MGS WONT RELOAD IT'S MAIN GUN AUTOMATICALLY UNTILL SHOOT OFF MACHINE GUN BULLETS

How many rounds are RL MGS issued?

I find this irritating, when you want a hole blow through a wall, and the MGS misses its shot. You then have to wait 1 minute, 55 seconds to try again.

However, when they do succeed, they seem to magically figure out how to reload, and spend 55 seconds wasting ammo at the new hole.

Originally posted by sgtgoody (esq):

Never understood why the MGS carries so few rounds. The entire ass end of that thing should be stuffed full of them.

Yeah, I wonder about that, too. 105 rounds aren't that big, are they? Or is a Stryker much smaller than I think? The last APC I was around was an M113...

It is good against tanks. I think it's the same tank gun that the M60 used, which works fine against Russian tanks. Just be careful to fire first.

Here's the howitzer round... I'm looking for the tank round.

LW2006-5040d.jpg

Aha. BTW he's Canadian ^

9908131a.jpg

[ August 26, 2007, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: thelmia ]

No, 105mm uses a big casing (the entire silver part of teh round in above pic) which bounces around the turret floor after ejection. They melt your boots, hehe. Pretty soon you have to take a break and chunk them out the loaders hatch.

*ah, M1A1Commander beat me by 2 minutes

* and the cmx2 manual says it's the same as the original 105mm gun on the M1 and M60 series, which i've fired (dates me).

We are aware of this problem but haven't fixed it on purpose. The MGS should continue to fire main gun rounds at an Area Target at its full Rate of Fire until the rounds start to get scarce. However, since one round usually does the trick it is a bad idea to have the MGS keep snapping off rounds until the player has a chance to Cease Fire or the ammo supply us run down to the point where the TacAI is reluctant to use a main gun round.

Note that this is a problem for both WeGo and RT but for different reasons. WeGo is locked out of cancelling the Area Fire for 60 seconds, while RT players would have to babysit that one vehicle to make sure it didn't go hog wild.

So yeah, Charles could probably fix this bug in a few minutes, but what I want to see happen is new logic written to better adapt the gunnery of something like the MGS to be "smarter" than it currently is. That's going to take a bit if time to work out.

Steve

Originally posted by OG_Gleep:

How many rounds are RL MGS issued?

I find this irritating, when you want a hole blow through a wall, and the MGS misses its shot. You then have to wait 1 minute, 55 seconds to try again.

However, when they do succeed, they seem to magically figure out how to reload, and spend 55 seconds wasting ammo at the new hole.

There was a discussion on this a month back or so and I think it was 18 rounds or something close to that anyhow. Theres also a picture floating around somewhere showing a case being ejected out the back of the gun after firing. I'll try and hunt it down.

Originally posted by sgtgoody (esq):

That is about the worse designed piece of combat gear I have ever seen. It would be much better to have a guy in the back and a zillion more rounds.

Gotta be a government operation. I guess it's because the gun is external, i.e outside the hull.

I'd still try to find a way to put some ammo racks in the back.