**Weapons and Warfare** Expansion Pack announced!!!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

targul, I think you will like the changes and additions to SC2 Weapons and Warfare.

For one the AI is much better as I have corrected many generic AI defaults as well as improved upon some of the existing framework. Additionaly the new script additions/flexibility has allowed for much more depth to the AI planning and game play.

Essentially this version should play noticably much better straight out of the box than any previous version of Strategic Command as it is probably the only release that I have spent more time developing/tweaking the AI than I have working on the new features.

Additionally the AI game has received a whole new set of AI ONLY scripts that not only improve game play, i.e. historical events occuring depending on the current game situation, but they also add much more atmosphere to the game... long story short I think there will be quite a few surprises here that AI players will really enjoy smile.gif

Awesome I look forward to the release.

Thanks

Guest Mike

Axis coastal convoys from Norway were non-existant after the invasion - most of the Norwegian mercantile fleet went to the allies anyway - see Notraship - the Norwegian mercantile marine fleet in WW2 plus British mining of Narvik.

there were no steel mines in Norway either - the ones up by Narvik are a fantasy presumably to give the port some strategic importance.

Before the war Narvik was used to ship Swedish iron during the winter months when the Swedish Baltic port of Lulea was ice-bound.

Shipments from Narvik had already decreased to half prewar levels (see German steel & coal stats dropping from about half hte total in 1938 to 44% in 1939, 13% in 1940 and 9% in 1941, before recovering to 24% in 1944.

[ July 01, 2007, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Stalin's Organist ]

• 2 weeks later...

This question on everyones mind. I expected to see some proposed date and cost but I guess I thought the announcement meant game was almost ready but I was obviously incorrect.

I says summer so that is through August so still another month ifn no problems raise there there ugly bit heads.

Can tell you that the A.I. rocks at naval battle ;)

I just got wasted by the German navy as they lured me into a combined Luftwaffe and surface fleet trap.

I thought I could take out a sub, but boy was I wrong.

All of a sudden their whole navy was steaming up on me.

Just an update that we are more or less pretty close smile.gif

The major coding has been completed with just a few small outstanding additions being worked on this week but for the most part everything is in place and we are now in a primarily testing/tweaking phase for the current build. If all goes well this should be available some time in August (probably late August) but by next week there will be updated screenshots as well as a new feature overview with hopefully some AARs to boot smile.gif

Thank's for the Update on the 'WAW' Expansion-Pack ...Hubert!,... it's a real relief to be informed that it should make it's Debut in August!.

NEXT!,... "SC2_WW2 Pacific Theatre", Then "SC2_Arab-Israeli-Wars", and then at least a 'Dozen other releases' after that!.

This expansion is looking really good!

I've never played the original, and just recently got around to trying the SC2 demo--which I enjoyed. The question I have is whether SC2 Weapons and Warfare will require SC2 Blitzkrieg, or will it be a standalone package? Expansions typically require the original to play, though there are exceptions, hence my query (I read no mention of this on the WaW page).

[ July 20, 2007, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: flintlock ]

Originally posted by n0kn0k:

Standalone as far as I know.

But I can recommend getting the original also,

as both versions have different campaign scenario's with different gameplay.

Actually this is not exactly true... n0kn0k may be referring to the current test parameters but that is still of course all unofficial ;)

Unfortunately I can't be more specific on exactly how the final expansion will be set up and priced as we are still working out the details... all I can say is to stay tuned and we'll hopefully know more soon.