• 1 month later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by Kellysheroes:

I'm beginning to think this was all a ruse and this is vaporware. You all know about "Combat Leader" that Matrixgames was supposed to be doing. I think sometimes publishers just throw a bone out there with no meat on it and then never come thru with the canned dog food. ;)

Koios and Matrix put out a game called Panzer Command: Operation Winter Storm that looks a lot like CM:BB with a limited campaign. Has anyone played that game, and how does it compare to the CM series?

Hunter (and to all of those who contributed so many long hours debugging Combat Mission Series) - THANK YOU!

Here we are six years later and I still play the original Combat Mission. Hands down, nothing has come close this historic game design. I salute you guys from Battlefront.com for all of your hard work.

To see previews of Theatre of War only makes me want more. My wife has something to say also to you guys "Not another wargame! My husband has enough!" My response always is "You can never have enough quality wargames!" From someone who used to invest hundreds of hours playing the old Advanced Squad Leader series. Three turns of ASL contributed to a weekend of arguing (ex. "That was frontal pentetration shot! No it wasn't! Side Track hit dude! Give me a break, roll the damn dice!" Thank you Battlefront for saving thousands of hours!

CMC and Theatre of War is on Santa's wish list (I hope can't I?). smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dryfear:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kellysheroes:

I'm beginning to think this was all a ruse and this is vaporware. You all know about "Combat Leader" that Matrixgames was supposed to be doing. I think sometimes publishers just throw a bone out there with no meat on it and then never come thru with the canned dog food. ;)

Koios and Matrix put out a game called Panzer Command: Operation Winter Storm that looks a lot like CM:BB with a limited campaign. Has anyone played that game, and how does it compare to the CM series? </font>

• 1 month later...

And so here we are. A year since the announcement and apparently still no closer to the goal.

If this had come out a year ago I would have bought it, now, I wont. Things move on, the CM world grows smaller with every passing day and I doubt that it will even make a profit now. I wonder what the unit sold quantity has to be to break even?

Sorry but my friends and me are waiting for SF now. Even this seems so far in the future that the original premise should be moved from 2007 to perhaps 2012.

I await the demos.

While I am still interested in CMC I do agree it's place in the market, if there was any, has come and gone.

The gap between CMC and the CMBB release date is just too big. Including the Finns and other minor Axis afterall, are we? Thought not. So what's taking so long?

Nor am I inclined to believe that CMC has any chance whatsoever as a stand alone product.

I AM INTERESTED!!!

I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT THIS GAME!!!!!!

Please keep up the work on CMC!!!!!!! This is a dream come true for an old ASL fan who never could find an opponent to play with.

I always knew we wargamers were few and far between. People smart enough to learn the rules hate war and people who like war are too dumb to learn the rules.

But not all of us! We thrill to the battlecry only we can hear, while moving cardboard counters late at night sweating the upcoming assault on the next Soviet building, or while staring in surprise at the screen after dozens of rounds glance off the T-34's turret armor...

I, for one, will buy it! I bought all the others and even the MATRIX game, and all the others before. CM is the best of the best and I want the campaign and any other WW2 folow-ons.

to war!

While I'm still interested, I've pretty much given up on this.

At this point I wish they would either tell us they are totally dropping it or tell us more specifically what is holding it up programming wise.

Is it in need of more playtests? Are there a few (or many) specific glitches still being fixed? Are there elements that have not yet been started in the program?

While I understand their policy of just telling us that it will be done when it's done, this has gone on leaving us hanging for so long that I think an honest, upfront assessment to us potential customers might be in order.

Perhaps even market a "light" version for a reduced price with a promise of free patches as the programming continues if that was feasable.

Anyway, a salute to the many manhours of effort I'm sure they've put in so far.

BvB/Scott

Hey all,

My name is Rob and I've been helping to work on CMC for a while now. I understand the need to know what's going on but we've been pretty busy working on the game itself and trying to get it out. As far as I know, we're getting close to a release date, a new BETA has come out for the testers, so we'll see what they have to say, first.

If people have somewhat lost interest, my hope is that by providing something of quality we will get more people re-interested then by providing quantity.

If anyone has nay questions about the development etc. please feel free to ask.

Rob

CMBB is the last game I bought.(years ago) It is the only game I play. Good graphics are nice, but this game survives on replayability and versatility. There is always something new to try. A campaign for it could expand the replayability tenfold as the game length and the value of not letting my troops get wasted to capture a flag before time runs out will keep me happy for a loooooong time.

• 2 weeks later...