The even more inevitable "1.06 patch is horrible and ruined my life" thread

c3k

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by MikeyD:

The v1.06 patch is ruining my life right now! I've got a v1.06-made scenario and associated mod waiting in the wings. I'm dying here waiting for the darned patch to officially arrive so I can post 'em. :(;)

I suppose the NDA will prevent you from offering details? I'm thinking why would a mod only work with 1.06 and I realize "New Feature"!

[ January 30, 2008, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Sequoia ]

posted January 31, 2008 04:40 AM

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by SgtMuhammed:

No patch for you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patch Nazi?

-

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Hmmm, a RED herring?

You mean there NEVER was a v1.06?

1.05 is final?

BF.C has been using the code name "v1.06" to refer to their dinosaur battle game, soon to be released?

This revelation has TOTALLY destroyed my faith in BF.C!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

This is horrible...

Later,

Ken

"I suppose the NDA will prevent you from offering details?"

My mods & scenarios are my own, circumstances just happened to put Beta v1.06 on my desktop. :D I've got to wait til v1.06 patch release before uploading my scenario because once burned twice shy. Before v1.05 came out I had placed a scenario on cmmods.com and was VERY embarrassed to find nobody playing v1.04 could run it! Ooops! The mod's just waiting for the patch because its associated with the scenario. smile.gif

Originally posted by FAI:

Waiting for this 1.05 patch is ruining may life!!!1!1 Everytime I sleep I dream of having "O" and "5" shaped monster chasing me around the block!!! My cereals looked like zeros and fives....!!

tongue.gif

I had that dream too, except that I was able to hide behind a low wall and the giant numerals couldn't see me. tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

I wonder if I'm permitted to ask the beta testers if any of them experienced a significant performance hit with the new ELOS? I'm anxiously awaiting the release of this patch.

As an aside, I'm wondering who will be first to find and report something that 1.06 broke? My money's on Adam1. Happy hunting sir. :D