What should be in the patch

ColonelBlimp

First things first, it's a really good game. Not up to Close Combat in terms of playability and variety, but the graphics and detail are pretty nice.

However, there are a number of things that could be included in a patch that would make this game just that bit closer to a classic.

1.) BRITISH ACCENTS! Why oh why oh why. A couple of Scottish, Liverpudlian, Welsh and Irish etc. accents would not only increase the accuracy but also confuse non-British players a lot! smile.gif

2.) MORE UNITS! Flak 88, Sherman Firefly, 17pdr, 85mm/76mm guns, the list goes on and on...

3.) CURVY BREN MAGAZINES! This isn't the NATO Bren, this is the good old WWII Bren, and as such needs a curvy mag otherwise it just looks like someone has taken a Chatellerault and messed around with the mag.

4.) CUSTOM QUICK BATTLES! I just want to see if 5 Shermans will slot a Tiger every time. Unfortunately, I can't.

However, from as small a team as yours a game of this calibre is a massive achievement and huge kudos to the Battlefront team!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allow camera to be moved outside of scenario space by default (Add this option into to the game options - camera screen).

When I issue rotate command I expect my tanks units to follow the order. Rotate the hull as I have requested. If they like they can rotate the turret as they like it but I expect the hull to be rotated as I requested.

I think they need to optimize it better. This thing should run better than it does and it doesnt on my system. I have the recommended specs except for my proccessor which is a 2.6 ghz but I think they need to fix it so it runs better not just on certain machines but a variety so more people can play this game.

Multiple waypoints is definitely top of my list so far - sure a frenzy of clicking, scrolling and/or pausing gets around it - but I assumed this game would avoid that.

Second I'd like to have a clearer indication of how much cover my troops are in/using. Right now it's guesswork as the graphics seem to be almost irrelevant to how much cover you have. I guess it'll make sense eventually, but for now it's a gamey frustration I could do without whilst trying to get to grips with strategy and tactics. One solution might be to add an extra number underneath the range readout that gives an idea of what well covered you are from the location - or even just change the colour of the numbers, red=wide-open, orange/yellow=partial cover, green=no LOS.

Overall, still loving the game though!

Have fun

Finn

For me the most important three things is:

1) Make the game run better on my pc. (AMD Athlon 64 X2 / 4400+ 2.2 GHz, 2 x Kingston 1024 MB DDR RAM 3200 (Mhz 400) and Nvidia 8800GTS 640)

2) Better notifications of when your troops is in cover

3) Better cover for inf and at.

Some more cover would be nice for infantry but at the moment it isn't too bad I reckon, as long as I don't run the out in open terrain, hill crests and/or brush lines and trees seem to help with concealment and cover.

I agree with a hold orientation command being a good idea though, a few times now I have placed a tank in a decent spot to give covering MG fire to advancing infantry only for him to decide that the fleeing tank crew 1.5km behind him are more worthy targets. :rolleyes:

1)SS units with new camouflage and uniforms

2)Medic units and 88flak cannon

3)Fuel!

4)Bigger maps and capture the flag multiplayer option

5)More realistic sound effects and improvments of distance sound effects..

6)Better explosions better smoke for example look at the il2 game they have way ebtter effects than this game even if it a same game engine.

7)computer is able to see throught bushes and trees..

8)More lying objects on the map like big stones

9)Captured units can be used in next mission

10)More multiplayer maps and optimization of the game engine.

11) Bigger maps enter enter building

By the way GreatGAme

Cheers!

[ April 21, 2007, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Zimbower88 ]

1/ Complete overhaul of spotting rules so that a BU tank can't see an hidden ATG 500m away in 3 sec

2/ Overhaul of LOS/LOF calculation to have ingame effects matching "real" visuals (else it's just screwy)

3/ Allow unit to "hide" (related to 1)

4/ Update of weapons to hit/lethality, game is much too lethal

5/ Review of "unit" AI so they obey orders and sopt jerking around

6/ Better unit response/feedback

7/ Review all sounds, make them louder, more distinguishable and "bigger" (except the crows !!)

8/ A map editor

9/ Enterable & destructable buildings !

