Annoying bugs and missing functions...

I think, although the BF Team reads thoroughly the comments and informations given on the forums, that an official thread for all the bugs and other issues should be created. It would certainly benefit everyone and the DEV Team would enjoy having a comprehensive list at their disposition.

Here are a list of all the bugs, quirks or missing functions I've encountered. Bear in mind that my intentions are not to sack down the game but are rather about bringing as much help to get rid of playability issues. Everyone is invited to add to this thread. Let's begin...

-Slowdown issues (the mouse cursor and the mouse response time is cut by 75%) when using the shift key and ctrl keywhile in real time. Still happens when the game is paused, although a bit less.

-RV Strykers and Humvees do not relay informations to other vehicles in the group. I.e.: although I am not sure if those other vehicles need to have a special communiation gear or target system to understand any info relayed to them; at one point my RV Stryker detected a T-54 well hidden behind a building and I could not use my Bradley (eq. with TOW) which was just beside that Stryker to fire at it because it did not have it spotted or what not. I think a command like "Relay info" in SPECIAL or ADMIN (for these types of vehicle only) would be beneficial.

-Some "path following" logics have to be addressed. Either a vehicle ordered to go to a certain point does not and rotates in place or he goes the long way around. Same for infantry teams, when it comes to breached protective walls (and the like) and going the safer way in (meaning not going through the front door if it's being peppered by the enemy while the back door is exit is not challenged) when assaulting a building.

-I am not sure if we do have the option, but if we don't, here it is: The missing feature prompting a message asking us if we want to use the main gun or not.

-Nostalgia: "Hull down" and "shoot-and-scoot"?

-Can't "move" Sedan and pick-up trucks out of the way. I think a Bradley or a Stryker should be able to do that much.

That's it for now. I will post more as I find more. Don't retrain yourself from posting. I like participative discussions!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Martin Krejcirik:

Wasn't the Bradley from another company or battalion ? That would explain why it didn't get the information relayed.

Possibly, yet in a previous mission, I had 4 Bradleys and they had reconnaissance support from 2 RV Humvees (they ought to be in the same company, yet I could be wrong) and no information was relayed at any point to the tanks. I did read the manual and they mentioned stuff about relaying battle info and what not, but I think that it still does not work (from the above example). Also, I thought the force of the U.S. Army was its battle-instant awareness and interoperability: here's wiki's definition(s):

In telecommunication, the term can be defined as:

1. The ability of systems, units, or forces to provide services to and accept services from other systems, units or forces and to use the services exchanged to enable them to operate effectively together.

2. The condition achieved among communications-electronics systems or items of communications-electronics equipment when information or services can be exchanged directly and satisfactorily between them and/or their users. The degree of interoperability should be defined when referring to specific cases.

So I would not see why not the info collected by any type of RV would not be relayed to all units within range??

This isn't a very annoying thing, but confusing to the player. I noticed it while playtesting a red vs red scenario.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z213/r31070021/CMSF/shoot_wrong_target.gif

In this screen shot t72's gun points at target #1. The bug is that the tracer seemed to fly to target #2! It shot at it at least twice with main gun. I didn't check whether the explosion was in target #1 or #2, but the shell seemed to fly towards #2.

And this target #2 is the target the tank was aiming first, before target #1.

Originally posted by SlowMotion:

This isn't a very annoying thing, but confusing to the player. I noticed it while playtesting a red vs red scenario.

This is quite weird. I wonder why this would happen?

I've also found another bug:

-[Although it needs to be confirmed at this point] MG Teams on some rooftops (mostly those with "higher" walls) do not/cannot deploy their heavy machine gun... If they have Javelin launchers, they also take a while before they fire their Javelin at targets (compared to those on troops on ground level).

A true WEGO... that's my request.

Since WEGO it's a milestone of a good tactical game, and no TAC-AI can make good results when your WEGO design is based on RealTime limits... your CPU is shared in real time with graphics and a lot of other things... so the AI algorithms are degraded a lot in real time.

Our current WEGO it's just a fake... they just turned their RealTime engine with some soft tricks in a vanilla WEGO that sucks!.

I want my blue bar, and my computer thinking progress bar... time limits of CPU usage doesn't matter in a PBEM WEGO. And i want to see good tactics again!... i've never saw any real time game with good AI... realtime sucks in AI.

It's also a shame that they didn't had any interest on develop TCP/IP with WEGO.

6hcn3gw.jpg

[Although it needs to be confirmed at this point] MG Teams on some rooftops (mostly those with "higher" walls) do not/cannot deploy their heavy machine gun... If they have Javelin launchers, they also take a while before they fire their Javelin at targets (compared to those on troops on ground level).

You can regard it as confirmed. Exactly what I have fumed at too already ... although I first thought, that bulding was too small for unpacking the MG. Also it needed 2 minutes before the team came to the idea to use a jevelin to "create" a wider field of view by blowing away a wall.

Originally posted by Premierleutnant:

You can regard it as confirmed. Exactly what I have fumed at too already ... although I first thought, that building was too small for unpacking the MG. Also it needed 2 minutes before the team came to the idea to use a jevelin to "create" a wider field of view by blowing away a wall.

