Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg v1.08 Patch with all new Global Campaign and Map out!!

Greetings everyone! Today I am happy to announce a new patch for our award winning strategy WWII game, Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg. The main feature of this patch is the addition of an all new Global World War 2 Campaign and Map.

japan_units.jpg

The v1.08 Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg Patch is "all-inclusive" and contains all of the fixes, changes and improvements from earlier patches and updates. This patch can be applied to any previous Battlefront.com English Language version of the game. Patches for other versions will be released separately. This patch is NOT for the Weapons and Warfare Expansion.

WORLD WAR! For the first time, Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg now contains an epic sized, World War 2 campaign featuring not just the European Theatre but the whole of Asia Pacific, complete North and South American continents, all of Africa and a greatly expanded Eastern Europe and Indian sub-continent!

world%20map_smaller.jpg

As part of this v1.08 update to the game, we are including this awesome 1939-46 WW2 Global Conflict Campaign, designed by David Stoeckl (and modified by Hubert Cater) completely for free. Play Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg like never before, on a truly global scale.

This new Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg campaign covers World War 2 from a complete global perspective. Choose to play for world domination as the Axis or select the Allies in a desperate effort to contain Axis expansion and aggression. The 1939-46 WW2 Global Conflict gives you complete control of over 40 different countries including Japan, Italy and Germany on the Axis side and the UK, US and USSR for the Allies.

This new mega-campaign features over 30 different weather zones including the Indian Subcontinent and the Java Sea as well as detailed Orders of Battle for all countries including China, Thailand, and the East and West Commonwealth including Australia and New Zealand.

The campaign offers ultimate flexibility including the opportunity for Japan to sneak attack the US Navy at Pearl Harbor or even to rewrite the Imperial Japanese Navy debacle at Midway. Invade China, Australia, even the Western United States!

While originally envisioned for multiplayer battles, this new Global Conflict campaign can be played in either solo or multiplayer modes.

Featured special events for this new campaign include:

* Saboteurs from German submarines interrupting US Oil supply in the Gulf of Mexico

* Fights between Kuo Min Tang and Communists that weaken China during the Japanese campaign in Manchuria

* MI6 Special Forces operations that disrupt Japanese supply in the Pacific

* Revolts in French Indo-China that can disrupt Japanese operations

Will the Axis succeed in their global efforts to secure a new world order or will the Allies ultimately prevail? The fate of the planet is up to you as you fight in this epic and global World War!

This new campaign is only for Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg and does not require the newly released Weapons and Warfare Expansion to play!

Download the new v1.08 Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg Patch Here

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for make it a fact, i know it will have been much work, looks awesome good outstanding, this moves the game to the best wargame and strategy level of games, my most that like me is that it is global, i prefer global against only pacific theater, i think that Strategic Command and Weapons and Warfare, both, may be the wargames of the year, them deserves it, at least for my oppinion, only me wish that this mega campaign may be imported to Weapons and Warfare,

thanks, it is as a chrismas present early,

with best regards,

alaric.

Finally! Don't let what I'm about to say imply that this new development is not appreciated.

"While originally envisioned for multiplayer battles, this new Global Conflict campaign can be played in either solo or multiplayer modes."

What do you mean exactly by "multiplayer"? Can say Kuni (Russia), Rambo (US) and Liam (Britain) fight against Jollyguy (Germany) and Terif (Japan), or are you just jerking us all around again? If SC in humans only mode is still just two players, please use the term "dual player" in press releases like this (longstanding pet peeve of mine most certainly not limited to Battlefront's products). "Multi = more than 2", okay? :mad:

Eh, just enjoy it for it is. One step at a time...

The global war map looks like it took a lot of time, personal time I'm sure, to create. I'm sure our very capable modders and scripters can do wonders on enhancing it from this point as well.

And just to have this as a entirely new map to play HvsH...awesome!

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Glad you like it guys as the work David did for this campaign was just too good to not include in some official capacity for Blitzkrieg smile.gif .

And who knows... if you guys like it enough we just might have to create a WaW port for this one ;) .

WaW port, sounds pretty awesome. Thanks! smile.gif

[ November 02, 2007, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: AstroCat ]

SuomiKp, no v1.08 was already included in the original bundle when downloads first became available whereas the v1.08 patch announcement was simply delayed so as to not interfere with our Weapons and Warfare announcements.

No need to download the new patch if you have already downloaded the bundle.

Quick question about the global scenario: Germany and Japan are at war vs. Britian and USSR-US is about to be attacked soon, but isn't at war yet. I moved some Japanese units next to Hong Kong, expecting it, as a British Protectorate, to have a garrison which I could then attack (with the help of various IJN ships of course). The city and the port could not be attacked. Is Hong Kong under the "control" of the US instead? The city says "Allied", which is of no help at all.

I now officially don't understand this scenario. On Borneo on the northern half is something called the "Burnei Oil Fields." Despite declaring war against the Dutch, this area refuses to go over to the Allies so that I may attack it. Will the scenario designer please chime in? Me, I'm off to carefully examine the scenario in the editor.

You need to add a script similar to the one for the West Commonwealth for them to DOW the Axis.

Also, while you're making corrections, you might want to change the name of the country in Northern South America from Colombia to Venezuela in order to match the Venezuelan flag and the capital of Caracas.

Also, if you prefer playing with military counters instead of the 3d version, you need to move the military_flag_sprites bmp from the interface file to the bitmaps file. Otherwise you don't get the correct flags on HQ units. (What are the Estonians doing commanding the French forces?)