it's been 7 months Hunter

sonar

Originally posted by Philippe:

The fall seems likely.

Which year we're talking about is an entirely different story.

A good thing, too, as I'll never tire of traffic analysis.

Still pretty new here, and suddenly realized what you were talking about..damn, this has been going on for years ? I just saw the combat mission campaigns thread dated 2005. Wow, and everyone is being so patient.. Good group of guys you all are.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, because the usage would be incorrect.

If you used "CM" to mean 900 and then CC to mean 200 you end up with 1100 which of course should be written MC.

Now write it out a few hundred times on this big wall before the Sun comes up. smile.gif

(The above of course would be lost on anyone who hadn't seen "Life of Brian").

Personally I think CMCC will be overtaken by the campaigns in the CMx2 Ost Front module but I love you guys and your optimism. smile.gif

From a market perspectiv, the project is more or less obsolete. They must first update CMBB/CMAK to work with modern hardware, next thing should be to upgrade CMBB to CMAK standard and make CMC work with both.

I can't belive that this can be a profitable project out of the information we have now. I buy it, but I'm afraide it's not enough ...

Well I'm almost certain that isn't going to happen.

CMx1 development (CMBO, CMBB, CMAK) is over.

Focus has shifted to CMx2 and for lovers of CMx1, the item of interest would be the Second World War module (specifically Normandy) which has been indicated but with no launch date (as it comes after two other "modern" modules that are yet to come out).

As for a CMx2 Ost Front module some time after Normandy, who knows.

So I guess the "good" news for CMC development is they can take their time because the game its based on isn't going to change.

Originally posted by gibsonm:

As for a CMx2 Ost Front module some time after Normandy, who knows.

I forget who said it, Moon or Steve, but one of them did mention there are indeed plans to go back to the East front for CMx2. But that would be at least 3-4 modules away.

Ah so say 12-18 mths between modules (lets be optimistic smile.gif ) that’s:

July 2007: CM:SF

End 2008: CM:USMC

Mid 2010: CM:NATO

End 2011: CM:Normandy

Mid 2013: CM:BB Revisited

The good news is that on that basis CMC has about 5 yrs of development time available to it, so they can get it “right” before the competition in the form of CM:BB Revisited turns up.

The bad news is that it will be a long wait I suspect, but given you have been doing it since Oct ’05 you have some good match practice to draw on.

There will be no "CM:BB revisited"; it will be small battle-oriented modules, just as the other CMX2 modules will be.

Even CM: Normandy won't be, really. It will feature US and German forces and that's all - maybe even just Heer, not Heer, Luftwaffe and Waffen SS. Less is more; that is to say, Less Content is More Money.

For the eastern front, who knows? Panzer Command seems to be starting with the arcane subjects - Winter Storm, Kharkov, Mtzensk so would CM really duplicate that effort?

CM is tank heavy so Kursk would be the prime consideration for CMX2's eastern front debut, given that, say, Stalingrad seems unsuited to the CMX2 engine at present with its focus on infantry. July 1943 is a time of rough parity as far as tanks go. But if I was a betting man, I would have lost my shirt betting on "Winter Storm" for PC and "Syria" for CMX2...

Agreed, the “Titles“ were just intended to provide a rough geographic indicator and timeline (before someone decided to misquote it).

CMx2 might be “tank heavy”, but based on CM:SF to date, CMx2 wouldn’t appear to handle something like even a small facet of Prokhorovka.

In any case CMC may well be out by then and it becomes a moot point.

The Combat Mission series is one of Battlefront's premiere achievements, and it would appear that Theater of War ranks up there as well, but CM Strike Force has a number of factors that should give it a much lower ranking, and it is, in my limited opinion, a very disappointing simulation.

Having said the above, I might add, that if Battlefront goes back on their stated purpose to develop CMC, their reputation hangs in the balance.