it's been 7 months Hunter

sonar

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

What does the FAQ say about the reasons for the delay in release?

Nothing.

You're not so clever now, I bet. ;)

Agreed.

GSX's speculation is worth no more and no less than yours.

I did not speculate anything. In general though I agree with your point. GSX speculated that the delay is down to Charles.

All anyone can do is wait and see.

Agreed. ;)

[ March 13, 2008, 05:47 AM: Message edited by: Melnibone ]

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without information we have speculation. I really dont think that Charles input is done with here, more speculation. The days of my blind faith in BF are long gone. I can only imagine that CMBB and CMC are having real problems chatting to each other about things.

BF have stated more than once on the SF forum that they arent really interested in CMBB or CMx1 which means to me that they arent really interested in any new game that uses cmbb.

Ive really no axe to grind here other than observation and speculation, I also doubt we will have a functioning cmc this decade.

If Im proved wrong, all the better though.

Originally posted by GSX:

Ive really no axe to grind here other than observation and speculation, I also doubt we will have a functioning cmc this decade.

If Im proved wrong, all the better though.

If you're proved wrong, the debate will quickly turn, of course, to how well it functions. There doesn't seem to be any kind of qualitative measurement system vis-a-vis public expectations vs. payoff as far as the initial four titles in the CM line. It would be interesting to track if there were; doubly interesting to see where CM:C should happen to fall on that progression.

Ummm...care to speculate? smile.gif I have nothing to offer so far as that goes given how little has been presented publicly. Some of the initial posts in October 2005 are interesting - reaction to the map layout in some of them, other bemoaning a lack of a strategic layer but that hardly seems fair. After 8 years of moaning about CM not having an operational layer and finally getting one, seems silly to criticize it for not actually being a strategic layer...but I am sure we will see those kinds of criticisms anyway.

So what's the betting pool about the coming announcement?

My bet: CMC is being rebased to Panzer Command, which provides most (all?) of the interfaces required for an operational or campaign layer in XML format (that means you can do CMC with very little changes to the base game).

Just a thought. I realize it's more likely it simply isn't gonna be finished.

It seem unthinkable that BF would not tell us 'it's dead' if they KNOW it's dead. :confused: That would equate to intentionally ticking off some of your most loyal customers. :mad: I think they are trying to put it together and MAY not pull it off. Hence, no announcements for a long time. That's my take.

If they do it successfully, great. :D If not, they will probably announce (explain) that they tried but couldn't do it for whatever host of reasons. But to know it's dead, say nothing, and just make your customers wait forever? That would be horrible business practice. :eek: I would hate for that to be the case; the company has been very good and has produced some products (CM, e.g.) that have provided WW2 buffs like us with a lot of enjoyment...and good support.

Originally posted by Colonel J Lee:

It seem unthinkable that BF would not tell us 'it's dead' if they KNOW it's dead. :confused: That would equate to intentionally ticking off some of your most loyal customers. :mad: I think they are trying to put it together and MAY not pull it off. Hence, no announcements for a long time. That's my take.

If they do it successfully, great. :D If not, they will probably announce (explain) that they tried but couldn't do it for whatever host of reasons. But to know it's dead, say nothing, and just make your customers wait forever? That would be horrible business practice. :eek: I would hate for that to be the case; the company has been very good and has produced some products (CM, e.g.) that have provided WW2 buffs like us with a lot of enjoyment...and good support.

A press release here involves at least one publisher and one developer and possibly another publisher. That's like herding cats.

That, or they got as much MIA for BFC as for us.

I really hate being a downer but that little blurb isn't too enticing. It almost makes it seem like they're surprised to get e-mails about it or something. Unless they post a virtual butt-load of information that looks promising, and not just a new UI update or new graphics, who really cares?

I seem to post here every 5 to 6 months or so because of the tiny, gleaming hope in my eye that wishes this great little game to be released. I've been waiting for literal years, and only made worse by how extremely lack luster CM:SF was upon release and arguably even today. It is a strange feeling to not look at a games development for an entire year, only to come back to absolutely nothing new. That just means it's totally dead.

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />For Combat Mission Campaigns, we're preparing a public announcement right now to give you an update on where things stand at the moment. We're still receiving emails asking about this project each week, and there have been some new developments to share. More about this later this month.

</font>

Originally posted by Redwolf:

The suspense is killing me...

Honestly?

What is it you think will be said?

Perhaps a pool is in order. You go first with your best shot. I have to recuse myself, but I think a cross sampling of what the community - well, whatever survivors we have here - thinks will be said in the impending announcement would be interesting, maybe breathe some new life into the forum.

Give it your best shot.

Originally posted by abneo3sierra:

My guess..for what it's worth..a release will be planned for fall, and will in reality arrive around November..

So in fall then...??? :confused:

My guess is that they're going to discuss a facet of the game. Maybe deployment zones or something trivial. The other guess would be that they're moving shop to another publisher, but that seems unlikely. I'm only allowed one guess so I'll pick my first. tongue.gif

Anything else would be really surprising.