***Rumblings Of War II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl***

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff,

I have your email. I'll be processing another batch of new guys on May 16th. If you still want in after you read my "Newbie Letter" then you are in.

To All,

I have updated the player list. I'm only short eight confirmation emails right now, so there will be a third tourney as originally planned. There are between seven and fifteen open slots in tourney #3.

Treeburst155 out.

I see things are coming nicely along here Treeburst. Can we have a list of those in Tourney 1/2 of the RoW II?

Regards,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

-----------History Note--------------

The American player, Marshall, last move has been described as the most beautiful ever played on a chessboard. Marshall said that the spectators showered the board with gold coins* after he played it.

Levitsky (White) vs Marshall (Black) -- Brelau, 1912, French Defence

1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 3.Nc3 c5 4.Nf3 Nc6 5.exd5 exd5 6.Be2 Nf6 7.0-0 Be7 8.Bg5 0-0 9.dxc5 Be6 10.Nd4 Bxc5 11.Nxe6 fxe6 12.Bg4 Qd6 13.Bh3 Rae8 14.Qd2 Bb4 15.Bxf6 Rxf6 16.Rad1 Qc5 17.Qe2 Bxc3 18.bxc3 Qxc3 19.Rxd5 Nd4 20.Qh5 Ref8 21.Re5 Rh6 22.Qg5 Rxh3 23.Rc5 Qg3!!! White resigns.

*According to Walter Korn, these were payoffs by Russians who’d backed Levitsky with gold roubles, marks and Austrian crowns.

John,

I have your confirmation. You're good to go.

WineCape,

The first post to this thread contains the tentative player list which I update regularly. We won't have a firm list until about May 20th. Slots 1-48 will be in tourneys I and II.

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Jeff,

I have your email. I'll be processing another batch of new guys on May 16th. If you still want in after you read my "Newbie Letter" then you are in.

Uhhh, what letter? Is this going to show up on the 16th? Or was it in this thread?

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I'll be sending a letter to all the new guys on May 16th. By then I will know exactly how many slots I have available. Right now I'm waiting on tourney vets to confirm. Have no fear, there are plenty of slots in Tourney III. You will get in if you still want in after you read the letter. It just explains the time committment involved, the extreme problems created by dropouts, etc.. You'll get it on the 16th.

Treeburst155 out.

ciks,

I removed you from the list. Have a great summer, and we'll see you in the CMBB tourney.

Warhammer,

You are #14 on the list (see first post to this thread). You are good to go.

I'm still waiting on four confirmation emails. I need to hear from Tuomas, Fangorn, MrSpkr, and Mr. Johnson if you guys want to play in this tourney. You have 48 hours to respond.

Treeburst155 out.

Hi guys!

Today is the last day for Mr Spkr, Mr. Johnson, and Fangorn to send in their confirmation letters. They will be removed from the list tomorrow. Also tomorrow, I will begin filling the remaining Tourney III slots with new guys.

Things will be picking up on this thread in a week or so. Tourney and section assignments will be posted, among other things, so try to check the thread several times per week.

Take a moment to check out the new Boots & Tracks site. These are the guys that are hard at work on our scenarios right now. Without them, there would be no tourney. The link is in my sig.

EDIT: I forgot. Tuomas, you have been removed from the list per your request. Have a great summer. Don't fly into any mountains, and we'll see you in the CMBB tourney.

Treeburst155 out.

[ May 15, 2002, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Originally posted by Soddball:

Thanks MrSpkr smile.gif

Now about that other little matter of a setup? ;)

I shall request a setup from the designers at Ker Dessel* and contact you when it comes in.

Steve

*Ker Dessel - When you want to play CM in the WORST way.

MrSpkr, the tournament starts early June and will last for three months. You play five games at once. You'll still be on the RoW veterans list if you skip this one.

Btw, everything you need to know is on the top and the bottom of the first page.

Mr Spkr,

Do me a big favor and send me an email. Make the subject be "Mr Spkr". In the body of the email type in the address you wish to use for tourney related mail (turns, etc.). I need this confirmation email for organizational purposes, and to establish an up-to-date mailing list that I can associate with forum usernames. Thanks!

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Mr Spkr,

Do me a big favor and send me an email. Make the subject be "Mr Spkr". In the body of the email type in the address you wish to use for tourney related mail (turns, etc.). I need this confirmation email for organizational purposes, and to establish an up-to-date mailing list that I can associate with forum usernames. Thanks!

Treeburst155 out.

Done. Check your email.

Steve

Just a bump so prospective newbies can find the thread.

The second half of page one contains several consecutive posts by myself. These posts contain virtually all the information one needs about the tourney.

The current player list is in the first post to the thread, and is updated regularly. Lord Dragon has been added to the list today. Welcome!

Treeburst155 out.

[ May 20, 2002, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]