Announcing my retirement from modding

I just wanted to let the forum know that I am retiring from modding. And just so that we squelch any speculation right from the start, this has nothing to do any recent postings or posters. I have been considering this for quite some time now, and having gotten CMMOS v4.00 and an initial batch of mods for CMBB "out the door" made this seem like as good a time as any. There are a couple of my mods still in the pipeline, so I won't disappear immediately.

Also, I'll continue supporting CMMOS and the CMMOS mod community to the best of my ability, but almost 3 years of modding is enough for me. It's no longer as much "fun" as it used to be and there's no shortage of great up-and-coming modders who far surpass me in talent.

Best wishes,

Gordon

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Gordon:

I just wanted to let the forum know that I am retiring from modding. And just so that we squelch any speculation right from the start, this has nothing to do any recent postings or posters. I have been considering this for quite some time now, and having gotten CMMOS v4.00 and an initial batch of mods for CMBB "out the door" made this seem like as good a time as any. There are a couple of my mods still in the pipeline, so I won't disappear immediately.

Also, I'll continue supporting CMMOS and the CMMOS mod community to the best of my ability, but almost 3 years of modding is enough for me. It's no longer as much "fun" as it used to be and there's no shortage of great up-and-coming modders who far surpass me in talent.

Best wishes,

Gordon

If you are leaving because of what some Dildo said in another post, I'll track you down and kick your ass. Your mods are some of THE BEST around, and I'm selfishly gonna stalk you, rip your head off, and crap down your neck. Then, I'm gonna strap you to adobe photoshop of whatever and bitch-slap you.

You BETTER NOT GO Gordon. I LOVE your stuff. Don't go because of what one complete toolish dork said. Instead, FEAR ME, 'cause I swear to Barbarossa I'll will travel to friggn' Belgium or whatever postage-stamp country you live in and park my Hummer on your ass.

Rant finished.

Franko Out.

Gordon,

thank you for all the great work you did for all us us. I think i have all of the "GEM" mods for CMBO's CMMOS.

Hopefully you'll stay in the community and maybe you'll find more time to play now (i heard the pension-shock is not that hard, if you have a hobby ;) )

Best regards,

Helmut

[ November 20, 2002, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: Schoerner ]