For whom the Peng Challenges

Originally posted by Agua Perdido:

Blah, blah, blah about hate and filth. Worthy topics, to be sure, but then we come across this little "gem"....

...(Sorry to get all sappy, but I got out of a traffic ticket today and I just really hate all of you.)

Fancy Water, thanks for the horrid image of you I now have lodged in my mind. I can only imagine (and try to forget) what sordid acts a buggerer like you performed to "get out of a traffic ticket".

Papa

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Agua Perdido:

No, the Peng Challenge is called the Cesspool for good reason. This is not some playground of good-natured ribbing we jocularly term a waste-pit, like a wood-paneled basement rec room with stacks of old pizza boxes and empty beer bottles. It's a pit of filth, filled with embittered idjits, losers all who forsake earthly happiness for the sake of the immense hatred they bear one another. And for what eternal reward? Only the grave, the chewing of worms on decomposing flesh of a life wasted.

Like life, the Cesspool is futile--only more so. Staying here isn't about bon mots and badinage, it's about embracing the insanity of a futile existence by hating your fellow git with your entire being. If you haven't come here to hate, go home. We have too many fancy-boys already.

Agua Perdido

Neat! Who's up for some cocoa?

Meanwhile, as everyone's eyes were glued to the unfolding tragedy in the center ring...

I think it was Palsied Bleeder who said somefink earlier about "personalized smoking jackets" or somesuch (to be honest with you, even though I thought it an interesting idea, anything PL says, doesn't really stick with me for long. It's like he's the Chinese food of mental activity.)

Anyhoo, I got to thinking that an MBT official logo might be a cool thing to play around with.

Now I can futz around in Photoshop with the best of them, but something like this might take illustrative talent (Which reminds me, have any of you killed off my squire Lurker? I haven't seen him in ages).

Before I can put pen to paper, or mouse to pad, as it were, I need to know what it should say. Which would be the best name for the logo? MBT? Cesspool? Peng Challenge Thread? or somefink entirely different?

(Stand back everyone, Joe should be jumping up on his soapbox any second now.)

Originally spluttered and fumed by Agua Dorado:

You've always hated us, ever since your idiotic "Peng Bastids" thread

You remember that? I'm touched. It was my long-planned premier, my "One foot in the grave" as it were.

Oh, and Boo, that's gay.

[ October 10, 2002, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

... MBT? Cesspool? Peng Challenge Thread? or somefink entirely different?

Something descriptive would be good. Something catchy. Something that would preferably keep Boo occupied and out of our hair for about two years. Longer would of course be better. But I could live with two years.

Alternatively, something that cries out "Who are these obsessive pillocks?" How about TheeCess 'R Us? LOL. Get it? Boy sometimes I just crack myself up.

Papa

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Oh my God...if things get any more pompous in here(blah blah blah)

But not us, lads and lords! Do not go gentle into that good knight! (blah blech boring incoherent manifesto in favor of something or other)

I am pleased that under my clandestine tutelage no less than two of you lobotomites have attempted to write manifestos for this fine thread, railing against the image of me you imagine in your ignorance to be my true self, yet with beautiful irony unaware that the unseen hand that guides you is mine, that you are mere puppets and I the master.

For I have come to stir the muck, to plow the peat, burying the old, dead growth so that new may sprout. You worthless lot are the seeds, and my philosophy, yes, is the sunlight. You think you struggle against it, but really you reach up towards the light, growing, my little seedlings.

And lo, already the stretching of the feeble minds in to something ever-so-slightly less feeble has begun. Witness these manifestos, Panty Reaper's emotional if incoherent plea for, well, something or other, and Pisswater's manifesto of pure black futility. A lot of rot to be sure, but at least you're trying, instead of blathering on with limp little posts about what color someone's door is (pink or salmon, or, oh that's right, totally uninteresting).

Oh Malakovsky, four posts in a row without a reply from you, keep it up!

Note, Zerpan Dealer, I post only as needed to keep the weak pulse of this thread alive, and, of course, to troll for games, which I claim as my small reward for the altruistic work I do here, in the mire.

You owe me a turn by the way. Feckless git.

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

Boy sometimes I just crack myself up.

Papa

Nice to see that your humor entertains one person in the universe Chakka.

And as for the forgotten waterboy, the Mutha Beautiful Thread was all about challenges, gamey games of CM, and villification of your enemy, regardless of the outcome. All these houses, knights, serfs, poolboys, and hatred stuff are just sideshows.

Speaking of sideshows:

GAMEY UPDATES

UNDERWAY...

Treeburst155 is getting mauled in the woods by my one-click force selection. In the gamiest move ever, should he lose as badly as it seems he will, I'm sure he will claim that Roxanne picked his forces and knew nothing about force selection.

The Gnome must have fallen down or sumfink, 'cause I haven't seen a turn out of him for quite a while. I still have my Panther, and that's all that matters. Nyeah nyeah...

Burlesque is plinking away with his AT guns while my forces are trying to close with his defensive positions about 1.5 klicks across the open steppe. He also complains that he has no effective artillery... And the problem with this is??? Anyone??? Huh, fine by me.

STAGING...

Malanoma will get his when I figure out just how many crawfish the average Russian soldier had in his pockets in the summer of 1943.

Bruce-Lee-wanna-be will also get one when I have the terrain features and force selections completed.

