When is the demo ready?

mazex

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by whaco:

I heard the same confirmation from one of the beta testers via email. Look for it Labour day monday for sure. ;)

You got that email too eh. ;)

Originally posted by Markus86:

is this the coming monday, september the 4th?

Correcto-Mundo!

What's with all the stupid bloody smileys all of a sudden?!?! Do you people know something or is it a typical bloody Battlefront forum "string them all along and then let them down" joke?

GRRRARRGGGGARRRGGAAARRGGGARRRAGGG! :mad:

Ok...breaking this down....Whaco, your member number's too high, you can't possibly know anything.

MeatEtr...your recent posts are NOT screaming "I am a beta-tester who knows something" to me....sorry. You know nothing.

Who else posted a smiley in this thread?

That's it?

PAH....NOT waiting for the demo on Monday.

Unhappy. :(

Originally posted by Peterk:

MeatEtr...your recent posts are NOT screaming "I am a beta-tester who knows something" to me....sorry. You know nothing.

Haha, that means you looked at my profile and had your head crushed by Mark Mckinney, got you.(beware of my head crushing profile) :D

Seriously though, I never said I was a beta tester or anything like that. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. ;) (more smilies just for you) :D

Ok, I'm serious for sure this time, I got my intel from someone on the testing team.(no smiley this time)

Originally posted by gunnersman:

*grumpy old man voice*

Back in my day we didnt have DEEEMOOOS. We didnt even have color graphics. We didnt even have graphics. Just lines. And we liked it!

We played battletank all the time. Battletank and Asteroids.

Thats the way it was and we liked it...WE LOVED IT!!!

And I went to school everyday barefoot, in the snow, up hill...both ways.

That was for you Dana Carvey SNL folks. :D

Does anyone remember this?

A review from another site: "With this game, it's clear Mattel was taking aim at Atari's Combat, trying to show it up with better graphics and deeper gameplay. While it may have succeeded, Armor Battle just isn't all that fun. A two-player only game, each person gets two tanks situated on a randomly generated battlefield. There are roads, trees, water, and buildings. While these obstacles are meant to provide strategy, they rarely do. Most battles are a series of one-on-one confrontations, each tank blasting away until the other blows up. This happens because the tanks don't relocate after being hit (like in Combat), leaving them open to continuous fire. Another problem is the control. The directional disk is only used to turn the tank - you have to hold a side button to move forward. This would make sense if the cannon could aim independently of the tank movement, but it can't - you can only shoot forward. One cool feature is the ability to lay invisible mines (one at a time) though they are rarely a factor. The funniest part is that the game doesn't officially end until you lose 50 tanks! I thought one round was bad enough, but then the game told me I had 48 tanks left! Armor Battle is one of those games that looks great on paper, but it's less than thrilling to play."

You kids don't know how good you have it.

I have good news and bad news for you Peterk. Bad news is my sources say the demo may not come out Monday due to an unforseen technical upload glitch that is being worked on as we speak.

The good news is I just saved a $100 a month off my insurance by switching to Geico. ;)

Originally posted by Shmavis:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gunnersman:

*grumpy old man voice*

Back in my day we didnt have DEEEMOOOS. We didnt even have color graphics. We didnt even have graphics. Just lines. And we liked it!

We played battletank all the time. Battletank and Asteroids.

Thats the way it was and we liked it...WE LOVED IT!!!

And I went to school everyday barefoot, in the snow, up hill...both ways.

That was for you Dana Carvey SNL folks. :D

Does anyone remember this?

A review from another site: "With this game, it's clear Mattel was taking aim at Atari's Combat, trying to show it up with better graphics and deeper gameplay. While it may have succeeded, Armor Battle just isn't all that fun. A two-player only game, each person gets two tanks situated on a randomly generated battlefield. There are roads, trees, water, and buildings. While these obstacles are meant to provide strategy, they rarely do. Most battles are a series of one-on-one confrontations, each tank blasting away until the other blows up. This happens because the tanks don't relocate after being hit (like in Combat), leaving them open to continuous fire. Another problem is the control. The directional disk is only used to turn the tank - you have to hold a side button to move forward. This would make sense if the cannon could aim independently of the tank movement, but it can't - you can only shoot forward. One cool feature is the ability to lay invisible mines (one at a time) though they are rarely a factor. The funniest part is that the game doesn't officially end until you lose 50 tanks! I thought one round was bad enough, but then the game told me I had 48 tanks left! Armor Battle is one of those games that looks great on paper, but it's less than thrilling to play."

You kids don't know how good you have it. </font>

Upload glitch?

How can an upload glitch? You send something...it goes....done. If it's big it takes a while; if it's small then it's fast....but....that's about it.

Jeez. And we can trust these guys to write a whole game????? Are there CD's not round enough glitches hiding around the corner too?

smile.gif

Any chance of an offical announcement regarding the demo release? No, not how much cowbell it does or doesn't contain, but it's release date.

This will help me get prepared for which day i will need to turn into a refresh monkey. Thanks.