Suggestion

Sergei

Make it so that at first, you'd have only basic M16 grunts riding on basic Strykers. But when you complete campaign missions and also special secret objectives, then you are awarded by being given new equipment and weapons which earlier were locked. You know, like Abrams and Comanche. Then these new weapons could also be used in multiplayer games. If you do this, I will love you guys.

Nahhh. I say deliver the base game with only strykers, M16 grunts, Syrian AK and RPG dudes and make all other units downloadable for an extra fee.

The most expensive unit for downloading would be a B52, which is totally logical given its size!

Then the richest guy will win all multiplayer games. That puts in some extra realism as well!

I love you guys whether you do this or not!

Best regards,

Thomm

Originally posted by Jussi Köhler:

Make it so the game begins in the stone-age and by accumulating "points" by doing different "tasks" you learn new "technologies". That would be "cool".

You got it, man!

But I would probably outsource the whole history part to a Chinese farmer and buy an account that is nuke-ready back from him!

Playing as a Level-50 president must be sooo sweet!

Best regards,

Thomm

There's two distinct aspects to BFC products. First there's the GAME aspect, then there's the SIM aspect . And the two are often at odds with eachother. Something that would make CMSF a better 'game' would probably detract from its 'sim' role, and vice versa. Your suggestion would be listed on the 'game' side so the 'sim' zealots are guaranteed not to like it . Still, I believe in that T72 game the player has to work his way through lesser vehicles before he finally earns the right to pilot his own T72. I'd guess it isn't out of the question that a CMSF campaign might expand from game-to-game, starting with simple small unit actions to full-on heavy armor offensives. That would make a great CM 'game'. Tactical sim people are cringing at the tought.

Originally posted by Sergei:

Make it so that at first, you'd have only basic M16 grunts riding on basic Strykers. But when you complete campaign missions and also special secret objectives, then you are awarded by being given new equipment and weapons which earlier were locked. You know, like Abrams and Comanche. Then these new weapons could also be used in multiplayer games. If you do this, I will love you guys.

Sorry

I thought this was a JOKE :eek:

Or some form of sarcasm or flame bait?

He was joking wasn't he?

As a compromise they will let you play with their "new improved" campaign system where your units "maybe" can now gain some from of experience or something like that. Isn't that what they said?

-Tom W

Originally posted by Tarquelne:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by fytinghellfish:

[QB] One thing I always hated about Jagged Alliance 2 is the fact that you invade a country with pistols. PISTOLS! Lame.

You must have missed the cut scene where they show you losing most of your equipment before hijacking the helicopter.

Really. </font>

While they're at it, they need to take the commentator from Unreal Tournament and stick him in the game. Whenever a sniper hits somebody, he can shout "HEADSHOT!" and whenever a shell or burst takes out more than one person we can hear "DOUBLE KILL!"

And who knows, if we can manage to have one unit rack up fifty kills, we can even be "GODLIKE!"

Eh? Seriously? [/QB]

No. smile.gif

I wish I'd thought of that excuse when playing JA2, though. Super game, but I thought "lame lame" at the begining too.

OTOH, gradually getting better weapons was a lot of fun. So of course now I agree with Sergei. "Unlockable" vehicles and Secret Areas is the only way to design CM:SF. And it needs a "Tons of Guns" option, along with the ability to turn "Sci Fi" off.

Really.