[ October 10, 2002, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Herr Oberst ]

I would like to express my anger and hatred of everything...

I could call all of you a bunch of perpetual pillocks, numerous nongs of Cesspool sludge, or even say SOD OFF!*

But it isn't really proper for a Lady of the pool to say such things...Malakovski, maybe you could give me some appropriate words to use in order to express my anger...

*Excepting Emma and OGSF of course.

Persephone

[Edited to add: Yeknod do I get points for this?]

[ October 10, 2002, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Persephone ]

Oh, and Boo, that's gay.

You forgot to add "Not that there's anything wrong with that", you mincing poseur!

Well, if I come up with a real boss, cool, groovy design idea, rest assured that when Xmas comes around, you won't be getting a T-shirt from me, you wet blanket made flesh!

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Malakovski:

For I have come to stir the muck, to plow the peat, burying the old, dead growth so that new may sprout. You worthless lot are the seeds, and my philosophy, yes, is

Manure.</font>

Originally posted by Hakup Ichor:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

Christ on a crutch, who let the language-grog in here...

The true language-grog uses his resources with an aesthetically pleasing economy. Don't be fooled by logorrheic poseurs.</font>

Originally posted by Malakovski:

My words bend to my purpose

Aha!

The silly sod is Humpty-Dumpty!

"When I say a word, it means what I want it to mean, nothing more and nothing less."

Kind of fitting for one of the Bard's Squires really.

Originally posted by Hakup Ichor:

Ooh, I am cut to the quick! Oh, Death, where is thy sting? Has no one told you that stupid renderings of screen names rank even lower than puns on the humor scale? It belongs in the schoolyard, not the 'Pool -- my oldest daughter (5) can produce examples at least as humorous as yours. I know, almost everyone in the 'Pool does it, but you have pretensions to, well, something, so try living up to them.

The true language-grog has a versatility that lets him go beyond a single canonical definition of purpose, such as the "aesthetically pleasing economy" mentioned above but probably not understood by one so obviously dense and thesaurus-bound.

My words bend to my purpose, as I choose it, be that aesthetic economy or, as is more often here, annoying you gits.

Funny, since you have singularly failed to annoy me. I would have to consider your mewlings far more meritorious (as opposed to meretricious) to consider being annoyed at them worth my while.

And if prose fails to that end, my poetry will pierce any armor. Fear it.

Better. Keep trying, sport.

[ October 10, 2002, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Hakko Ichiu ]

The only sunlight in here is a mirage created by all the hot air that is flowing around. Herr Unter Please hurry with the terrain, I'm drooling with anticipation, but all the accumulated spittle has become nectar for Malanoma and he wont leave my side.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

The only sunlight in here is a mirage created by all the hot air that is flowing around. Herr Unter Please hurry with the terrain, I'm drooling with anticipation, but all the accumulated spittle has become nectar for Malanoma and he wont leave my side.

Indeed you do drool a lot, don't you. I've composed a short rhyme to commemorate that unfortunate trait.

Well, actually I wrote it first for dalem, then considered hurling it at Herr Oberst, but hell, it applies equally well to any of you.

AN ODE TO THE UBIQUITOUS 'POOLER

(dedicated to drooling Nidan1)

--------------------------------

You worthless git, ne'er weened from tit

what 'tween your ears is there

To make such crap spew out your trap

s'though anyone does care?

Shut up your maw, unslack your jaw

and wipe away that drool!

You foul the cess with that rank mess

that round your feet does pool.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

Indeed you do drool a lot, don't you. I've composed a short rhyme to commemorate that unfortunate trait.

Well, actually I wrote it first for dalem, then considered hurling it at Herr Oberst, but hell, it applies equally well to any of you.

AN ODE TO THE UBIQUITOUS 'POOLER

(dedicated to drooling Nidan1)

--------------------------------

You worthless git, ne'er weened from tit

what 'tween your ears is there

To make such crap spew out your trap

s'though anyone does care?

Shut up your maw, unslack your jaw

and wipe away that drool!

You foul the cess with that rank mess

that round your feet does pool.</font>

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Malakovski:

<font size=-1>

AN ODE TO THE UBIQUITOUS 'POOLER</font>

<font size=-1>Kinda catchy, but I don't think you can dance to it</font></font>

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Ooh, I am cut to the quick! Oh, Death, where is thy sting? Has no one told you that stupid renderings of screen names rank even lower than puns on the humor scale?

My God, you are a bit dim, aren't you? I mean you've clearly got a vast, mostly uncomprehended vocabulary, or maybe just a deep passion for reading reference works cover-to-cover, but that steel trap of an intellect has failed utterly to grasp the concept of intent.

You see, dunce, for your witty comeback to be worth anything, I must have intended the distortion of your pretentious handle as humor.

Once again you've gone gallivanting off with a moronic assumption, though I've already corrected you once. Since you're slow I'll explain again.

The malforming of silly handles like yours is not meant to be humorous, but instead a sign of disrespect, emphasized by its very casualness. It says not, "hey look I'm funny, huh huh," but rather, "my contempt of you is so deep and thorough that I show it in every address as a matter of course."

I understand that people try to understand others on their own level, hence your infantile interpretations of, well, everything, but someday you'll realize that you sit rather low on the bell curve, looking up at the hump, unable to see the heights beyond, and that in order to understand what anyone means, you must start with the assumption that their much smarter than you.

Hope this helps.