The inevitable 'when's the 1.06 patch coming?' thread

Originally posted by gibsonm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GunzAbeam:

So when's it gonna be ready?

Gunz

Well it will be a lot quicker if I can get back to testing it instead of answering this question over and over.

Your choice.

P.S.: I’m guessing Steve or someone allowed to tell, will when it is. </font>

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you took it that way.

However it becomes a right PITA when this thread seems to pop up every day or so and seems for the most part (yes there are exceptions) to be populated with posts that alternate along these lines:

1. When will it be out

2. When its ready

3. When will it be out

4. When will it be out

5. When will it be out

6. Why wont anyone talk to us

Pause for a few days (or maybe a week if you are lucky) and then:

7. Goto line 1 again

as evidenced by:

The latest version of the same thing

It all sounds just far too much like kids in a car with the “are we there yet?” refrain.

Where the thread has covered other issues such as concerns about performance required I don’t believe I’ve spoken “down to anyone” (of course you have read the thread, not just the last post).

[ January 17, 2008, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: gibsonm ]

c3k,

Gibsonm is Australian, so watch out with the rib poking. Australians have no sense of humor. Oh wait, that's Germans. Damn, I'm always getting those hard beer drinking nationalities confused :D

"Hey Heimlich! Ve are pigs unt we are under a blanket, ja?"

"Ja".

"So, we are pigs in a blanket, ja?"

"Ja."

"Den dis is funny, ja?"

"Ja, dis is funny".

Now it's time to play, Name That Christmas special :D

Steve

The scene, 8 July, 1944 British troops in the Ardennes under intense fire...

British soldiers pull out paper, and start saying the following....

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.

German troops fall over dead from laughter...

Rune

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

The link works for me. To answer the question, we hope that the lag between when we give the files to Paradox and when the patch is up will be less than in the past. Unfortunately, this is not within our direct control because they have their own copy protection system and internal procedures they have to work through.

We really don't want to hold the Battlefront patch back for several days simply because the Paradox patch isn't ready. The point should be to not make either set of customers wait for any artificial reason, right? So we'll just have to see how things go :D

Steve

Cool! I'm looking forward to 1.06! As long as you get the patch to Flori on time this time that means we should see the paradox patch in a timely manner.

Easiest Questions sometimes looks like Babys asking. They are true and easy. But there isnt an Answer yet.

"So when does the Patch ABOUT to come? Next 3 Days, next Week, next Month, next year, never, you dont know?"

So if its too hard for you to built a Sentence with the Answer just choose one of the Multiple CHoice answers.

I swear I never post sarcastic or inflaming messages on boards, but after I read the "Bettter respect for a major in the RAAC", I almost fell out of my chair.

Damn, that made me mad. Just because you are a Major sir, absolutely gives you no special rights to get more respect than others.

Mate, I was in the USMC infantry in the mid 80's and occassionly I would have the displeasure of running across an arrogant, and usually inept, leader. Note Band of Brother Lt. Sobel...I met a few of those. Not saying you are one, but that repect phrase just brought it to mind. If you need to tell someone you need repect, you usually don't deserve it. A true leader gets repects by his actions.

by the way- anyone know when 1.06 is coming out?

[ January 19, 2008, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: USMC 0311 ]

Ok it seems the patch was not going to be released yesterday. This is actually not a big problem for me, the few days more or less it will take to throw the patch out to us doesn't make the hell of a difference. But after all I would like to know what we likely can expect from v1.06, apart from the new ELOS system (<- as if that wasn't already be enough ^^).

Therefore, do you Battlefront guys think you could maybe give us a little sneak peak in form of an early, unofficial 'changelog'?

That would make the time we still have to wait for it a lot more enjoyable and bearable. Thanks!

[ January 22, 2008, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: S2kde ]

Originally posted by rune:

The scene, 8 July, 1944 British troops in the Ardennes under intense fire...

British soldiers pull out paper, and start saying the following....

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.

German troops fall over dead from laughter...

Rune

Hey Rune, you realize that you have just broken a number of Geneva Convention regualations that would make Saddam Hussein look like a boy scout?

/Mazex

Testing is going very well, though we're still finding some Enhanced LOS artifacts (OK, bugs smile.gif ) that need to be cleaned up before release. It's the usual thing for us testing the game... new feature comes out that works 95% as expected 90% of the time right out of the gate. Couple of betas later it works 100% as we expect 98.5% of the time. Then it's a bunch more betas to find those remaining few times when things don't work as they should. Frankly, we're all stunned the system worked so well first shot. It's not like Enhanced LOS is just a minor tweak to the smoke capabilities of a Stryker :D

Steve