it's been 7 months Hunter

sonar

Interesting idea...

Waiting for CMC (WCMC) the latest game from ground breaking software company BTS has just been announced.

In this exciting new multiplayer title users from all over the world take turns at posting on a forum to see just how long they can keep it alive.

Do you have what it takes to last the distance??

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Fenris:

Interesting idea...

Waiting for CMC (WCMC) the latest game from ground breaking software company BTS has just been announced.

In this exciting new multiplayer title users from all over the world take turns at posting on a forum to see just how long they can keep it alive.

The WCMC manual has been released

1841012963.jpg

They aren't BTS anymore. They are BFC. :D Maybe thats why you guys arent playing yet. ;)

Originally posted by Fenris:

Interesting idea...

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

Why are you all talking about CMSF here instead of on CMSF forums?

May be because the CMSF forums are falling into death, and they are becoming closer to the activity displayed here in the CMC forums.

I hope that the crew of CMC, keeps his development with the CMx1 engine, because any WWII game based in the CMx2 engine will fall short in quality.

It's very clear that CMBB and CMAK will be the biggest quality standard for the next 10 years.

It's now clear that CMC will suck if they expect to release something conected with the CMx2 engine, because the number of weapons that this small team can model for any WWII expansion over the CMx2 engine, will be too small for consider CMC as even possible.

CMC needs lots of weapon class to represent true WWII battles at bigger level... with the few weapons that can be modeled in the more graphical complex CMx2 engine at 1:1, CMC will lack of deep and any interest.

Originally posted by Cid250:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

Why are you all talking about CMSF here instead of on CMSF forums?

May be because the CMSF forums are falling into death, and they are becoming closer to the activity displayed here in the CMC forums.

I hope that the crew of CMC, keeps his development with the CMx1 engine, because any WWII game based in the CMx2 engine will fall short in quality.

It's very clear that CMBB and CMAK will be the biggest quality standard for the next 10 years.

It's now clear that CMC will suck if they expect to release something conected with the CMx2 engine, because the number of weapons that this small team can model for any WWII expansion over the CMx2 engine, will be too small for consider CMC as even possible.

CMC needs lots of weapon class to represent true WWII battles at bigger level... with the few weapons that can be modeled in the more graphical complex CMx2 engine at 1:1, CMC will lack of deep and any interest. </font>

I have bought several Battlefront Games, and consider myself a customer of their products (purchased 4 titles in total, plus a strategy guide). While I come and read these forums I very rarely post, but I have to say I am befuddled by Battlefront's approach to dealing with this game. It is almost like the customers are an annoyance to them. What the customers are asking of Battlefront is just some basic common courtesy.

All customers are asking is for Battlefront to interact just a little with them - most businesses are normally eager to interact with their customer base and view that as an opportunity. How long does it take to post a brief update, a couple of minutes at most. Is keeping your your customers happy worth two minutes of your time?

I stand by my original supposition that they are having trouble coding at least a credible and competent CPU opponent worthy of commercial release for this game and that is why it is taking so long and has not been released. I would say, judging from the screenshots, that by now they would have most of the other aspects of the game fleshed out but are struggling to get the CPU opponent to play this game intelligently. Potenially this game could even be at a point where it works just fine as a multiplayer game.

And as I have said it is a pity, because I for one do not consider a CPU opponent as not being intrinsic to my evaluation and enjoyment of a game.

If HTS are in fact still desperately trying to get the CPU opponent to understand and play the game intelligently and would rather terminate and shelve the whole project than just release it without a CPU opponent if it came to that, it would be a real shame. I am sure they have probably done a great job on the game design, features and mechanics itself.

Lt Bull, I agree. I would personally pay whatever price they originally had for MP only. From the beginning I wondered how they could possibly build a solid AI for such a complicated endeavor, both strategically and tactically. It seems utterly impossible given the original CM AI and the amount of variables present. Admittedly, the over world AI and the battlefield AI are completely separate, but that still makes things even more complex by allowing the 'hive mind' AI go about it's usual business when it needs to approach objectives uniquely.

Upon it's announcement I think everyone was excited. I wanted CM:SF and CMC both very badly, however the initial CM:SF release was extremely rough and CMC had the curtains drawn far too early. It's just a little frustrating to see such a good idea get bogged down.

The lack of communication is unbelievable.

I understand if they have hit difficulties that make the whole project uncertain. Which prevents them from making 'official' announcements in either direction.

But it definetly doesn't explain the TOTAL silence. Even a post, "I'm/We are still here, but cannot really discuss the project at the moment. We will make announcement/update as soon as possible", would be better than this ghost town.

I'd guess the rest of the developers (Hunter) have jumped the ship too, like his partner and there's some sort of legal conflict with them and BFC.

I mean, c'mon, if the thing would be still developed and it's future uncertain, any developer still on the project would be here telling atleast something - "I can confirm it's not dead yet".

Software projects fail now and then, but this is just a failure cascade with the communications.

Originally posted by Runyan99:

Actually, it has been 2 years now.

I am a little blown away by the fact that this forum has been open since October 2005, for a game that does not exist.

What a waste of electrons.

hehehe...Although coming here and talking about CMC not being released yet every few months is an exercise in futility, it has become a tradition of sorts...

I guess we are trying to wish it to come true (chanting....)