"Two Steps of Death" -thread

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Traject0ry:

History has shown us that an active reserve ready for deployment is essential to support a failing initial plan ;) .

-T

But I thought that history had shown us never to reinforce failure?

A quip, a mere quip, I must do something to lighten the air of defeat and despair in my command bunker...

D v W Hallo 2nd Panzer is off and running

D v X Audacity at Arillon is well on its way

D v Y Aprils Fool is about half way finished the evil Steve Beckman's hobnailed boot imprint is still on my back side from Dies Irae

D v Z Birds of Prey is about half way done.

I have to go to Montana then when I get back will be driving to Montana again to see inlaws with wife. Nothing like a relaxing road trip to take your mind off of driving :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Determinant:

But I thought that history had shown us never to reinforce failure?

A quip, a mere quip, I must do something to lighten the air of defeat and despair in my command bunker...

LOL, so that's why I've been losing all this time :D .

I withdraw to ponder this new thought. Meanwhile feel free to converse with my personal reserve tongue.gif .

I hope most of you enjoy getting their butt kicked as I have a this strange feeling that nobody will win them all...

-T

Quick report from the front...

FK&C

Axis X1

vs

Allied A1 (Arch Enemies) turn 13

B1 (Mechanized Bushmen) turn 24

C1 (April's Fool) turn 5

D1 (Dius Irae) turn 7

details coming soon.

I'm off to cry into my pillow again.

Originally posted by Mike:

T - Allied C2 seems to be MIA - anyone heard anythign from him??

Mike (Z2)

Sent him "report to HQ" mail. As he has to notify is he is unavailable for longer time than 48 hours he is in danger of being replaced. I hope that such severe action is not necessary but as I have people in reserve and we DO have rules about how to keep in touch with other players I am authorized to do so IF he does not report back. Other Axis lads should info me if he has sent you his set up back or even played turns. If I did not mention it this is urgent and quite alarming :eek: . I should've been informed sooner of his silence...

-T

Originally posted by Sripe:

Quick report from the front...

[snip]

I'm off to cry into my pillow again.[snip]

Sounds like the old "100 Minutes" massacres still got the old magic in them ;) .

Hope you are not referring to their quality though :D .

-T

This Tournament has caused the following ailments

Sleepless nights

Vulgar language when opening emails

Increased use of alcohol

Kicking the neighbors dog (as I don't have one of my own)

Is there any thing I should take for the following Ailments Doctor T? Will see you all in 3-4 days as I am off again.

Originally posted by ryddle:

Status for replacement player Axis X2 (reade@ryddle.com)

fyi, I've started 2 games.

Dies Irae (Allied D2) Turn 4

Arch Enemy (Allied A2) Turn 2

I haven't been able to start the other games yet...

Cheers,

-R

Read you "loud and clear" ( :confused: , loud?)laddie, good to hear that you are on to it. Get them running and as it is you might end up sending set up to an entirely new "Allied C2" if this won't work out.

Originally posted by schmegeg:

This Tournament has caused the following ailments

Sleepless nights

Vulgar language when opening emails

Increased use of alcohol

Kicking the neighbors dog (as I don't have one of my own)

Is there any thing I should take for the following Ailments Doctor T? Will see you all in 3-4 days as I am off again.

Sleepless nights just mean that the usage of alcohol has not increased enough, vulgar language is the sign of a true man (as we all know) and for the last one you should get your own dog if you are to stay in decent terms with your neighbour :D .

I guess this is the reason why my clinic was closed by the authorities tongue.gif .

Originally posted by a1steaks:

Allied C2 hasn't replied to my setup.

The lad still has a few hours to pull through and perform his duty - if he doesn't it's time to do mine :( .

-T

In the matter of - FK&C 1, 'Mechanized Bushmen':

I would like to congratulate Determinant (and his Allied (B1) forces), who thoroughly out-maneuvered, and bamboozled my hapless Axis (X1) troops, under my hapless leadership, into a 67-26 Allied Major Victory!

Progress Report will be mailed to you TrajectOry after I go outside and squish ants for awhile.

Originally posted by Sripe:

In the matter of - FK&C 1, 'Mechanized Bushmen':

[Ahh pish. Snipped the lies.]

It wasn't like that at all. Pure luck on my part. If that war-elephant's hacking cough hadn't given the game away then you'd have cleaned my clock. Lucky punch that's all it was. Thanks for a good fight Sripe! ;)

Cheers for the progress reports once more and congrats to the winner (and sympathy for the loser). As it is the time is up for escurlock (Allied C2) and he is NOW officially replaced. All Axis players in FK&C II shall receive e-mail so they can resend their set up to the new Allied C2. Sorry for the possible inconvenience.

I feel lucky to have this going even this smoothly so far...

No pointing with fingers Determinant. Intelligence is an important aspect of warfare (believe me as I should know ;) ) and yours was just superior this time. It is grand to blame Lady L for your victory but personally I suspect that skill was also involved. Besides you still have three more opportunities to lose before the finals :D .

-T

Scavenger got its' guts to eat :D

Kuma of Finland joins furious battles as Allied C2. Following battles waiting for their start (e-mailed already):

</font>

• Axis W2 "Mechanized Bushmen" </font>
  • Axis X2 "April's Fool" </font>
  • Axis Y2 "Dius Irae" </font>
  • Axis Z2 "Arch Enemies"
    </font>

I normally prefer playing Axis so now I know how to exploit their (your!) weaknesses. Prepare to be Shermanized! :cool:

Opponents note! I've e-mailed all of yous just minutes ago. If you haven't received any e-mail from me, please reply to cmbo@luukku.com (say, isn't that a nice address or what?-) I know I've already mixed Axis W2 and Z2 but I've e-mailed both of them already.

[Edited for opponents note.]

/kuma

[ August 02, 2002, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: Kuma of Finland ]

Situation critical. I'm off for the weekend. Yes, you have to do without me :eek: . No fighting, bickering, arguing or anything like that while I'm gone - wait for me as I want to be part of it :D .

It seems that we have ready people here so post complaints here and people will certainly comment them tongue.gif .

I'll be back on Monday. Have a nice weekend.

-T

Originally posted by Determinant:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Traject0ry:

Besides you still have three more opportunities to lose before the finals :D .

-T

I promise to seize eagerly any such opportunities with both hands...</font>