What should be in the patch

ColonelBlimp

Please allow the infantry to enter building to find cover... also make sure that when you move your infantry they look for cover in state of staying in the wide open waiting for nothing especially when there is a nice wall very close.

And smoke smoke smoke smoke smoke!!! How is it possible to make war without smoke. This is a non sens that smoke is not represented in this game.

[ April 23, 2007, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: Gpatton ]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waypoints, entrenching, smoke, repair tank tracks by crew(if they killed in process...oh well, but give them the ability. They had it in real life), LOS and cover problems, and have the artillery more accurate, especially if you have infantry spotting! Thats about it so far. Really like the game. Thanks for getting this out to us who have been waiting so long. smile.gif

Mike

dont allow infantry anymore to operate tanks!!! it sure is cool to watch them getting in but i doubt that sending 5 german infantry soldiers (who in 1945 had probably never even driven a car) to capture a t-34, and seeing them drive away with it inmediately and shooting at other tanks is realistic...

...and fatigue! Soldiers can go from one end of a map to another without penalty (or have I missed something?).

Everything else above is also required, especially:

Waypoints (basic, guys)

Moveable HMGs (again, basic stuff)

Useable buildings (come on, this is really basic)

Infantry can go over obstacles such as walls & fences

Mortars - we have platoon-level engagements, and there would sometimes be a heavy weapons team available to a platoon; not always, since mostly at company level, but there should be that ability to select at unit selection level.

Stop units moving off of their own accord, especailly section commanders, who seem to love running around alone.

A re-group function to allow sections/platoons to regroup on their leader.

Command indicator to show who's in command radius.

Cover status (as in Close Combat series)

Vehicle platoons should act together with a leader, as in CM.

More maps - they all look the same.

Apologies if some of this is simply a result of me not having read the manual - I am waiting for the hard copy, since I hate reading stuff on-screen lol.

Can't really work this game out - I shall await the CM2 game engine being applied to WWII; that looks incredible, but modern warfare leaves me cold.

R

Having only played the demo, I think the combat model and spotting needs some adjustment.

Infantry vs Infantry

Infantry one shot one kill is very unrealistic. In mission 4 of the demo I took out most of the infantry and 3 AT guns with manual control of the sniper.

Tanks vs Infantry

What do you call tanks without infantry? Dead! This is as true today in Iraq as it was in WWII, but not the case in this game. Spotting of Infantry by tanks needs to be reduced my 40-50%.

Tanks should have a much harder time with infantry.

I have a (hopefully) simple request concerning the mission editor; would it be possible to "allow" the british troops to use some of the american equipment (that is from the beginning, when creating your own mission)

The same would seem like an easy way of also expanding the russian range of equipment with lend-lease material.

(So far I've made some test and assigned british crews to american vehicles from the start of a mission in the editor. Judging from what I've tried it's quite ok to have a british crew in a Sherman for instance - but the only way to make an american tank with a british crew to move in the game is to have an american as driver.Odd...)

regards/

sdp

LoS needs to be overhauled. Infantry don't stand a chance against a tank, because the tank has the same visibility as an infantry man though a tank commander is looking through a tiny slit. This takes away the tanks natural weakness, which unbalances the game tremendously.

Waypoints.. How this didn't make it into a large-scale tactical game is beyond me... I mean, wow... Rookie mistake I guess.

Experience for soldiers needs to be rebalanced. Currently Infantry will never progress as fast as tanks and AT guns.

Map variety.. open, flat and boring.. I believe that assaulting over an open field is not a preferred tactic in real life, so why is this whole game doing nothing else? If the engine cannot handle many objects, maybe you should have gone for a different engine then.. Other games can do it, so wy not this one?

Lots of potential, but plagues by rookie mistakes unfortunately.. Keeping fingers crossed for ToW 2.

Hi Folks,

lots is sayed about the patch.

Waypoints, Smoke , Mortars, Buildings, end game options. Infantry that man tanks???? Units I agree with all. smile.gif

Some other points:

Tank crews that attack as infantry. :confused: I think they barely escaped destruction and than attack as Inf :confused: .

The crew would retire also the wounded. :confused:

Fences that can be crossed by Infantry.Please!!!

And put this silly propaganda treecrashing out of the game. Or you have done it to ease the manouvering around trees. :confused:

The games shine in tank country but when urban enviroments appear it fall back behind the old CM series.

The patch must be litterally great or this game will be a small one.

Originally posted by ZaPPPa:

LoS needs to be overhauled. Infantry don't stand a chance against a tank, because the tank has the same visibility as an infantry man though a tank commander is looking through a tiny slit. This takes away the tanks natural weakness, which unbalances the game tremendously.

Reminds of I think a D-Day story where an allied tank was driving slowly past some allied infantry, but was heading to a road covered by an atg. Tanker couldn't hear their shouts & were buttoned up, infantry jumped in front of the tank, no response. I think they resorted to hitting the tank with the buts of their rifles or so.

Damn, I'm a crap storyteller :D

Originally posted by Cougar_DK:

For me the most important three things is:

1) Make the game run better on my pc. (AMD Athlon 64 X2 / 4400+ 2.2 GHz, 2 x Kingston 1024 MB DDR RAM 3200 (Mhz 400) and Nvidia 8800GTS 640)

2) Better notifications of when your troops is in cover

3) Better cover for inf and at.

Your game should be running fine with your specs. I have a slower laptop and 6800 Nvidia card and don't have bad FPS. There was some info about using AMD processors in the Tech Formum, you might want to check it out.

Just based on the demo, I would have to say that relative spotting needs some adjustment, tanks seem to have the same ability to spot Infantry and AT guns. This is why there seems to be no cover in the game, Result Tank sees infantry/AT Guns and bang they are dead. Spotting from Tanks needs to be reduced 50-60%. I think reducing spotting for infantry some what would be a good idea.

Couple of new ones I think:

1) Ability for AFVs to reverse. Essential for when you suddenly find yourself under fire and need to head back down the slope with turning around first (which is highly annoying).

2) Campaign battles seem to be dominated by reinforcements. I just know that when I pick my units they are not going to be enough to do the mission and I'm going to be given a load of green troops within 3-4mins of starting. Tweak the missions please.

Originally posted by Fetchez la Vache:

Couple of new ones I think:

1) Ability for AFVs to reverse. Essential for when you suddenly find yourself under fire and need to head back down the slope with turning around first (which is highly annoying).

2) Campaign battles seem to be dominated by reinforcements. I just know that when I pick my units they are not going to be enough to do the mission and I'm going to be given a load of green troops within 3-4mins of starting. Tweak the missions please.

AFVs can reverse, use the retreat command and select the point to reverse to, make sure you order them to hold fire also though otherwise they will keep pausing to return fire.

There should be a sticky made about the most frequently asked questions/misunderstandings imo, would help a lot of people.