CMMOS v4.00 Released!

Yes, that's right. CMMOS v4.00 and a whole pile o' mods are now available at CM:HQ.

What are you waiting for, get thee hence.

Gordon

p.s. In case you havent seen what its capable of:

CMMOS_Screen2.jpg

[ November 18, 2002, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Ok, I fixed the link for the Pz 38(t).

The Panther A (early) didn't make the cut for this update (I have some more unit markings to add).

I wasn't aware of the CDV executable name being different. I'll fix this for the next release.

Gordon

Many thanks, downloading 'em now. Already got 90% of 'em all (gotta love VDSL), but one is resisting, maybe some problems at the ftp (mr.Newbies great T-34/85 '44 late)? Tried a thousand times, no go. Now to SAUNA and then to test 'em out. Thanks yet again.

Hey Gordon,

I've successfully downloaded all of the mods except for this one:

Name/Link - MrN_T34-85m44L_CMMOS

Description - Mr Noobie's T-34-85 model 1944 (late)

The link might be down, as I've tried it many times. And by the way, thank you SO much for your incredible work!

GG

Edit: Oops SaTyR beat me to it!

[ November 18, 2002, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: GreenGriffon ]

Originally posted by Gordon:

Old Dog gets the credit for the improved documentation.

Gordon

...or blame, as the case may be. :D

Seriously, we tried our best to make everyone's first run-in with CMMOS as painless as possible, but I'm sure we assumed some things that aren't very obvious to first time users.

So, read the manual, and then give a shout on the forum, or e-mail Gordon or I if you are still having trouble.

- Old Dog

First of all thanks for this great utility.

Secondly-I was having a bit of trouble (before reading the instructions...), and tried starting from scratch after trashing my original CMMOS folder (I did back up all of the Rulesets etc. for my CMBO CMMOS). Now I cannot get it back up-I get a message that reads:

"Took exception while attempting to read CMMOS Path from Registry"

I also can't seem to get the setup to run through completely to the point where it shows up as an installed program.

Any ideas on a remedy? I am pretty PC illiterate, I use a Mac for everything but games, so please speak slowly and loudly...

(I'm running under the harsh taskmaster Windows ME)

[ November 19, 2002, 03:08 AM: Message edited by: benpark ]

Gordon,

I believe your wines are on their way... ;)

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

</font>

• Sponsor of the (infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honour of Nabla </font>
  • RoW I/II/III/~ tourney sponsor (Wreck/Championship pending/~)</font>

Is a manual included on how to get it installed and where to put all the files?

(I didn't dl it yet, but had some problems with the "old" cmmos for cmbo.)

I got it to work after a while and it's a really fantastic tool, but it was a long time ago and I can' remember what I did and how it worked.. :(

Originally posted by Lindan:

[QB]Is a manual included on how to get it installed and where to put all the files?

Yes. I never used CMMOS for CMBO and had no problem setting up 4.0. Just follow the instructions. I think the key thing that some people might be having trouble with is that you don't need to download mods/rulesets into the CMMOS/CMBB directory structure. Just download them where you normally download things and load them into CMMOS from within CMMOS.