Peng Challenge

BFCElvis

I have eaten there, several times..this location opened up right after 9/11 and was one of the first new eateries in the area to open after the attacks. Its a good laid back place, not too serious, but the food is excellent.

Watch out when you walk around...there may be some jumpers loose, after the last couple of days of Wall Street misery.

Damn you, MrKneeDanWun! What else did you have? Should I go for the cassoulet or the choucroute? Or even the duck leg confit? TELL ME! I can only eat there three more times before I go home!

Falling capitalists! PROOF that gravity isn't "just a theory."

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn you, MrKneeDanWun! What else did you have? Should I go for the cassoulet or the choucroute? Or even the duck leg confit? TELL ME! I can only eat there three more times before I go home!

Falling capitalists! PROOF that gravity isn't "just a theory."

If you are going light..have the grilled chicken breast, with the basil and arugula oil..it is excellent, I believe they also have a warm potato salad that you can order as an appetizer, it goes great with the chicken.

Also go for the Basque style mussels if you fancy a seafood dish.

The choucroute is also very good, but my favorite is the Paleron Bearnaise

Of course you could come to my house and I'll make you a nice grilled cheese and tomato sandwich, or perhaps several of my famous sirloin sliders with carmelized shallots.

If you are going light..have the grilled chicken breast, with the basil and arugula oil..it is excellent, I believe they also have a warm potato salad that you can order as an appetizer, it goes great with the chicken.

Also go for the Basque style mussels if you fancy a seafood dish.

The choucroute is also very good, but my favorite is the Paleron Bearnaise

Of course you could come to my house and I'll make you a nice grilled cheese and tomato sandwich, or perhaps several of my famous sirloin sliders with carmelized shallots.

Does the grillem cheese sammich have bacon as an option? And I like the sound of caramelized shallots on sirloin too! What time shall I arrive? I'll bring a bottle of something good - what's your poison? You can torment me by drinking whatever it is in front of me.

The award winning country duo from Ontario?

Hey, Mr. Stickler For Details... it's Prairie Oyster (as in singular), and they're not so much a "duo" as they are a "group". Your googlefu has failed you, my friend.

And as a matter of interest (well, maybe not to you but to some), the lead singer of the group is said to fit a size 17 shoe.

coe_1.JPG

We had a very fun evening, dinner at McGrath's steak; wood fired prawns and grilled salmon with artichoke and crab on the side. Then off to the show, what a great concert! About 500 people filled a small theater mostly bikers and cowboys with a few marines and soldiers scattered about. I didn’t notice one emasculated liberal male except maybe the guy who looked like he walked out of a Slimfast add and had a girl leading him around like a puppy. He looked pretty foolish, he seemed a lot like Peng but brighter.

David Allen Coe still rocks after all this time and he put on a fine performance. He is one hell of a songwriter and performer. His son plays lead guitar like a surgeon and the drummer was also a top-notch musician as well. I enjoyed a few shots of Crown with a coke back as I listened to the music. We had great seats, front row just to the left of the stage. What a fun evening we had!

Hey, Mr. Stickler For Details... it's Prairie Oyster (as in singular), and they're not so much a "duo" as they are a "group". Your googlefu has failed you, my friend.

And as a matter of interest (well, maybe not to you but to some), the lead singer of the group is said to fit a size 17 shoe.

So he's got feet like Godzilla?

Hey, remember in Godzilla vs. Mothra, those two tiny Japanese stewardesses in the box? I always had mixed emotions about them. They were neat, yet a bit scary, too. If you pissed them off, it could be like having two of those little devil dolls from Trilogy of Terror" scurrying around the room.

Creepy.

Well okay, Miss I'm More Confrontational Lately than a Grizzly in Estrus, but no google was involved. I was aware that there were Canadians that named themselves after a euphamism for bulls' testicles, but I don't listen to them, nor do I care enough to learn more.

coe_1.JPG

We had a very fun evening, dinner at McGrath's steak; wood fired prawns and grilled salmon with artichoke and crab on the side. Then off to the show, what a great concert! About 500 people filled a small theater mostly bikers and cowboys with a few marines and soldiers scattered about. I didn’t notice one emasculated liberal male except maybe the guy who looked like he walked out of a Slimfast add and had a girl leading him around like a puppy. He looked pretty foolish, he seemed a lot like Peng but brighter.

David Allen Coe still rocks after all this time and he put on a fine performance. He is one hell of a songwriter and performer. His son plays lead guitar like a surgeon and the drummer was also a top-notch musician as well. I enjoyed a few shots of Crown with a coke back as I listened to the music. We had great seats, front row just to the left of the stage. What a fun evening we had!

Yes we did have a great time. David Allan Coe wowed the crowd as usual. Towards the end of the show his lovely wife Miss Kimberly came out to join him on stage to sing a few songs with him. At age 69 he still can sing and entertain a crowd. His son and the band did a fine job keeping up pace that David Allan Coe set for the evening. Dinner was wonderful, as was the company.

Lady Redneck

P.S.

I did notice that some of the people there thought they just to hot to handle. Especially those who were trying to look cool standing in line to use the lady's room. It's amazing how many men allow themselves to be led around by the nose by the women they are with. I think it's hilarious.

The ticket lady with her multi colored hair was an added feature.

I can't believe they let a Liberal in the door. *shocking*

I'm with Peng on this one. That scene creeped me out
Oh sure, that's what you say NOW ... too bad we have to be sujected to such blatant Olde One cronyism.

Say lads, have those of you playing Stuka noticed his rather remarkable loss of skill? Granted it was never much to begin with, but it's just a bit shocking if you ask me.

I think it's those cheap asian cigars, they're rotting what little remains of his brain.

Joe