Dual core processors and CMSF.

Hi,

It’s a straight forward question….

Now that there has been a move to dual core processors the big question is how CMSF performs with these new processors? Does a 2.4GHz dual core processor perform as well as a 3.6GHz single core processor with CMSF?

By now hopefully beta testers have tried most types of processor.

Greatly looking forward to CMSF,

All the best,

Kip.

Hi,

Yes…. if a game is specifically designed for dual core I am told they fly along. But CMSF is not. However, since CMSF went into development there has been a near wholesale move to dual core by Intel.

How CMSF performs on the new processors matters.

Hope the news in good,

All the best,

Kip.

Also keep in mind, the same reason we don't see up to date screen shots very often is because they do not have all the final artwork in. So this means LODs and such are not finalized for performance. This would be a big hit in beta performance.

Man, I want to play this game! Figures it will be released and I'll go to the field for 3 weeks.

Originally posted by Sixxkiller:

Why wouldnt it run fine with dual cores? If it runs fine with single core (P4) its going to do just fine with P-D inside.

My guess is the ammount of RAM and Video Card you have is going to be much more of a concern than your CPU type.

In MS Windows, the scheduler (the part of the OS that decides which program is running on which CPU/core when) was pretty stupid and messed up some gameplay, probably in combination with some graphics driver bugs. That is for games that do not do multithreading and use only one CPU or core. Some hotfixes were released to deal with this problem.

Of course single-threaded programs run, in general, fine on multiprocessor/core machines, they just ignore the additional processors. Modulo scheduler bugs.