VOTE for CMBB! Gamespy's Game of the Year Award

Of course CM:BB is the strategy game of the year!

But what puzzles me is that I indeed had to nominate it for Game of the Year, since none of the competitors came close to it/impressed me (I have heard good things about No One Lives Forever, though).

Kind of a bad sign for the innovative state of the industry if you can label the second installment of a hardcore wargame "Game of the Year" without second thought.

Regards,

Thomm

Originally posted by Spook:

I'll give CMBB the strategy game vote. But being objective, I gotta go with GTA3 in the "overall" category. redface.gif

I must confess that I voted for Neverwinter Nights in the RPG category, for some strange reason CMBB wasn't listed. My 18/1/1 Commissar/Waffengrenadier/Hamster was not impressed.

Originally posted by Soddball:

I have just been reading the forums (ouch) and apparently "BF1942 r0ckz d00d it iz z0 real!!! W00T!!"

Yeah, I read through a few posts too. Last Place in voting here we come!!! Pathetic. I tried to find even one mention of CMBB, but I couldn't.

Here's a typically cogent argument found in the "Best Strategy Game Discussion"

"Warcraft III. I believe you mention this to anyone on the street, they'll just rave over how great the game is. It has a really good hero system, I haven't really seen it in Strategy games that often so I think it's really innovative. Age of Mythology has really good graphics, but I find the campaigns quite boring. The ability to change your tech tree is also very new and creative, but the simplicity of Warcraft III draws me back to it again and again.

HaVoC wReAkInG tImE yA?."

Originally posted by Terrapin:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

I have just been reading the forums (ouch) and apparently "BF1942 r0ckz d00d it iz z0 real!!! W00T!!"

Yeah, I read through a few posts too. Last Place in voting here we come!!! Pathetic. I tried to find even one mention of CMBB, but I couldn't.

Here's a typically cogent argument found in the "Best Strategy Game Discussion"

"Warcraft III. I believe you mention this to anyone on the street, they'll just rave over how great the game is. It has a really good hero system, I haven't really seen it in Strategy games that often so I think it's really innovative. Age of Mythology has really good graphics, but I find the campaigns quite boring. The ability to change your tech tree is also very new and creative, but the simplicity of Warcraft III draws me back to it again and again.

HaVoC wReAkInG tImE yA?."

</font>

It looks like you can put in more than one vote-I went back to the site and voted again ;) I am in no way telling you all to vote more than once-that would skew the results. But if you didn't remeber if you voted or not it would not hurt to make sure your vote got counted :rolleyes: Later gators ;)