sonar

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Cid250:

The CM2 engine is crap, from the point of view of tactical-AI. The core of the CM2 engine will never improve the quality of the TacAI, since it's developed as a pure real time strategy game in mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Yes he does, it's YOU who has no idea what you are talking about.

• 1 month later...

Well here's some news from blogfront:

For Combat Mission Campaigns, we're preparing a public announcement right now to give you an update on where things stand at the moment. We're still receiving emails asking about this project each week, and there have been some new developments to share. More about this later this month.
Interestiing.... :confused:

Sounds a little iffy. It would be a pity if this meant a complete write-off.

But I'm guessing they're going to say there are very few people (if any) on the job and the project will be put off until so-and-so comes back and gets his hands on it again.

Too bad! We will just have to keep waiting - and resurrecting old threads: this thread should be titled what? "It's been 15 months, Hunter!"

Long live the CMC wait!

Originally posted by J_Toe:

Well here's some news from blogfront:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> For Combat Mission Campaigns, we're preparing a public announcement right now to give you an update on where things stand at the moment. We're still receiving emails asking about this project each week, and there have been some new developments to share. More about this later this month.

Interestiing.... :confused: </font>

By the time this comes out no one will be able to play it I suspect.

This has been the biggest piece of fantasyware BF have ever come up with.

Charles is the only guy that works on CM code and that means no Campaigns for the foreseeable future I rekon.

Originally posted by Melnibone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GSX:

Charles is the only guy that works on CM code and that means no Campaigns for the foreseeable future I rekon.

Try reading the FAQ.

Hunter = Bruce Poon, CMC programmer </font>

Originally posted by GSX:

I very much doubt he can do it without Charles input.

Again, try reading the FAQ:

Q: Did Battlefront design Combat Mission Campaigns? Did Charles Moylan (programmer of CM) work on CMC?

A: Partially, while Combat Mission Campaigns was developed, designed and programmed by the team at Hunting Tank Software, they have been given unprecedented access to the inner workings of the Combat Mission game engine. Charles coded up the interface between CMBB and CMC which allows for the great interaction between the two programs and the ability to "share" information, status and results with one another.

Originally posted by Melnibone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GSX:

I very much doubt he can do it without Charles input.

Again, try reading the FAQ:

Q: Did Battlefront design Combat Mission Campaigns? Did Charles Moylan (programmer of CM) work on CMC?

A: Partially, while Combat Mission Campaigns was developed, designed and programmed by the team at Hunting Tank Software, they have been given unprecedented access to the inner workings of the Combat Mission game engine. Charles coded up the interface between CMBB and CMC which allows for the great interaction between the two programs and the ability to "share" information, status and results with one another. </font>