"Two Steps of Death" -thread

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Felonious Axis Y??

That's got a nice ring to it. smile.gif

Check your email for a debrief to answer the questions you had.

Good little scen, can go either way. This way was the wrong way however lol

Good job Allied D!!!

[ August 10, 2002, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Beckman ]

Hey could we make this maps a little bigger? I keep bumping into my own troops and it looks like the hordes of AFVs I have keep clumping up on their way to smashing the trespassing Allied forces.

Ok, real update time.

A2-Haven't made any substantial contact yet thus far. If I am not losing I must be winning. ;)

B2-Finally sorted files out and moving along

C2-Kuma are you receiving emails and getting attached files? please respond to mike_the_wino@softhome.net

D2-"April's Fool" is aptly named...I was fool to start this one. Not to give any force hints away but I am less than optomistic about my chances on this one.

Yes! Results!

We need more results!

Public cries out for results!

Prices are going through the roof as we have an increasing demand for results!

(Perhaps I should have added a deadline :D )

Ah, never mind. Play on the pace you can handle. Besides seeing the results here helps you to plan your action ;) ...

No news really. The third final scenario is under severe pondering and as soon as the quarrel settles you'll be informed. Keep up the good work lads!

-T

Well thank Gawd at last the horror that is April's Fool is over... You are a sick man Mr Traject0ry for designing such a cruel scenario. You must be the type of person who considers that practical jokes that hurt people while they are being filmed is the acme of humour.

But you are as nothing compared to the evil that is Smope. Who could imagine that any opponent could be so devious and fiendish in defence? Who but a twisted genius could have drawn my poor stumblebum Allies into the biggest 'it's a surprise - come as you are party' since Gen Custer galloped over the hill to look at those injuns...

I was handed my arse in a crushing 42-56 defeat, and it hurts bad... What about my feelings? I have needs too you know? Somehow I will try to pick up the pieces and get on with my life. But it's going to take time. Time and probably alcohol...

42-56 is crushing??

Boy yuo must've lead a sheltered life.

Hey Marko - are you reading this one - you've got to get less than 46!! smile.gif

So far Marko & I are up to T12.

And nothnig much has happened.

Oh there's been a little shooting and stuff, but nothing serious. At least not that I know of!!

I'm expecting bucketloads of allied firepower to show up soon tho' - don't ask me why, it's jut that, well.....there doesn't seem to be that much out there yet!! redface.gif

Damn, ok, not sure where I am lemme go check

ArchEnemies. Turn 7. No email action here. Theres probably a good reason for it which I cannot recall. Its still silent, spooky and dark.

Opponent, are u out there?

Mechanized Bushmen. Turn 13. No email action here. Theres probably a good reason for it which I cannot recall. Tanks are starting to drop like flies, troops getting mauled all over the place.

Dies Ireas. Turn 6. No email action here. Theres probably a good reason for it which I cannot recall. I advance rapidly an unhindered.

April Fools. Game over. Not sure how I pulled this off, but as stated above, it ended in a 42-56 axis victory. A crushing defeat, no, but surely humiliating to my worthy opponent. :D

[ August 11, 2002, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: 86smopuim ]

Originally posted by 86smopuim:

Damn, ok, not sure where I am lemme go check

ArchEnemies. Turn 7. No email action here. Theres probably a good reason for it which I cannot recall. Its still silent, spooky and dark.

Mechanized Bushmen. Turn 13. No email action here. Theres probably a good reason for it which I cannot recall. Tanks are starting to drop like flies, troops getting mauled all over the place.

Dies Ireas. Turn 6. No email action here. Theres probably a good reason for it which I cannot recall. I advance rapidly an unhindered.

April Fools. Game over. Not sure how I pulled this off, but as stated above, it ended in a 42-56 axis victory. A crushing defeat, no, but surely humiliating to my worthy opponent. :D

I need typing lessons.

Originally posted by Determinant:

Well thank Gawd at last the horror that is April's Fool is over... You are a sick man Mr Traject0ry for designing such a cruel scenario.[*Snip*]

For such an excellent bloodshed we must thank mister Boyd and the "down unders". As we can all clearly see that one is by far beyond my meagre talent of scenario creation.

Of a crushing defeat you should have seen MY performance with the "Rules of Engagement". I don't want to remember the score but the ratio was around 9:1. Now THAT was a defeat redface.gif .

Those entering the finals are lucky enough to participate in the mauling mentioned above smile.gif . Hope your plan will work a bit better than mine :rolleyes: ...

-T

Update.

Sorry for the delay folks: first unplanned overtime job over night last week Thursday and then a new puppy in Friday. Excuses, excuses... Yep, I've got 'em! ;)

Mechanized Bushmen W2-C2

- Setup sent!

- Scenario looks - once again - interesting! The force selection in the beginning is very good representation of [sENCORED] force in CMBO environment, many thanks for scenario designer! If I ever plan a scenario of my own I keep this way of planning in my mind :D

April's Fool X2-C2

- Turn 10 sent.

- Not much to see - yet. As I've seen comments here my neck hair is starting to raise... Ah, whattaheck, I rule the world, so be prepared you fool Germie boy! tongue.gif

Dies Irae Y2-C2

- Turn 16 sent.

