"Two Steps of Death" -thread

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy to have joined the LFHB tournament,

and wish my opponents good luck in our battles.

Email have been sent to Axis: W, X, Y and Z, including a my setup file for the battles.

Scenarios looking great, cant wait to start. smile.gif

C-J

Originally posted by Traject0ry:

reade@ryddle.com

Will replace Axis X2 in the FK&C II

No more mails to josbornesprint11@earthlink.net as he is too busy at work to participate. I hope you guys don't get the feeling that if I have reserves you should quit :( .

-T

Hi Guys, glad to be of service as I try to make you die for King & Country. (tiny gauntlet thrown. smile.gif )

I've sent a note to my opponents and will start the games shortly.

Cheers,

-R

Welcome to the happy family C-J and Ryddle. I hope this tourney adds up in a decent bloodbath as soon as we get past the initial trouble. Nice to be briefed on the progress of other people as well. My bird has gotten a flu so I must hurry home today :( . Hope you won't mind this unusually brief post :rolleyes: .

More chit-chat tomorrow lads...

-T

Originally posted by ryddle:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Traject0ry:

reade@ryddle.com

Will replace Axis X2 in the FK&C II

Hi Guys, glad to be of service as I try to make you die for King & Country. (tiny gauntlet thrown. smile.gif )

</font>

Captain's log...

This has been a strange week. We've seen the grey men...running...screaming...begging for relief as their terrified faces are twisted to mark their last words..."ACHTUNG! PANZER!".

All our units have relentlessly completed their sole purpose...to defeat the enemy at all costs. So far, the costs have taken their toll on the rusty, worn machine that is squaking in front of our gallantly advancing forces.

Gents, sorry to announce that my holiday week starts today (Friday 26th) and shall continue until next weekends Sunday (4th of August). There is some good news: I shall be reading email from some mobile pints, so don't get excited if you get some mail from a bloke called Marko from a previously unknown email address. It's only me. I'll inform you guys when I'm using some other address than the usual one and also when am I back to business.

Have a nice one! And traject0ry, take good care of that bird of yours or I have to take that responsibility ;)

Have a good one,

23 ItK 61

"If you don't like it, tough. I had my fun, and that's all that matters"

- Comment from Father Fintan who was cleaning his ear with the car keys after driving Father Teds' car into a stone wall

[ July 25, 2002, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: 23 ItK 61 ]

Hi Trajectory and all just a breif status report from allied D1 (desim8@aol.com)

April Fools vs Axis W1 Turn 1

Dius Irae vs Axis X1 Turn 5

Arch Enemies vs Axis Y1 Turn 2

Mechanised Bushmen vs Axis Z1 Allied setup

Watch your mailboxes.

:rolleyes:

edited cause its 9am here and I sent a turn off redface.gif

[ July 26, 2002, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: desim8 ]

Originally posted by 23 ItK 61:

[snip]Have a nice one! And traject0ry, take good care of that bird of yours or I have to take that responsibility ;) [snip]

Better leave the birds out as if you want some of mine you'd better offer some of yours tongue.gif .

-T

Originally posted by mike the wino:

Well after F***ing up the first go-round all setups have been completed and sent. Wow and it only took 2 tries :rolleyes:

I guess I am not as dumb as the standardized tests would indicate. :D

Thanks all for understanding.

No problems lad. If it makes you feel any better you are NOT the only one who had problems with my "splendid" OOBs...

-T

Originally posted by Fate:

If you need a fill-in player, I am available.

Fate

kirkcm@telus.net

Dear Sir, we currently can only offer you reserve place. As you fall in to the reserves box you will note that you are currently accompanied by "Kuma of Finland". If reserves gather up to eight I'll lauch yet another FK&C (III) but we need currently six guys more. If the participants in the 2SoD keep dropping out with the current rate you'll both be playing within a week though :rolleyes: .

-T

Cheers for keeping me informed about the progress. As you might have noticed I monitor this topic rather ardently (MINE, MINE, ALL MINE!) and try to solve problems and stay on track with the 2SoD. If nobody has any complaints I take it that all is well. Six more guys to the reserves and FK&C III is on the road, we'll see if we get the guys scraped up...

-T

Originally posted by ryddle:

Right Mike! I'll hold you to it. ;)

-R

Oops - duh - I'm axis too lol - so there's little or no chance of you killing anything of mine!! ;)

Originally posted by Mike:

Oops - duh - I'm axis too lol - so there's little or no chance of you killing anything of mine!! ;)

The stupid tourney system does not allow you to play against each other if you both are Axis :( . If you have plenty of spare time (you and Jimmie that is) and you are both involved only with "FK&C" I could set up a game for you two from the "LFHB". It WOULD be OUTSIDE the tournament but you'd have a chance to clash arms. I strongly recommend "Audacity at Auillon" as it is my favourite of the bunch ;) .

Same goes for the rest of the FK&C guys - challenge games can be set up outside the tourney any time you like. If you (the FK&C guys that is) like I could of course run later a separate LFHB challenge for you. Open to suggestions here. Those playing scenarios from LFHB during FK&C could not (naturally) participate in a future challenge concerning these (LFHB) scenarios.

Post/mail your opinions.

Like anybody would tongue.gif .

-T

Guest BigAlMoho

Allied A (BigAlMoho@aol.com) vs. Axis W (bigzergrat@earthlink.net) in "Birds of Prey" (LFHB)

35 - 63: Axis Tactical Victory

[ July 29, 2002, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: BigAlMoho ]

Thanks for the thought T, but I think I'd rather not "spoil" LFB for possible future play.

I seem to have lost a couple of Allied opponents tho - I've had 1 turn back from 1, and no response to my setup from the other - I'll get back to you about who they are.......

Mye other opponents aer being completely unreasonable and doing stuff like killing my little pixilated tropps and trying to win their games or some similar gamey carp!!

Dunno where they get the nerve!! :mad:

Okay, first result posted. From it I can get all the necessary info BUT as I requested you should've added the tourney (LFHB) and the e-mails of BOTH participants [bigAlMoho@aol.com (Allied A)+ bigzergrat@earthlink.net (Axis W)].

Good job anyhow and quite a pace you lads have kept up :cool: :cool: .

Also got your point Mike, perhaps I COULD run one more tourney after 2SoD. Well, if it does not happen I'll provide you the scenarios for "personal use" and at least that way you get to pick your opponents ;) . If the lads will not return their turns and do not bother to inform you what they are up to they are BREAKING THE RULES!!!!! Now we all know what happens if you do that. No, wait - we don't :confused: ...

I've informed 50% of the reserves to be ready to replace possible casualty. Mail me and the lad in question and I'm sure we can get this sorted out. One way or the other.

-T

[Edited as I decided to spare you from yet another post tongue.gif ]

[ July 29, 2002, 04:42 AM: Message edited by: Traject0ry ]

Originally posted by Traject0ry:

Dear Sir, we currently can only offer you reserve place. As you fall in to the reserves box you will note that you are currently accompanied by "Kuma of Finland".

Kuma of Finland reports! Following this thread like a scavenger. Just waiting somebody to drop out so I can eat insides of somebody's belly - eh, join PBEM fights I mean tongue.gif

/kuma

PS: Bonk! (As I prefer it to old fashioned bump :)

PS2: Edited some funny(?) typos. Micromanager in action smile.gif

[ August 01, 2002, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: Kuma of Finland ]