BUYER BEWARE...you may have overpaid!

aleader

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always happens when a game is distributed in several ways. BF will have no control over how Walmart decide to price it, or when they discount that price. The can't cut to match as they couldn't survive on Walmart margins.

Plus you don't get the 'proper' manual with the Paradox version?

Look at it this way, at least all of what you have paid has gone to support BF; had you bought Paradox/Walmart I doubt 20% of it would have done. It's a bitch, especially when you are strapped for cash, but it's up to the buyer to seek out the lowest price not expect everybody else to match it.

As one who is familiar with Wal-Mart buying practices - it's impossible for any company to compete with the buying power of Wal-Mart.

They used to be a sponsor of a TV show I worked on a few years ago and I got an inside look at how they operate.

By buying from BFC you support them and the money goes to making improvements and future products. You buy from Wal-mart and the money goes to Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart no doubt bought directly from Paradox. If BFC sees any of that money I'd be quite surprised.

Originally posted by Frenchy:

As one who is familiar with Wal-Mart buying practices - it's impossible for any company to compete with the buying power of Wal-Mart.

They used to be a sponsor of a TV show I worked on a few years ago and I got an inside look at how they operate.

By buying from BFC you support them and the money goes to making improvements and future products. You buy from Wal-mart and the money goes to Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart no doubt bought directly from Paradox. If BFC sees any of that money I'd be quite surprised.

BFC has either already gotten their money from Paradox or will get it from them depending on their contract. I don't believe the distribution contract they signed with Paradox (otherwise known as the "Great Satan") involved BFC shipping them free copies to sell as they please.

You know, I admit that the manual looks nice but I don't feel it is worth doubling the price. Next time I'll remember that.

I thought Paradox wasn't allowed to distribute CMSF in North AMerica? I could easily be mistaken.

The funny thing is in CM1 forums Steve proudly railed on about shady and demanding distributers and how BFC(BTS) was changing the model. I now think BFC has gone back on one of its mantras and having to relearn some hard lessons about big distribution.

Originally posted by FinnN:

That's incredible - I've never seen such a new release go down that low so quickly. Presumably Play must have built up stocks and then not sold many of them for them to want to get rid of them so quickly.

Have fun

Finn

There might be one or two reasons why it must be selling like brickstones.

I´ve already seen it here for 12,95 EUR while other shops still take 42 EUR.

Originally posted by FinnN:

That's incredible - I've never seen such a new release go down that low so quickly. Presumably Play must have built up stocks and then not sold many of them for them to want to get rid of them so quickly.

Have fun

Finn

that is not quite true, I remember seeing copies of LOMAC selling for $ 9.99 at Staples about 2 months after the game came out.

The price for Jane's F/A-18 was cut a 1/3 two weeks after it came out (I know, I paid full price the day it was released).

That is just the nature of the business, only giants like Microsoft can dictate selling prices to retailers.