***Rumblings Of War II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl***

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, players should check this thread often from here on out. How things will work has been established for this tourney. See page one of this thread for full details.

Twelve newbies have been added to the player list. There are nine unclaimed slots in Tourney III, and eighteen vets from the original CMBB sign-up who still need to send the confirmation email.

The player list is updated daily. It is in the first post to this thread. If you are on the list and do NOT have an asterisk by your name, you need to send me a confirmation email. Subject: your forum username, Body: type in your email address.

Due date for confirmation email is May 15!! After that date you will be removed from the list.

Tourney Vets not yet on the player list are no longer guaranteed a slot. Don't delay if you want in. Post here or send email.

NEWBIES: Email me if you want in. We'll talk about it.

Treeburst155 out.

No problem, Lunael. We hope to see you in the CMBB tournament.

A note on the player list. New additions will not necessarily be at the bottom of the list. For example, Zipper is now on the list in slot 50, which was just vacated by Lunael. This is much easier than shifting everyone up the list.

If an opening occurs in the first 48 slots there will be more shuffling as I transfer tourney vets into those slots. As of now we have only one tourney vet (unconfirmed) not in the first 48.

Did YOU send in your confirmation email?

Subject: forum username Body: email address.

Treeburst155 out.

SS Obergruppenfuhrer,

Email me at mikeman@cablelynx.com

Gunnersman,

The tourney will not begin until the first week in June, if all goes well. May 15 is just the date everybody has to send the confirmation email by. Speaking of which, I still need confirmation emails from 18 vets who originally signed up for the CMBB tourney. Subject: forum username, Body: email address.

Treeburst155 out.

Treeburst, I sent you the mail, confirm plz. If you didn't receive it, I can send another (duh!). :D Can't wait to get me hands dirty but from experience, most of my tourneys ended in fiascos, entire battalions getting blown up by 2-3 well commanded Shermans. :D

Got your mail...I signed up for the tourney, loving it, loving it...Two questions:

1) You mentioned something about withdrawing troops from the map...what sort of an effect will that have? Who picks the sides?

2) This thing should last 90 days, but since we have summer holidays coming up I won't be home every day. How much of a problem is that? I will play a damn lot, but I have a holiday in Turkey coming up... :confused:

Thanks

Vacations are no problem. Many will be doing this over the course of the tourney. Just be sure you inform your opponents when the time comes. Your other questions are all answered on page one of this thread.

This vacation question reminds me that I need to come up with some quidelines for reporting suspected dropouts so the games in question don't remain idle for weeks on end. I will add a section to my post at the bottom of page one dealing with this in the near future.

Treeburst155 out.

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

SS Obergruppenfuhrer,

Email me at mikeman@cablelynx.com

Gunnersman,

The tourney will not begin until the first week in June, if all goes well. May 15 is just the date everybody has to send the confirmation email by. Speaking of which, I still need confirmation emails from 18 vets who originally signed up for the CMBB tourney. Subject: forum username, Body: email address.

Treeburst155 out.

*PPSSSSSSssssssssss*

(Thats me deflating)

Alright then, hurry up June! Well, how about practice then? Anybody up for a pre-tourney PBEM game? Ill be looking on the Op-finder.

Regarding vacations, maybe it's possible to specify one or two weeks when we expect to have problems playing CM and then arrange the sections after that? Just to make sure that after we get back from 10 days in the sun all our opponents leave to do the same, creating a 20 day period with no progress.

[ May 07, 2002, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Visom ]

As far at the vacations go, remember that if you can find the time and double up turns often enough, you can create a buffer that will let you fit in a week of no turns and not fall behind. Just a thought.

Vacations WILL slow things down. Consecutive vacations by both players, as described above, will probably happen; but only to a small fraction of the total games in the tourney. Players should be able to catch these games up IMO, if they really want to.

If players make a serious attempt to send one file per game per day whenever possible they will not be the last to finish their games. Realistically, we'll be doing good to get the last games completed in 120 days. I ask for 90 so I can get 120. :D

Visom,

You might have a good idea there. Perhaps I will try to collect vacation info from the players. This way I could prevent any really bad vacation matchups such as you described.

To keep it simple and easy I would just request vacation info from people who intend to be gone more than seven days. I have a couple more things I need to do before that however.

Treeburst155 out.

[ May 08, 2002, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Porta:

I'm ready! (I'm not so sure my mailbox is ready)

If we dont meet at this Rumbling, then I see you at the CMBB finals ;)

Now I have to study some more Sven Hassel, so I know your every move :D

ALI

Treeburst, just want to say that you understood my point, which was to avoid the worst case scenarios. Nobody would want to try and fix the schedules to avoid a few 5 day delays, that can't be avoided. As stated before, those minor delays should be taken care of by building a buffer. I think it'll be hard for some persons to build a buffer to cover a 10-12 day delay. Those delays are probably one of the reasons some games will take 120 days, if we can eliminate those the longest games will be reduced (in theory) with 10-12 days.

We now have 65 players on the list (first post), but 18 vets who originally signed up for a CMBB tourney have yet to confirm their desire to play in a CMBO tourney.

They have one more week to send the confirmation email (SUBJECT: forum username BODY: email address).

I may be able to cut it down to just two tourneys of 24 players. Rest assured however, if you are on the list with an asterisk, you will play. I might have to go on a recruiting drive or restructure Tourney III.

As it stands now, there are anywhere from 7-25 slots available, depending on the eighteen who have yet to confirm. BTW, I added two names to the list today.

SuperTed says Boots & Tracks is making good progress with our scenarios. It's gonna be a good tourney!

Treeburst155 out.

TB,

I'm of course delighted to have that magical asterisk after my name but I wonder if some veterans who would really like to play just haven't picked up this thread and don't realize that they need to confirm with you their place in this tourney.

I hate to add to your burdens but it might be worth popping each of them a quick email, if that's practical and not too much trouble.

Just a thought. Thanks for all you do.

:D:D

[ May 08, 2002, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: CombinedArms ]