What size units do you use, Realistic, x1,x2,x3,x4?

I rely on the bases to show where my units are so I use nothing other than realistic size but with bases on. I also am one to eliminate the trees while plotting orders that are based on the lay of the land.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R_Leet:

But everyone knows you're a gamey bastid, Mensch.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[Edited cuz R_Leet was frilly in the brain while he wrote it and was taken over by some strange Cess Flu Bug thing]

[ 07-05-2001: Message edited by: mensch ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R_Leet:

But everyone knows you're a gamey bastid, Mensch.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You, R_Leet, are wrong! Very wrong!

I have played Mensch numerous times and he is definitely not a gamey bastid.

A bastid, yes! A gamey bastid, no! :D

Mace

Usually size +1, on a bigger battles +2.

Although, if it's a big fight and just beginning I sometimes use +4 to make sure I don't miss anything.

If it's above 200 points "realistic" is too small for me.

And I keep the bases on as well and usually hide trees and roofs. And dont use transparent buildings. (Unless I admire heavy arty.) smile.gif

I only play at the realistic setting. But when I am giving orders or setup sometimes I will go up to 4x and without trees to make sure I don't miss someone. I also will use the show paths command to make sure all those I wished moved, are selected.

If you think it's tough playing with the realistic setting, you should try playing a micro-armor game (1/285 scale) on a 8 ft by 6 ft table (never could see the enemy infantry in those games).

Eric

I almost always use realistic size. I do go higher though to check for the little last known position symbols at the end of the turn. I have bases turned on, so I have no problem seeing where my units are.

I circle all over the spectrum, depending on the situation.

* For a good overview of the battlefield I generally need to get to +3 or +4 (for a 2500+ pts battle).

* To move vehicles in tight formations the realistic view is best.

* Generally I use +1 or +2.

I also never have trees on during play, and I do use the bases. I've found that the bases can be obscured for infantry in craters or foxholes though, so I never rely on seeing the bases.

Cheers

Olle

Whoops, wrong thread.

---

I like First Person view, er, realistic.

I usually watch the 'movie' 4-5 times from different units perspectives, often 'locked' to moving vehicles. I frequently move the camera to the ground zero of my arty barrages with camera shake, I like to 'feel' the pain my shells are inflicting.

If there is a lot of action in a small area I'll pull back to '3' to watch that.

Then I usually watch the whole thing at 8 or 9 with 'bases' turned on to spot any new or intermitantly visible targets.

I use zoom ('[' and ']') and 'Dip' (shift A shift Z) alot

During order 'phase' I use whatever.

I also cruize around at 1 or 2 all over the terrain to spot LOS and blindspots.

[ 07-07-2001: Message edited by: not another gamer ]

Realistic becuase why...I want to! :D

Some people use diffrent x because of the screen settings they use as well. I find when using anything bigger then 1024x768 I have to change it to at lest 2x.

[ 07-09-2001: Message edited by: Panzerman ]