The inevitable 'when's the 1.06 patch coming?' thread

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We hope that the Paradox patch will come out simultaneously this time. However, we don't want to make everybody else wait for it if Paradox runs into some sort of internal problem with an otherwise ready for release patch. As I said earlier in this thread, we shouldn't force an artificial wait on one customer base just so the other one can get it at the same time. We're willing to wait a couple of days to coordinate things, but beyond that it's simply not right to have it gathering dust on our server's harddrive.

Steve

Well, I don't mean to defend Paradox directly, since I've counted myself lucky I wasn't their customer since day one, but as someone who has to do odd security stuff every time I release a patch for my applications, sometimes you can run into troubles -- things can take longer than expected.

????

Sorry, too cryptic for me, I don’t get that one.

You are right though “don't ask don't tell“ is US only as far as I know.

“Sacked” here means fired/ reduced in rank/ given a bad report on/ or instigated disciplinary measures against - not “been in the sack” if that what you were trying to suggest???

We had intended on getting it out early this week but we found reasons to hold it back for a couple of days. It appears to be ready to finalize and do all the magical non-gameplay things that need to be done before releasing it to you guys. My guess, and PLEASE... it's only a guess, is that it will be ready for Monday late in the day US time. It's so hard to peg the exact time it will go out, especially because of coordinating with a partner that is in a very different timezone.

If you don't hear anything to the contrary before then that's our planned for release time. If for some reason we miss that window it won't be far off. Weekends can sometimes slow things down more than we would like because about a half dozen people in two different parts of the world have to do things to make patches happen. One of the less fun things about game development in a virtual workplace.

Steve

BAH! A game company with a set of balls would release a patch, as anticipated as this one is, at precisely the moment of the Superbowl kickoff. That would induce a bandwidth surge which would knock the game off-air, causing wailing, gnashing of teeth, riots, downward spiraling GDP's, recession, and a world-depression.

C'mon BF.C, grow a pair: release it on Sunday...

smile.gif

Ken