Thanks for the confirmation. I think the reason behind the incapacity to deploy MG on those "higher walls" rooftops is related to a "unplanned" animation whereas the MG gunner --instead of going prone to fire (which is automatic from what I've seen once the deploy command is activated)-- fixes onto the most logical of the "walls" to fire from it's machine gun while still standing up (where he got no choice). This angle of doing things was not thought of beforehand.

As for the ATGM launcher, still from a rooftop with "higher walls", the behavior of the soldier holding the damn thing is moron at best: he never faces the right direction in order to strike at a designated target, and if you ask him to face the right direction, the whole team on the roof moves around like idiots and in many occasions that same guy keeps himself away from the "wall" (from where at least he could see something!) once they've stopped moving. I think it's because that soldier needs to put a knee to the ground that the whole thing is screwed on rooftops.

I guess, it must be the same thing for sniper teams on the same rooftops that we're talking about...

You're thoughts on this?

Hi All,

Firstly as per other posts i've put up.

In no way shape or for are my following comment's aimed for a negative imput for BF or anyone else.

I am very new to the whole BF series and am kicking myself i did not find them earlier as these type of games are the ones i have wished for.

BF have just got themselves a loyal customer from me smile.gif

never have i seen from any game developer take such an active part in forums and relaying the communities requests into the games......that said, i LOVE CM:SF however there are a few things that are really stopping me from enjoying this game..

1) Game performance, i have a AMD X@ 4400, 8800 and all the bells and whistles, but this game still runs shocking...mouse lag and also general "feel"

2) i think i have found a bug with the javelins..i have done some "testing" in a way and found that a javelin team/soldier will fire all the time, everytime if you target a static building, however when i select and enemy or a building with an enemy in it the do not fire.

3) LOS....

4) AI..this i could make quite extensive, but my main gripes are infantry never use improvised entrances (holes in the wall) they alway take the front door.

And armour..if i blow a wall down with an abrams round, no vehicles will us that gap...they take the long route where an opening is.

these are my biggest things for me.

I would really like for BF staff to at least acknowlage this particuler thread as (in a selfish way :D ) my issues listed here are known ones so i know that this game will have the enjoyment it was suppose to.

all this said i can't say how happy i am that a game like this has been released, BF you have gained my unwaivering support for all things you try :D .

This is not really a bug, but we need some sort of indication (like in CMx1) that reinforcements have arrived.

I don't know how many times I have played a battle only to discover that reinforcements were sitting in the rear doing nothing.

Any indication, pop up, message text, flashing light would be welcome. Personally, I would like a voice message: "Reinforcements have arrived, sir!".

Originally posted by SlowMotion:

Normally there is a text which says "Reinforcements have arrived: <reinforcement_name>" in the upper part of the screen. Or have you found a bug that it's not always shown?

really? I must be going blind, i never noticed that, will check again.

I realised that those of us who got issues with their ATI video card should completely uninstall (if you do not know exactly what is means, go on the forums of Rage3D, there are very well detailed and thorough uninstall guide for your drivers) and download the DISPLAY DRIVERS ONLY for Catalyst 7.7 (which improved a lot of slowdown problems I had previously). After it's done and before rebooting, install ATI Tray Icon only if you got a NON-VIVO card (one that does not support video-out and video-in; if yours only has video-out than download the latest version of ATI Tray Icon).

Reboot and after playing wisely with the gfx settings with Tray Icon, play the game!

Maybe this never came up in beta testing because it didn't occur to anyone to give a heavy weapon team (MMG) another heavy weapon (the Javelin), instead of letting a squad breeak out a couple riflemen for the task as an ATG team? I am even leary to give the HQ section the Javelin, because they should be doing other things than sniping AFVs.

..or do you mean MG or Javelin teams on rooftops?

Originally posted by BlAin:

-[Although it needs to be confirmed at this point] MG Teams on some rooftops (mostly those with "higher" walls) do not/cannot deploy their heavy machine gun... If they have Javelin launchers, they also take a while before they fire their Javelin at targets (compared to those on troops on ground level).

Originally posted by BlAin:

-RV Strykers and Humvees do not relay informations to other vehicles in the group.

It seems they don't even relay info to the troops riding in them. I had a Stryker facing a T72 and I ordered the inf. to disembark to attack it but they couldn't see the T72 (not sure though if the Stryker detected the T72 with some special equipment).

Has anyone had this happen? It was in the demo. My BMP 1 fired it's 73mm gun. The ammo count before the shot was

3 AT4

15 HE

16 HEAT.

After the shot it was

3 AT4

16 HE

15 HEAT

I also had both my AT4 dismount teams with target arc orders, they weren't taking fire, and had no enemy spotted. Neither had movement orders. They both got up, one one turn, and the other the next turn, and ran off the high ground, out from behind their masking terrain, and into open ground, where they were promptly turned into hamburger by MG fire.

Barricade,

You seem to have wound up a victim of the little-known "bloodless war" chip which was crash developed and installed after the Pentagon realized that the death toll in Iraq had risen too high for the public to stand. This chip not only meets that demand but keeps Halliburton, Bechtel, et al. employed.

NG cavscout,

Remarkable ammo situation, made more so by your failure to inform us what kind of ammo your BMP-1 fired in the first place!

Regards,

John Kettler