10/ Quick Battle generator

There's still much more, but those should come first (though I don't think it has any chance to happen)

1) optimize the engine code and fix for amd processors

2) the ability to have true line of sight not partial and you can hide in natural camo such as bushes and stone walls etc. Also that the AI doesn't cheat and see you on the other side of hills or behind houses etc.

3) the ability to change round loud out and amount for tanks/artillery etc in the forces/reinforcements selection screen. Why should I have to take only 6 ap rounds and 32 normal HE's ? that is unrealistic also add more rounds to hummel and wespe , tanks etc or read a bit of first person accounts especially about the german's cramming every round they could into their armored vehicles. Same applies to soldiers, I should be able to select/customize their kit before battle in the unit's screen.Also soldiers not carrying panzershrek etc shouldn't have rounds..big pain trying to change off ammunition during combat or be able to team them up as a group of 2 with the dude having the extra rounds automatically able to resupply the dude with the panzershrek etc..

4) turn to this direction command is fixed and my tank doesn't keep dumbly turning around in circles and targeting tanks that are on the other side of a big hill..while a enemy tank kills it from the front where it was suppose to be facing and watching.

5)ability to garrison buildings

6) ability to shut off vehicle engines for more stealth in ambushing or entrench them and ability to entrench artillery

such as atg's. Ability for men to dig fox holes ( dig in ).

I am sure I will think of a few other things lol.

[ April 21, 2007, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: KiloAlpha4 ]

8/ A map editor

9/ Enterable & destructable buildings !

lol demo says full mission editor included rofl guess not. Buildings are somewhat destroyable at least in the demo.

Oh please don't put what should have been common sense and in the game into a add on and rip us off for another 40 bucks...thanks in advance.

how bout the ability to repair a tank, if its not damaged beyond all hope.

Also when setting up your units before a batttle it would be nice to see a hard number on the soliers ability as well as the graph. That way I can judge more accuratly when movin soldiers around.

I hate the way the game ai will not shoot at an empty tank, or non manned field gun, but if you sneek up and man 1....BLAMO!...before you can blink an eye... seems unrealistic.

Originally posted by ColonelBlimp:

First things first, it's a really good game. Not up to Close Combat in terms of playability and variety, but the graphics and detail are pretty nice.

However, there are a number of things that could be included in a patch that would make this game just that bit closer to a classic.

1.) BRITISH ACCENTS! Why oh why oh why. A couple of Scottish, Liverpudlian, Welsh and Irish etc. accents would not only increase the accuracy but also confuse non-British players a lot! smile.gif

2.) MORE UNITS! Flak 88, Sherman Firefly, 17pdr, 85mm/76mm guns, the list goes on and on...

3.) CURVY BREN MAGAZINES! This isn't the NATO Bren, this is the good old WWII Bren, and as such needs a curvy mag otherwise it just looks like someone has taken a Chatellerault and messed around with the mag.

4.) CUSTOM QUICK BATTLES! I just want to see if 5 Shermans will slot a Tiger every time. Unfortunately, I can't.

However, from as small a team as yours a game of this calibre is a massive achievement and huge kudos to the Battlefront team!

It is an interesting game. It needs some work.

For example, allow flak to attack ground targets.

The US quad 50 doesn't seem to want to shoot at infanty.

Revise the allowable distances between troops and vehicles so troops don't scatter and leave cover and negate their "hold" commands when a truck goes by 15 feet away!!! See my post about "giant trucks" with screen shots illustrating the problem.

1) waypoints

2) editable squad OOB's

3) destroyed vehicles have a tag indicating their status as such. i don't know how many times i tried to shoot abandoned/destroyed vehicles.

4) the ability to change soldiers weaponry in the units page of the campaign. If i want them all to have mg-frickin-34's fine, that's my business. it should cost points to the soldier similar to rank or award's do (which is very cool)

5) targting lines for vehicles that have automatically found and are engaging targets.

6) targeting lines that show which vehicles are under fire, and from where (at least roughly where, if the source of fire is unseen)

7) enterable buildings

8)on map mortars

9) map editor

10) more vehicles dammit

For me the most important things would be:

1) Fix for LOS, be able to hide.

2) Multiple waypoints would be handy, if we have to babysit units then let's do it proper.

3) All camera movement with mouse only so i can use the other hand for the keyboard commands. I have only 2 hands, not 3.