Red vd red scnearios

India v Pakistan is the best Red v Red scenario IMHO. A future mechanized conflict that brings the countries to the brink of nuclear war would be very interesting to wargame. If war broke out, it is predicted by analysts that most of the fighting would take place on the flat plains of the Punjab, the region bordering the two countries, rather than in Kashmir, which is too mountainous for major military operations. Lahore, the capital of Punjab on the Pakistani side, has a climate similar to that of the Middle-East and would almost certainly be the target of Indian attacks in such a conflict. Such a battle shouldn't be too difficult to represent in CM:SF.

All this just made me realize what fun Blue v. Blue will be after the Marine, Brit and German modules are out (they are doing Germans, weren't they?).

I'd also pay good money for modules that - if they contained nothing else - contained modern Chinese and Russian forces.

Originally posted by Becket:

All this just made me realize what fun Blue v. Blue will be after the Marine, Brit and German modules are out (they are doing Germans, weren't they?).

I have to disagree here. Red v Red could represent credible real-war opponents. Blue v Blue, even with Marine, Brit or German additions, could only ever represent some form of NATO training exercise - unless you are seriously suggesting that the US attack Britain or Germany! I know it's only a game but I'd still rather simulate a real conflict rather than an exercise.

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

I have to disagree here. Red v Red could represent credible real-war opponents. Blue v Blue, even with Marine, Brit or German additions, could only ever represent some form of NATO training exercise - unless you are seriously suggesting that the US attack Britain or Germany! I know it's only a game but I'd still rather simulate a real conflict rather than an exercise.

Only that, you know, there are other countries using Western equipment as well. Egypt and Saudi Arabia for instance both have Abrams, Jordania has Challengers, Turkey has Leopards...

What attracted me to alot of the cmx1 scens/operations were the carefully researched ones.

I myself am looking at what is called "Little Stalingrad" Komsomolskoye, in Chechnya.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Komsomolskoye

Whatever geographical information ive found is very scarce. Does anyone have specific researched material regarding this battle? Or just unique material on the chechen wars in general.

Maps and Osprey style 3d information seems very hard to come by here.

I reckon its the same thing with any african wars or Iran/iraq

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

I have to disagree here. Red v Red could represent credible real-war opponents. Blue v Blue, even with Marine, Brit or German additions, could only ever represent some form of NATO training exercise - unless you are seriously suggesting that the US attack Britain or Germany! I know it's only a game but I'd still rather simulate a real conflict rather than an exercise. </font>

Originally posted by Becket:

I'd also pay good money for modules that - if they contained nothing else - contained modern Chinese and Russian forces.

Yeah WW2 with modern weapons wohoo!