***Rumblings Of War II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl***

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by WARHAMMER:

Jim R.

so we meet up again......I sure hope we get a battle unlike that "Meeting of the Devils". I have a few bones to bury with you. ;)

Good luck my friend!

Kurt

Sorry, it's taken a while to catch up with this thread Kurt.

I look forward to meeting you again in the field of battle... just as long as its not bleedin well pitch black again!

Regards

Jim R.

Now that I received the list of scenarios to play I think I will read Ken Touts " A fine night for tanks " again. Maybe I can get a bit of intel from there.

To anyone who hasnt read this fine book : I can wholeheartly recommend it.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Good luck with your new situation, Mattias. Have a great summer!

Thank you TB!

I'll still be kept busy by the Nordic Championship finals, so with any luck I'll be able to escape withdrawal symptoms until the big CM:BB bash takes off smile.gif

Good luck and much fun to everyone on the tournament!

M smile.gif

Originally posted by Beckman:

Thanks Tree.

I am in the Group of Death, so the max fairness is great!!!!!

Thanks so much for organizing all this.

I look forward to the challenge.

Welcome to the GoD Beckman,

Well things seem to be trucking along. I will add my thanks to TB and WineCape as well as the scenario designers at Boots and Tracks.

As a RoW Vet (and I wear that with pride btw) the only advice I can give is to play each scenario as best you can. Even if you are getting pounded, don't give up! With the Nabla scoring system you can lose but still win. It is all a "question of degree".

Now excuse me, I am going to get my Wreck-axe cause I have to go grind it.. ;)

[ June 03, 2002, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: The_Capt ]

I have to say that I like the nick "GoD" much more than the last: RoW I section III aka "Wreck's bitches (©TABPUB)" :D

My goal is now to take more points from Wreck than 29...(btw nobody in that section got more than that - at least I know what I am dealing with now. Hmm how much I need points to NOT be his "bitch"? )

Yeah "GoD" has a nice ring to it. So 30+ off this Wreck guy is good?

I need to reread the starting posts, but when happens after the first round is over. The top 2 from each section advance?

I love to be scared even before the games. Did any of you guys in this GoD belong to the DoW site before. I played a few guys there and did OK. Was the talent pool at that site comparable to this?

thanks all

Beckman

Beckman,

Just read the three consecutive posts by myself located just past the halfway mark on page one. The first one of importance is entitled, "How It Works". These posts will explain everything you need to know.

If you get wrecked by Wreck you won't be the first one. :D

Treeburst155 out.

Ach! I'm playing as Germans in 3 scenarios - Wunderbar! And If Wreck leaves to Titans clash-tournament (coward :D )There will be new usurper in section 4...I'm going for it! Bestrafe mich!

I can't take it any more, come on 6th of June...

[ June 04, 2002, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Juha Ahoniemi ]

Originally posted by Juha Ahoniemi:

My goal is now to take more points from Wreck than 29...(btw nobody in that section got more than that - at least I know what I am dealing with now. Hmm how much I need points to NOT be his "bitch"? )

I feel quite satisfied then. I managed to extract 35 points from Wreck in my Nordic Wannabee tournament game despite his force being the overwhelmingly superior one and Wreck controlling both objectives on the map by the end of the game.

Regards

Jim R.

Boris and Jazza,

Boris is #3 on the backup list. Jazza is #4 on the list.

There is going to be a small tourney run simultaneously with this one using the same scenarios. We are calling this little tourney, "Clash Of The Titans". It is a contest between the top ladder players. The Titans will not have anything to do with this tourney. They're just using the same scenarios.

Wreck has chosen to give up his slot in RoW II in order to take up arms in the Titans' tourney.

Nemo has also sent word that he must withdraw due to Real Life.

Backup players one and two will be offered the slots within the hour. That would be Yankee Dog and Diceman of SuperTed's Newbie Tournament.

I have received three of the scenarios from SuperTed. I'm expecting the remaining two sometime today. Files will begin going out tomorrow!

Treeburst155 out.

Treeburst, stupid question:

could you please post which tournaments you ran in the past and who won?

I'm totally lost between RoW, Wincape invitational, Dorosh invitational, Nordic, Wannabees, and I'm sure this list doesn't include the ones Wreck and KiwiJoe won. KiwiJoe won RoW I, right?

Originally posted by redwolf:

Treeburst, stupid question:

could you please post which tournaments you ran in the past and who won?

I'm totally lost between RoW, Wincape invitational, Dorosh invitational, Nordic, Wannabees, and I'm sure this list doesn't include the ones Wreck and KiwiJoe won. KiwiJoe won RoW I, right?

Redwolf,

Treeburst and I have run the following tourney's, though he is the man doing the hard work, I'm just the wine guy...

(1) The notorious Invitational, still going...

(2) WineCape Tourney I - winner Fangorn

(3) WineCape Tourney II - winner KiwiJoe

(4) Nordic Championships - busy with play-offs

(5) Rumblings of War I: Scenario's by Wild Bill's Team - winner Wreck.

(6) Rumblings of War II: Boots & Tracks Brawl - to kick-off within 24 hours!

(7) Rumblings of War II: TITANS! - same scenario's as RoW II, more vino for all the players, as well as more for the eventual winner, map designers and arbiters. THE CLASH. Mandatory AAR's by the 8 TITANS.

(8) Rumblings of War III - upcoming CMBB tourney.

I'm sure TB155 was/is involved (without my knowledge) in other tourney's as well smile.gif

[ June 05, 2002, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

There is going to be a small tourney run simultaneously with this one using the same scenarios. We are calling this little tourney, "Clash Of The Titans". It is a contest between the top ladder players. The Titans will not have anything to do with this tourney. They're just using the same scenarios.

RoW II: TITANS! consist of:

(1) SWAMP

(2) GHOST

(3) DEATHDEALER

(4) WRECK

(5) SURLYBEN

(6) MAJORTAKTIK

(7) BROKEN! (depending on RD's nomination)

(8) FIONN

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

I feel quite satisfied then. I managed to extract 35 points from Wreck in my Nordic Wannabee tournament game despite his force being the overwhelmingly superior one and Wreck controlling both objectives on the map by the end of the game.

Regards

Jim R.

You must mean "the Aftermath" where You played the Axis? Here is some statistics from Nordic warriors:

Scenario [ The_Aftermath ] medians [ 41.25 58.75 ]

(allied on the left, Axis on the right obviously)

Whose that "overwhelmingly superior one" force was again? :D

But feel free to be satisfied with Yourself... ;)