- Enemy coming. And coming. And coming. Doesn't he ever make it here? Oh, did I mention: he's trying to use some of my men as marshmellows! Rude... I'll get your soda cans for this! smile.gif

Arch Enemies Z2-C2

- Turn 18 sent.

- Loads of loud mouthing, but nothing else so far. Fallschirmpuppies are shivering somewhere in their foxholes, but boy do I got a repellant for them! ;)

/kuma

Originally posted by 86smopuim:

[*Snip*]I need typing lessons.

Not half as bad as many of the rest of us...

Nice to hear that Kuma has decided to stay in terms with his neighbours :D (referring to my earlier comment to Schmegeg...).

Keep the info coming lads. It seems that MOST of the games are actually getting somewhere.

Argh, I'm bored. Time to stick some scrap metal and glass fragments into nice juicy apples. I'll prolly go and distribute them to schoolchildren later today :D . You'd better keep me interested in this topic or truly horrible events will take place tongue.gif .

-T

Originally posted by Kuma of Finland:

Update.

<SNIP>

April's Fool X2-C2

- Turn 10 sent.

- Not much to see - yet. As I've seen comments here my neck hair is starting to raise... Ah, whattaheck, I rule the world, so be prepared you fool Germie boy! tongue.gif

/kuma

I've heard that I have that effect. Thanks *blush* Oh... I misread...hair? ok then.

As long as you aren't attacking with those 8 foot tall, bullet-proof Finnish troopies that I hear are in CMBB... I'll stick it out and try to fight you off. Just remember "No" means "NO" smile.gif

-R

Originally posted by ryddle:

[*Snip*]As long as you aren't attacking with those 8 foot tall, bullet-proof Finnish troopies that I hear are in CMBB... I'll stick it out and try to fight you off. Just remember "No" means "NO" smile.gif

-R

Us Finns are nowhere near 8 foot on average. Try ten or eleven instead ;) . But we lack the Krupp-steel chests that are standard for the SS :( .

-T

Originally posted by ryddle:

As long as you aren't attacking with those 8 foot tall, bullet-proof Finnish troopies that I hear are in CMBB...

-R

So they are actually trying to simulate the FDF for real in CMBB? :D

For all my glorious opponents out there...surrender now or there will be...trouble.

23 ItK 61

[ August 12, 2002, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: 23 ItK 61 ]

Originally posted by 23 ItK 61:

So they are actually trying to simulate the FDF for real in CMBB? :D

It's impossible as the troops simply can't be made tough enough in the "tit-cheek" world of computer gaming :D:rolleyes: .

Originally posted by 23 ItK 61:

For all my glorious opponents out there...surrender now or there will be...trouble.

23 ItK 61

I think they require a bit more persuasion than that. If you have to send their heads to the widows just try to get the addresses right THIS time... :D

-T

Guest BigAlMoho

Allied A (BigAlMoho@aol.com) vs. Axis X (stoffers@wanadoo.nl) in "Hallo 2nd Panzer" (LFHB)

36 - 64: Axis Tactical Victory

thanks for posting faster than me smile.gif

It was a very breathtaking battle(not because I won)specially the first 10 turns.

My reinforcements appeared short after the US reinforcements appeared and most were cut down/eliminated which made me sweat and shout and.......say nasty words smile.gif

After those first turns I managed to make more armorkills and slowly the battle turned in my favor.

But it was very close!

Henk

Originally posted by schmegeg:

Scenarios are great I don't have a single complaint. Maybe you could offer a crying towel to the one with the lowest points. I would like to get something out of this tournament! tongue.gif

But you have already gotten a bunch of new imaginary friends!

All these guys here exist in your mind for the rest of your life. What else could you possibly crave for eh??? :D

Hope you truly enjoyed the match (Al and Stoffel that is) as "Hallo 2nd Panzer" was not one of my personal favourites ;) ...

-T

fyi

Here are the current states of my Battles.

April Fools - W2 Vs D2. Turn 5. Not much contact on the battlefield but have engaged in psycological warfare by sending Mike the wrong file. :rolleyes:

Arch Enemies - Y2 Vs D2. Turn 19. Have them running scared. smile.gif

Dies Irae - X2 Vs D2. Turn 17. They are paralyized by fear. He is so scared he set fire to his own house. tongue.gif

Mechanised Bushman - Z2 Vs D2. Turn 17 This one is battle fatigued. Under the impression that he is winning, sad and deluded. ;)

All in all, everything is going according to plan, just not sure whos plan is being followed :D

Here's how it's looking from Allied B2

April's Fool - Y2 vs B2/7 Some minor contact has occurred. Looks like being a great scenario.

Arch Enemies - W2 vs B2/3 All dark on the Western Front.

Dies Irae - Z2 vs B2/17 Carnage :D I haven't seen so many sparks flying since I turned my Dad's car on its roof ...

Mechanised Bushman - X2 vs B2/7 Some desultory plinking, but no real action yet. Just making sure their dander is up.

It's early days for most of the scenarios, so I still feel confident. I haven't had to face reality yet.

Rich

Guest BigAlMoho

Allied A (BigAlMoho@aol.com) vs. Axis Z (electric@mail.bip.net) in "April's Fool" (LFHB)

39 - 61: Axis Minor Victory