**Weapons and Warfare** Expansion Pack announced!!!

Hello

Do you people read? It say's in the release that the map will be bigger and Hubert just showed us a little screenshot to wet our appetite! I think the new weather affects look great, i like the idea of storms on the map or sandstorms in the desert. This will effect visibilty and movement and add a whole new dynamic to how the game is played! Hubert any chance of getting mines in the game? Maybe down the road! ;)

Mustang

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mustang96:

Hello

Do you people read? It say's in the release that the map will be bigger and Hubert just showed us a little screenshot to wet our appetite! I think the new weather affects look great, i like the idea of storms on the map or sandstorms in the desert. This will effect visibilty and movement and add a whole new dynamic to how the game is played! Hubert any chance of getting mines in the game? Maybe down the road! ;)

Mustang

We have read this also and that’s why we are worry. It is illogical to add on the map first more cities and ports, roads and railroads and then change map size. size :confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by vveedd:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mustang96:

Hello

Mustang

We have read this also and that’s why we are worry. It is illogical to add on the map first more cities and ports, roads and railroads and then change map size. size :confused: :confused: :confused: </font>

Unfortunately, I can only second Terif here. By the looks of it, extra supply in France for the invading allies will create problems. And as Blashy has said, indeed that new city seem very easy to capture - fortifications in front of Paris will not help forever - think that once landed, allies will enjoy a lot of supply, hence readiness, morale etc and with the help of air support will pulverize any fortifications in 2 turns.

think that the addition of roads and railroads will complicate things for the germans - allies can pursue a SB strategy with far more success here, effectively interdicting the flow of german reinforcements and supply. Combined with an increased supply for the invading allies, defending France as Axis seems quite an utopia smile.gif

Originally posted by vveedd:

We have read this also and that’s why we are worry. It is illogical to add on the map first more cities and ports, roads and railroads and then change map size. size :confused: :confused: :confused:

Not to worry vveedd, the map size was changed first ;)

It seems to me those ports and cities are logical and reflect the choices the Allies had. So, we need another counterbalance here - I'd rather tweak something else to balance. Something like bunkers - fortifications with an intrinsic and fixed manpower? Thats pretty much what existed in the West Wall. The Germans can't affort the Corps to dig in along the whole coast but if it was possible with something like this then the Allies struggle to get a good foothold and can't exploit inland too fast which seems both fair and realistic. Also, do these cities give Germans extra MPP? The ports also might facilitate Sealion.

Any extra city will give Germany more MPPs.

Yes, Sealion is now more a reality with the added ports for UK. Which means players will have a hard time unloading everything in Egypt (navy included) with only a skeleton crew in UK, making a Sealion very attractive for Axis.

So at the start of the game Allies might be a bit more on the defensive side.

Sorry Rambo but I simply cannot vote for you without a bribe. Just wanted you to know.

I must be fair since all those running are cut from the same mold. The one who sends me the most goodies gets my vote.

Bribes can be sent to ..............

BTW, I do accept your veto though.

Jim

Just a quick update on one of the new campaigns that will be available, Operation Uranus otherwise known as the Battle for Stalingrad.

This has been designed by Mattia Fiorentini and is a very highly detailed and historically accurate campaign including many of the new features to be found in SC2 Weapons and Warfare, including Tactical Bombers, Artillery, a modded Cavalry unit, Rail, Villages, and of course Rain and Snow which will have an effect on spotting and Air unit operations.

The campaign covers the critical period from November 19, 1942 to March 31, 1943 and plays quite well with objectives set for both sides, i.e. for the USSR to clear the Germans from Stalingrad and the surrounding area and for Germany to capture Stalingrad and drive on to the Caucases.

Here is reduced image of the full map:

Uranus-Battle_for_Stalingrad.jpg

This is a link to the full sized image ~20MB:

Uranus-Battle_for_Stalingrad.zip

An in game screenshot of the Germans/Romanians holding the line on turn 2:

Uranus-Battle_for_Stalingrad_Germans_Holding.jpg

Whoa!

It looks incredible!

Hubert - on that first picture of the Stalingrad scenario - were the Army Group names and boundaries added to the screen shot - or is there a screen in the game that actually shows all that?

Can't wait to spend my money on this one!!

AZGungHo, glad you like it smile.gif

The blue and red text was added in by Mattia after putting together the screenshot... but this could also easily be done now with the Editor but of course the text will naturally not follow unit movements as the game progresses.

Hyazinth von Strachwitz, I can't say with 100% certainty but we are working on making it happen.

Yes!,...Very-Splendid !.

We are definetely headed in the right direction here!,...now what about some Weather Sound-Effects for 'Rain', 'Winter-Blizzard-Storms', 'Sand Storms',...'Tumultuous-English-Channel-Weather-Storm-Sound-Effects' that could hint at/signal a possible upset of an invasion effort attempt?.

Love the weather. If you read accounts of WWII then, like most periods, the outcome was hugely influenced by the conditions. Waiting for a break in the clouds or getting mud during an armoured offensive is just so crucial and it takes a really excellent commander to plan for all eventualities in this respect.

I'm less enthusiastic about the development of Stalingrad. On the whole the small games are much less interesting and well tuned than the strategic game. They inevitably lack the options and long term strategic potential. Would rather the effort was kept focussed on the main game. If I want to play a more operational game then the Battles in Normandy engine is far more appropriate to the scale. Let the modders develop the other stuff. How many of us regularly play anything other than 1939 strategic games and strategic mods such as the Third Reich variant? I make an honourable exception for Kunniworth's Waterloo which somehow works brilliantly.

Colin I, modders are the ones making virtually all those mini campaigns.

Hubert is working code and I could easily say 90% of the testing is towards Fall Weiss.

I think the modders will do good to start a thread in the mod forums once the game is out for comments on their mods.

So you see, no need to worry smile.gif .

Hubert, I am curious about the expansion pack concerning the railroads: In addition to impacting Operational Movement, will it also affect supply? ie. You cut the rail links to a city, it reduces or eventually eliminates the supply rating of that city? Will units be able to trace supply from a railhead? Is there a repair mechanism for the rail lines when they change hands(for example it take two weeks for a captured rail line to become operational after capture)?

Thanks!

[ June 23, 2007, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: hills ]