New E3 Videos

I've just watched the "MOUT" video. The first appearance of the M2 Bradley was a welcome treat, as was the first view of an RPG being used. It did seem strange though, that the M2 Bradley parked right in front of the Syrian occupied building did not seem to be firing at them. Was it abandoned?

One minor criticism. When the Syrian soldier fired his RPG from the balcony he was kneeling, resulting in the weapon going partially through the balcony wall. Perhaps in a future patch, RPG gunners could be made to stand for a second or two to fire, which would alleviate this problem.

It was, how do you say? DEAD! They don't always catch fire. I like how the door stays open if it gets knocked out when it's open. I wonder if you can see KIA troops inside APCs if they happen to get killed there and the doors open?

[ July 10, 2007, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: Flanker15 ]

Took me a little while to realize the near Bradley was KOed and quietly burning, as opposed to that one

that the guy put a bomb and gas under in the video.

What I really didn't understand, though, was why the arriving Bradley would come in with TOW launcher pod elevated, for this exposes the missiles within to direct fire. Ungood! Concur as to being puzzled why the nonburning Bradley (maybe also dead?) wasn't lighting up that balcony, and that the RPG guy shouldn't, in the normal course of things, be able to fire through the wall. Also, I think he'd better set up in front of a window and even then make sure the glass is knocked in first. Otherwise, he and his Syrian buddies are likely to be blown about like leaves.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by George Mc:

That's a view of some of the fighting in one of the scenarios called "Attack in Brandenburg". It's pretty full on smile.gif

Cheers fur noo

George

ps that's got a big map ;)

Brandenburg? Where's that in Syria?

Originally posted by John Kettler:

What I really didn't understand, though, was why the arriving Bradley would come in with TOW launcher pod elevated, for this exposes the missiles within to direct fire.

If someone is in a position to fire directly at the front of an erected launcher, then the gunner should have him within the sight picture and can quickly fire a burst of whatever ammo is selected. A bigger concern with driving around with the launcher erected is that it will probably start to bounce up and down and that may be sufficient to damage the launcher so that it cannot maintain, ehem, its erection.

edited for bad grammar

[ July 10, 2007, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: jjhouston ]

The guys who have played that (gorgeous) scenario were probably yelling at the video clip "No! that's not the most dramatic shot! Use the wide angle lens with the vehicle backlit against the horizon!" Especially in WeGo you sometimes tend do to start looking for the most 'dramatic' camera angles as though you were shooting a John Ford western :D;)

About the Bradley TOW launcher. Remember, BFC is giving you heavy mech forces out of the goodness of their heart. This is billed as a Stryker Brigade sim! Just be happy with whatever else they see fit to add.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

About the Bradley TOW launcher. Remember, BFC is giving you heavy mech forces out of the goodness of their heart. This is billed as a Stryker Brigade sim! Just be happy with whatever else they see fit to add.

Roger, no problem. I'll game with the Shock Force I have, not the Shock Force I might want or wish to have at a later time. smile.gif

Ill add that the Bradley ATGM issue is a know one, and the model is actually set up to rotate but the code to do so in game wont make the first release. As such we figured it was better to be in the firing position than in the travel, hehe. It is certainly something we will keep on the list to add in the future though smile.gif

Dan

Originally posted by Flanker15:

I'm uploading now, link soon...

Here ya go:

Thank you very much!

Smallie remarks:

(1) Would it be possible to 'fade in' the (excellent) vegetation shadows instead of letting them just pop up.

(2) That burning Bradley does not show the final fire FX, does it?!

Best regards,

Thomm

I noticed that too. I think fire is not on par with the rest of the graphics imo. Needs to be more transparent perhaps. Also, multiple fire/smoke columns from the same vehicle look kinda odd, since, normaly, they should be unified in one big flame rather quickly.

[ July 11, 2007, 03:51 AM: Message edited by: panzermartin ]