in the vehicle making a wide detour.

2. When trying to avoid said obstacles, vehicles need to stop and pivot in place a bit more rather than just do a massive wide turning circle as they seem to be doing now. I know being stationary in someone's sites is not wise but neither are silly detours that expose side and rear armour.

3. When vehicles come to a stop close to each other they kind of shudder - i.e. make lots of little inching movements. I guess this is some sort of fractional rounding thing in the code. Whatever it is, a vehicle should just stop if it's "near enough".

The odd vehicle bouncing thing has been fixed, but the crater and building damage thing has not. That's because the former was a bug, the latter is a rather complicated little nut to crack. Resetting the state of the terrain, apparently, isn't easily done. But it is absolutely on our fix list for the near future.

The pathing stuff is what we want to make sure is ironed out.

Steve

No, no, no. I don't know who this "Steve" guy is, but we all KNOW the reason why v1.11 is being delayed: BF.C is redoing the scenario list interface! (And also tweaking the artillery and air support interfaces.)

Why all this for v1.11? Because they heard the hue and cry lamenting the need to delay CM:Normandy for those self-same reasons! BF.C doesn't want to delay CM:Normandy, so, instead, they are delaying v1.11.

There was much rejoicing in the village.

;)

I'm glad to hear v1.11 is coming along. I really can't imagine there'll be much more to do after that. (Other than the tweaks I mentioned above! :) )

Thanks,

Ken

Just knowing that there are people around important enough to have stingers is very useful information. It justifies things like liberal use of 155. :)

Is the IR signature of modern drones big enough for anything other than the latest Western shoulder launched SAMs to pick up? The Taliban don't seem to be shooting them down in intolerable numbers. Also Predator and up usually operate above shoulder launched SAM accessible altitude. And forcing the bad guys to reveal higher level AA assets is extraordinarily valuable in itself.

hello

I hope also following two bugs in pbem are on your list :

- amount of ammo of vehicules (bradley...) that increase a each round

- special ammo (like javelin) disappearing after taken by team from vehicule at next round

really a mess in pbem game !

thanks

Just wondering of this has been or in process of being addressed in 1.11? Have just seen it happen twice in PBEM with two teams taking 3 javs out of a vehicle only to see that next round they're only carrying 1? Though all are gone from the vehicle.

Is the IR signature of modern drones big enough for anything other than the latest Western shoulder launched SAMs to pick up? The Taliban don't seem to be shooting them down in intolerable numbers. Also Predator and up usually operate above shoulder launched SAM accessible altitude. And forcing the bad guys to reveal higher level AA assets is extraordinarily valuable in itself.

It's been quite awhile since we've found workable anti-aircraft missiles in muj hands. A better example would be Kosovo where the primary method of "verifying" a hidden target would be to send a UAV over. If it returned, it's a decoy. If it got shot down, you got something important.

I really hope BFC continues to track this thread.

1. Vehicles need to be allowed to fit through narrower gaps. At the moment, trying to go between a couple of trees or down a road with a telegraph pole by the side of it results in the vehicle making a wide detour.

2. When trying to avoid said obstacles, vehicles need to stop and pivot in place a bit more rather than just do a massive wide turning circle as they seem to be doing now. I know being stationary in someone's sites is not wise but neither are silly detours that expose side and rear armour.

3. When vehicles come to a stop close to each other they kind of shudder - i.e. make lots of little inching movements. I guess this is some sort of fractional rounding thing in the code. Whatever it is, a vehicle should just stop if it's "near enough".

This is right on. I sometimes find it a bit tricky when navigating AFV's in towns or wooded areas as spaces that visually appear wide enough for passage are, in game terms, not. This results in some often unexpected and less than ideal pathfinding, which Steiner describes well.

I must admit, I am not sure what the v.1.11 screenshots from earlier this week are supposed to be promoting in terms of the new update.

Here are some issues reported after the release of v.1.10 that would lend themselves to screenshots to demonstrate "...we got the screens to prove it!"

• The M16A4 handguard is modelled too short. The handguard on the actual rifle extends all the way to the front sight base - it does not stop 2/3rds of the way down the barrel as depicted in CMSF:M.
  • Show an AFV manuevering down an alleyway and/or between two trees.
  • Present the LAV-25 doors closing after the scout team has dismounted.
  • Display the gunner being correctly assigned to Stryker ESV's - they are currently missing from CMSF. As such, ESV's cannot presently use their RSW's!

If issues like these are ironed out, v.1.11 definitely has the potential to push CMSF over the top for me.

Just wondering of this has been or in process of being addressed in 1.11? Have just seen it happen twice in PBEM with two teams taking 3 javs out of a vehicle only to see that next round they're only carrying 1? Though all are gone from the vehicle.

Do you have the files which demonstrate this? Preferably before and after. Could you forward them to me with passwords and I will pass them along. Email in profile.

Anyone else who has bugs as usual it is always useful to send a save or PBEM files to a beta tester or mentioning steps to reproduce the problem.