When is the demo ready?

mazex

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Megakill:

well i really hope that very-very soon

yes, changing to realistic ranges took a bit more time than we expected, plus we are now playing around with various levels - what missions to put into the demo, and how many...

Can't wait :D

Plus there is a lot of requests about infantry missions etc - we are now thinking about maybe changing the demo content in the favour of showing not the various armies etc, but more diffrent gameplay - tank heave battle vs infanty heavy battle. Stay tuned!

Originally posted by benpark:

An infantry heavy demo with a support AFV or two gets my vote. The less open the map, the better as well.

That sounds good to me, though the AFV + Inf. heavy one sounds fine too.

OTOH, I hear the demo has been ready for a week now and hasn't been released simply because they hate us.

May i suggest tank, tank+at+inf support, and inf+support battles. Might also be good for you to showcase some of the different terrains/seasons that there will be in the game for us to see how these affect combat/tactics.

3 battles should be enough, but if you are planning more then forget what i just said. ;)

*grumpy old man voice*

Back in my day we didnt have DEEEMOOOS. We didnt even have color graphics. We didnt even have graphics. Just lines. And we liked it!

We played battletank all the time. Battletank and Asteroids.

Thats the way it was and we liked it...WE LOVED IT!!!

And I went to school everyday barefoot, in the snow, up hill...both ways.

That was for you Dana Carvey SNL folks. :D

[ August 30, 2006, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: gunnersman ]

Originally posted by Manx:

If we eventually get map & scenario editors for TOW, just think; we could recreate some of the classic CMBO/BB/AK scenarios from yesteryear.

Bring it on!

Oh yeah. I think Matt said he would see to it that this would happen, eventually. He was specifically refering to VoT IIRC. smile.gif

Originally posted by Other Means:

Can I ask that the demo be delayed as long as possible? [...]

that way I'll have saved up enough for a new PC ;)

Ditto. A power machine for CMSF and ToW.

First demo i played on pc was Talonsofts Battleground ardennes some dozen or so years ago. Got me into the whole strategy game on pc genre. Probably why im here now waiting for this demo to be released. I remember CMBO demo, must have played it some 40 odd times before i got my CMBO copy. Hope ToW Demo will be just as good to play over and over while we wait on GOLD release. smile.gif