I didn't know CMSF featured Nukes

Originally posted by Wicky:

IIRC there was also a similar cascading CAS splodey bug in CM1 which wiped out towns.

Tried to look through the archive but no joy. Remember similar shock and awe!

There was a similar one - I was testing a scenario on a 2km by 2km map, and at one point an aircraft came in making a run on a tank... and when the bomb landed every single building on the map was destroyed. Quite impressive. No huge crater though smile.gif

I'd bet it was the game 'stutter' that did it. It was probably cycling on the explosion command, ended up setting off 6-8+ explosions at the same time. Back a couple builds ago I recall the game could sometimes repeat car IED explosions. That got fixed.

When my CPU starts to overheat (no A/C, playing for ~1 hour), the game stutters and then stops during an action phase, and nothing new will be displayed until that action phase is over. Usually it'll complete the action phase like normal but without displaying anything, but occasionally each unit will keep moving forward at it's present speed for the remainder of the unseen turn, as if the remainder of the action phase were a single time step. During replay it looks like unit teleporation when the game transitions from the freeze point to the end of replay instantaneously. Never had an explosion the instant this has happened, but it might be related.

Originally posted by Dogface:

Ahh, sorry Sgt. the flaw in your theory is omitting the pre-reinforced SLOL bunkers. 39,993 years ago the PDLR built them to store the fuel for the SLDR MK225.

What's SLOL? Space Lobster of Loon...? :D