Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg v1.08 Patch with all new Global Campaign and Map out!!

Originally posted by John DiFool the 2nd:

And another request: I rediscovered to my chagrin that I can't load transports during snow. Wouldn't it make more sense to allow transports to be loaded in snow, but just not to be unloaded onto a snowy area? The transport doesn't know where it is going (in this case to Borneo and Sumatra, a tropical area).

John,

This is a function of the game engine and has been changed for Weapons and Warfare... good news is that as mentioned previously it looks like this global campaign has received some pretty good feedback so there is a good chance it will be upgraded in one way or another to the Weapons and Warfare engine (officially) at some point down the road.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by John DiFool the 2nd:

I now officially don't understand this scenario. On Borneo on the northern half is something called the "Burnei Oil Fields." Despite declaring war against the Dutch, this area refuses to go over to the Allies so that I may attack it. Will the scenario designer please chime in? Me, I'm off to carefully examine the scenario in the editor.

John,

David the original campaign designer is German so he may not see all these posts but I will try and answer as best as I can.

I think you discoverd this already but the Northern half of Borneo is a part of the East-Commonwealth much like Hong Kong is and can be DoW'd at any time for control of those territories.

If you have WaW installed and running then you should also have Blitzkrieg installed as WaW will not work without it.

The v1.08 patch which includes the Global campaign is for Blitzkrieg only so you just have to download and install the patch and then launch Blitzkrieg to play the campaign.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

This scenario has a major flaw. As the Japanese, I took Borneo (both parts-thanks Hubert) and Sumatra to gain control of the wells and mines down there. Unfortunately only the pre-existing convoy line from Jakarta (which was used pre-Japanese entry to ship resources to Tokyo) works, and Japan gets none of the other resources from the other islands since they have no convoy lanes. I'll tinker in the editor and see if I can't add some, and perhaps upload it to CMMods.

There's also some other niggling mistakes (such as misnamed ships-an American BB is named after an USN destroyer (plus some typos). Speaking of the USN it so far is a no show in the Japanese theatre after being in the war for about 7 months.

It is also my layman's opinion that Russia is severely under-powered, and doesn't have nearly the number of mines that it should. In late '42 the Big 3 Russian cities are all toast (on Expert +1 AI experience), as is Murmansk, and the Caucasus will be conquered by next spring, and there's hardly any Russian units left that I can see. Yeah Japan attacked in the East and killed 4 units and took Vladivostok but if I tweak this Russia is getting more mines in the Urals.

[ November 06, 2007, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: John DiFool the 2nd ]

Glad to see you are considering a WAW expansion for the globabl campaign Hubert. I know I as many of those playing this and your other games will greet this new expansion with both our wallets and our love of your games.

Thanks again for the great work and awesome support.

• 2 weeks later...

scottsmm,

Some campaigns are mods themselves and use custom bitmaps, localization text etc.

Each campaign found in the 'Campaigns' directory has a campaign name as well as a campaign subfolder.

For example:

Campaigns\1939-46 WW2 Global Conflict.cgn

Campaigns\_1939-46 WW2 Global Conflict

All you need to do is copy over the following files and directories from the original campaign subfolder to the edited and saved campaign subfolder:

campaign.ini

localization.txt

Bitmaps

Interface

Then reload the campaign and it will work as expected.

Hubert

Originally posted by Gorgin:

The file miltary_flag_sprites is in the wrong sub-folder in the game folder. Move (or copy) it from Interface to Bitmaps, and the Estonians will no longer be directing the defence of France.

where can i find military_flag_sprites because all the orginally folders have nothing in them. Now I'm really confused.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to play this global scenario.

I have a downloaded french version (1.06) from Anuman web site. But unfortunatly that seems not compatible with 1.08 patch :-(

Could you help me ?

Do you known when a french release for 1.08 patch will be available ?

Do the Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg and Weapons and Warfare include this global scenario ?

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

The one nitwith this game is that it starts in 1939, when Germany had already lost the war. How about a version that starts in say 1930 and lets the time and method be selected - or alternatively, assume the various national militization programs and don't start until 1950.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the global campaign. Why is it that in some areas, units seem to get stuck and then cannot get back to the rest of the map? Like in southern Egypt, the most western Chinese city? I don't have the game open, so I can't give the exact locations, but it seems like in lots of places my units cannot get where I want them to go. Has anyone seen this problem?

• 3 weeks later...

Still some hexes ("squares") of death, ie northern China city / Russia (just noth west)next to no name neutral mountain area, move in and your Japanese unit stuck! Park a HQ next to it - nothing! No operate / disband.

Other almost as bad spots is the British held South East Africa city, move out and you can't move in unless operate. In northern England I clean out the brits, surrender Brits including Cairo, park a Germ unit next to scapa flow and still the port is allied!

Buddy found "the fatal flaw" against AI - first turn move Canada Tank unit overseas to USA oil fields in Houston - cut Japanese oil - but wait Britain points builds up over next year (60 some extra per turn) for mega country!

2 player game - tough to defend France (given), England (no home guard), Russia (just not enough units!). Japanese player has no pressure to attack US or Russia, just use points to "buy diplomatic pressure" to get Spain to Axis side almost every time! Once Spain gets in the med will fall fast which (below) leads to other issues.

Para units too strong on attack & defense - they take forever to kill as the allied player.

US just starts too weak without any tank units. Soviets need more weak (manpower) units to start.

British units around those oil fields seem too strong against Japanese units. IMHO!

Once Med falls the Axis goes after South Africa, then the east commonwealth falls which means east Canada is Axis controlled!!!! Gag - now US has to "invade" east Canada!

So epic in scope, just needs some tweaking! A work in progress I say!

Marc