How will you play it?

Just wondering how you guys see yourself playing SF, what kinda missions/forces etc.

Myself, I think I'll mostly play as Syrians, simply because Ive always been a underdog kinda guy. And I guess mostly in city/rural maps.

My goal would be to try to inflict more pain than I recive, prob with lots of ambushes and IEDs.

Impossible to say at this point.

With CMAK, I was fairly sure going in that I'd play it much like I played CMBB: a few scenarios here and there, but greater than 70% of my time spent with quick battles & PBEM.

CMSF appears that it will have the same basic play mechanics as the old CM games (advanced, of course), but the overall package is so very different - there's a campaign this time around - that I just can't say.

Blue v. Blue and Red v. Red QBs certainly seem attractive at this point. As for multiplayer, it will be interesting to see whether the community develops around PBEM or direct connect games. I hope to do some of both.

My tastes have changed a bit in the intervening years, too, so that will factor in as well. I am much more interested in accomplishing scenario objectives than I was in 2002, and CMSF nicely is providing what appear to be very refined objectives.

If I can find the time I want to get into building scenarios.

Mostly interested in red vs red at the moment, I personally think there is a lot more scope for historically based scenarios with red equipment than blue.

[ June 27, 2007, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Speedy ]

Hi,

I expect to try a bit of everything to start with... but using CM in operations is my first love...hence campaigns.

There is very good news on this front as reports make clear one can edit the text files that are used to build the campaigns. So using the shipped editor to build the battles and then stringing them together in text files to build campaigns will keep me amused for months... until the Normandy release smile.gif .

I also expect to play a lot of blue on blue and red on red.

Am hoping some of the latest Russian kit will make it into a later module... would add a lot in my very prejudiced view ;) .

Greatly looking forward to CMSF,

All the best,

Kip.

The Stryker Brigade is close enough to my wartime training to keep me playing with the US forces, but then again the Syrians are a classic underdog and will definitively become my favourites as well. It´s same as with the previous CM-titles, each side was more than interesting enough to play with.

Originally posted by Moon:

When I read the title I thought this was a poll about playing real-time vs. WeGo... which might be a much more interesting question in the end by the way. But I don't want to hijack smile.gif

Martin

If real time feels comfortable enough, I might start using it. However, for bigger battles it seems like it could get really sloppy really fast. Moon, for real time battles, is there a way to slow down the action? If so, is that applied to multiplayer as well? How is everything managed?

Originally posted by Moon:

When I read the title I thought this was a poll about playing real-time vs. WeGo... which might be a much more interesting question in the end by the way. But I don't want to hijack smile.gif

Martin

Well, you just did !

Shame on you Moon tongue.gif .

//Salkin

How will I play CM:SF? Badly. No, really, I'm terrible at CM. Enthusiastic, but terrible.

I'll stay far away from any sort of multiplayer game (I'd loose, every time, and having others waste their time playing against me would just be mean).

I'll probably fiddle quite a bit with existing missions and do a few of my own, mainly to ensure overwhelming superiority to whatever side I'm playing. I suppose I'll use realtime when just messing around and WeGo when I actually try to win, though of course I'll have to try it first.

You see, I wasn't joking when I named myself "The eternal SSN"...

I was thinking of a wego-RT thread too.

I will probably play mainly in wego. Of course I plan also to try RT since with ToW I'm getting accustomed to this way of playing.

RT (at least in ToW) has the big disadvantage that you cannot watch past actions, so you usually lose several interesting events occurring on the battlefield.

I like Wego, instead, because I can see what's happening from the perspective of each unit.