CMBB Demo Bug Thread

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watch a prop on a plane at an airshow
I see it all the time on the road with wheel spokes, fan blades and pretty much anything that spins fast.
Only when there are lights on, guys. smile.gif

I've sat a few feet from a spinning prop - it blurs to nothing in daylight.

Here's an experiment. Take a pen and shake it quickly up and down. In regular 60 Hz light, it shows no strobe effect. Now try the same thing in front of your monitor. See the difference? The refresh of the monitor turns the blur into distinct individual pen images.

Regardless, glad to hear that the effect is an artifact of monitors and not coded that way, unlike some other games I know of.... :rolleyes:

**********POTENTIAL SPOILER*******************

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

On Yelnia Stare, the graphic for the command line to the platoon leader from Tank 3, 1st Platoon, is black, regardless of the distance between the two tanks or the terrain type either is located in. There may be some legitmate modeling reason for that, and I don't know if it is, in fact, out of command, as I haven't started a turn yet.

Agua, I am guessing you are still in the setup stage. If a non-radio equipped tank begins a turn out of communications (like one starts the setup phase in that battle), it will stay out. But if placed in communications, all will be good on turn 1.

WWB

Originally posted by Tanaka:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

System specs:

GeForce3 Ti200, driver: 23.11

The drivers are at least on number 30.82... update your drivers (It might has nothing to do with the problem, but you should update them any way).</font>

For the Citadel scenario, I've got a weird graphic problem for the river (at least I think its a river) Its all black but with some wierd green triangles. It actually looks like a CMBO graphic resource overload problem. I can't post a screenshot, but I can e-mail it.

Just went back to playing and realized I've got crazy texture swapping going on. My tanks are totally blurry as well as doodads and treez

iMac G4 800mhz 512MB ram

32 MB nvidia (stock)

Cheers

(early morning spelling)

[ September 01, 2002, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Hoopenfaust 101 ]

Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

[QB]For the Citadel scenario, I've got a weird graphic problem for the river (at least I think its a river) Its all black but with some wierd green triangles QB]

I also have a problem with this but the river is very multicoloured for me, I know it should not look like it does.

I was hopeing someone had reported this, so maybe it's just me...

I've tried the tutorial (ruskies) and Yelnia Stare (ger), and in Yelnia Stare I can't use a HQ as a spotter for the 50mm mortars? No "Area fire" comes up when I drag the target line around to a spot visible by the commanding HQ but not the mortar team. Works in the tutorial for the sovjets.

Please advise if I am putting this on the wrong forum. I have 2 PC's I use to play CMBB it works fine on my old Windows 98 desktop. But on my Compaq EVO laptop running Windows 2000, I can bring up CMBB and even start playing the tutorial but then the screen locks up and all I can hear are the birds playing in the background. It is not tied to my actions it appears to be time based (i.e. about 30 seconds after I start the game). Do you have some ideas that I could try?

The problem still occurs with CMBB. I updated my directX drivers.

[ September 02, 2002, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Carl Puppchen ]

I seem to be dealing with a lot of lock ups when playing vs. the AI. Can't get past the computer player thinking screen as the bar moves about an inch and after 3-4 minutes I'm rebooting. I updated all drivers, turned off all startup programs & my AV.

I did manage to play 11 turns as a PBEM vs myself, but then the same situation happened again, no activity in the blue bar for a long period and I'm rebooting once more... :mad:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Dev

Originally posted by RedDevil:

I seem to be dealing with a lot of lock ups when playing vs. the AI. Can't get past the computer player thinking screen as the bar moves about an inch and after 3-4 minutes I'm rebooting. I updated all drivers, turned off all startup programs & my AV.

I did manage to play 11 turns as a PBEM vs myself, but then the same situation happened again, no activity in the blue bar for a long period and I'm rebooting once more... :mad:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Dev

Please help Dev get his game to run so i can kick the hell out of him at PBEM. smile.gif

Dev, it must be you. Mine runs beautifully on WinXP. I'm about 13 turns through the citadel scenario. Awesome running into a KV-1s.

Crew Crash

When I originally encountered the crash I had 4x FSAA turned on, 27.5 detonator drivers. Newer drivers did not help. I rolled back the drivers as the recent ones cause severe slowdowns for me in Morrowind.

This morning I started a new Citadel game with FSAA off, let a MkIII get KO'd and checked the crew. Graphics were normal and no crash when selected.

Could it be related to AA? Although I haven't encountered text problems in CMBO or the CMBB demo in both games forcing AA leads to some color changes around the borders of the screen. When I ran CMBO on my 98SE machine I never encountered the changes with AA on.

Current specs: XP Home, AthlonXP 2000+, 1GB DDR RAM, Geforce4 Ti4600

Originally posted by SuperSulo:

I was hopeing someone had reported this, so maybe it's just me...

I've tried the tutorial (ruskies) and Yelnia Stare (ger), and in Yelnia Stare I can't use a HQ as a spotter for the 50mm mortars? No "Area fire" comes up when I drag the target line around to a spot visible by the commanding HQ but not the mortar team. Works in the tutorial for the sovjets.

You need to un-hide the HQs in order to spot for mortars.