Announcing my retirement from modding

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've always been top-notch sir.

Is there any way that some of us can continue with some of your work. You must have some .PSD files hanging around showing how you actually accomplish these masterpieces. I'd like to continue your style of the dirty, early german AFV's, but I need a base to how you get your vehicles looking so good.

Tips? Files that you can send us so we can rip off your style?

Can we still get advice from you?? If not I understand. I'm new at modding, and just the few I have done, well I can understand some one getting to the point that they want to retire from modding,especially after 3 years of it. Thanks for the help and advice you have given, and good luck.

Thank you all for the kind words. To respond to the many comments/questions:

Marco,

I'm sure you'll manage quite well, and send me a setup whenever you feel like it.

Franko,

I'll try to put your rant in the best possible light. smile.gif As I stated, this is not a reaction to anyone or anyone's posts. This has been something that I've been thinking about for a long time and now happens to be a pretty good time.

Pud,

Enlightenment is one aspect, yes.

Rex_Bellator,

Well I shudder to think that you still have some of my horrible early mods. I think I did learn a thing or two in the interim though. :D

Pascal DI FOLCO,

I'm afraid that trying to balance scenarios would drive me nuts. My hat is off to all the scenarios designers out there.

Marcus and Thin Red Line,

I made all my mods primarily because I wanted them. If other folks liked them, so much the better. In fact, I really got started down this long path because Marco made a truly outstanding Sherman Firefly mod and I wanted a camouflaged version of it. So the stuff of legends was born. :rolleyes:

However, right now I have to reprioritize my life and modding has moved down several rungs. The best way to handle the situation is to go "cold turkey" (as I tend to be somewhat compulsive about what I do, in case you hadn't noticed). ;)

It's possible that eventually the "bug" will hit me again and I'll take it up, but with the quality of KwazyDog's stock graphics and the cadre of established modders and young-turks, I doubt that my lack of production will be even noticed. And I don't say that out of false modesty, I just feel there will be plenty of mods to keep everyone happy.

Hoopenfaust 101,

Part of my planning for this event was the creation of the CMMOS Cabal and "Pig Pen." Send me an e-mail at "gordonemolek@poboxes.com" and I'll add you to the Pig Pen mailing list, and along with your secret decoder ring you'll receive a free copy of the tutorial for creating the muddy dirty tanks and you'll also be able to exchange ideas with and pick up pointers from other modders. Anyone else who's interested, please drop me a line.

Tracer,

Of course. As I said, I intend to continue supporting the mod community in general and the CMMOS cabal in particular. After all, if it wasn't for the gracious advice that Marco, Makjager, KwazyDog, Fernando and others have given me over the years I would have remained a "hack."

Matt,

Ya gotta catch me first. Bwa ha ha!

Gordon

[ November 20, 2002, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Gordon ]

Jeez...bloody typical...just as u were about to get the hang of this Modding lark tongue.gif ye slip off into the sunset with eyes only for sandy white beaches and coffee coloured peaches :D

Gordon..you have given an immense amount of effort in supporting Mod Making and i hope that you have fun now and enjoy life without the strains of working under Mod-Slut-itis and a dodgy wrist ;)

As for the why now...blame me...i Challenged him to a PBEM and it has all gone downhill since then ;) ( actually Gordon has been thinking about this for months )

Best regards to an outstanding fellow :D

MÃ¥kjager

ps Gordon.....u know me and my devious mind......soi leave u with those immortal words of Baldrick....."Master..i have a CUNNING plan" ;) Moooooooo ;)

[ November 20, 2002, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: MÃ¥kjager ]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, hell man. Thanks for everything you've done. My CMBO .BMP folder is filled with the mods of yours and Marco's. Hey, you never know, you're likely to pick it up once in a while. Anyway, thanks for all the gorgeous mods.