"Two Steps of Death" -thread

Yes less of the tac intel as I have yet to find this beastie!

Update allied D1 (FK&C 1)

April Fools (W1) end turn 2

Ooh! contact :eek:

Dius Irae (X1) start turn 8

Havin' it :cool:

Arch enemies (Y1) start turn 6

still dark redface.gif

Mech Bushmen (Z1) start turn 2

Dave

Hope I'm not going to slow!

Early notice on unavailability

I'm out all weekend (10/11 Aug)

and I'm off on holidays (17th - 28th Aug) so no turns then :(

[ August 08, 2002, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: desim8 ]

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

so I finally made it home from the LAN/FUN session Traject0ry mentioned...just sent all four enemies their turns, so no you are not through with me yet ;)

BTW, somebody asked me how to pronounce 23 ItK 61... Big T, could you help us here? :eek:

Almost awake,

Originally posted by Mike:

Ha!! you immobilised the P-IV where it was going to anyway - it now has a clear shot on a platoon of 1/2 trk borne infantry so you can kiss your right flank nitey-nite now!! lol

[cockyness]Boy I hope you get some reinforcements soon, 'cos otherwise this isn't going to be much of a gmae!![/cockyness]

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Just as I suspected, your feigned confidence has fooled no one, and yes I do accept for formal surrender. :D You fought bravely but you have to admit that the best man won tongue.gif

Originally posted by Traject0ry:

Ah, I have to intervene on your otherwise nice argument by starting my own BUT -

we have agreed not to reveal too much of the scenarios here.

Originally posted by desim8:

Yes less of the tac intel as I have yet to find this beastie!

I'll add my own: please don't post unit-specific info without a spoiler warning. smile.gif

Maybe only a few of us think it's a big deal, but most folks will probably play differently if they already know that new sound contact beyond the hedgerow is, say, a Pz-IV and not a Tiger.

I think you got it right the first time PK.

I mean it's a foregone conclusion now - when my [CENSORED] gets your [CENSORED] by the [CENSORED] that'll be it for your [CENSORED].

and after that it's just a matter of [CENSORED], [CENSORED], [CENSORED] and mopping up the [CENSORED] with the [CENSORED].

So yeah - save yourself the agony and surrender! smile.gif

Mike

(Is that better T?? I never mentioned the uberhamsters once, nor the rinfocements that appear on his baseline or the regiment of super-kitties and the entire Luftflotte 35.38 that attacks on T28 ;) )

I mean it's a foregone conclusion now - when my [CENSORED] gets your [CENSORED] by the [CENSORED] that'll be it for your [CENSORED].

and after that it's just a matter of [CENSORED], [CENSORED], [CENSORED] and mopping up the [CENSORED] with the [CENSORED].

Mike

(Is that better T?? I never mentioned the uberhamsters once, nor the rinfocements that appear on his baseline or the regiment of super-kitties and the entire Luftflotte 35.38 that attacks on T28 ;) )

NUTS :D

Interesting visual analogy, but the plagiarism is too obvious - you get a D! tongue.gif:D

[ August 07, 2002, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Mike ]

Mike

Okay, I'm not the German secret field police of the 40's but things get nasty if people completely miss the point made earlier. It seems by now that everybody has agreed not to spoil fun by stating any vehicle types, the numbers of units deployed etc.

As we are all adults I hope that everyone will post here about things bugging them. No we have erased the spoiler problem with the expense of losing the possibility to comment the scenarios accurately. We shall get back to that when the "Vengeance of the LFHB" and my next project are launched. If they are launched that is ;) .

So hold your horses until every game of a scenario has been played and THEN my eager troopers you are free to comment them as you like!

-T

[Edited as I am allergic to nuts... :D ]

[ August 08, 2002, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: Traject0ry ]

Originally posted by tero:

Originally posted by 23 ItK 61:

BTW, somebody asked me how to pronounce 23 ItK 61... Big T, could you help us here? :eek:

If I may: it is pronounced Sergei. ;)

Sergei will do :D .

Nice to see that people are getting busy with posting. I was gone for a day and the thread got a brand new page.

-T

Update:

Mechanized Bushmen C2-W2

- Succesfully contacted Mike the Wino. Waiting for setup file.

April's Fool C2-X2

- Sent file 8. No sign of enemy. Gathering some wheat for sugar buns. They're great with evening coffee.

Dies Irae C2-Y2

- Sent file 12. Enemy closing little by little and is trying to kill my men with lung cancer by dropping some smoke on them.

Arch Enemies C2-Z2

- Sent file 14. No Fallschirmpuppies seen. I wonder if they forgot it's war out there?

/kuma

Originally posted by Kuma of Finland:

Gathering!

Hey all Allied number two's! Report!

What's the situation now? How much we are winning over Axis number two's? Are we overkilling or just running over them? :D

/kuma

Do NOT get TOO eager on the progress of the other lads ;) . As they know their results are compared to yours in order to find out the finalists. You don't want to give too much info to the others as they are playing against you rather than the Axis lads...

With the 100 Minutes this has produced some problems. It shall provide some more here but this time you have been warned. Some of the scenarios are built over "out of the bag" ideology giving perhaps fatally flawed info in the briefing. Such measures are in vain if people will join the rumour mill. As stated earlier this tourney is for you so you get to decide what it will be. I simply act as a pimp, gather results and send the prizes. If everybody here agrees you can post whatever you like.

This far we have agreed on "no spoilers" policy though and the scenarios being what they are somebody could count situational reports as spoilers. I have E-mailed you progress forms and would be happy to receive them at scenario end. You NEED to post the results here and some people might get some info out of them. What it is might be hard to point out sometimes (some scenarios end as crushing victories to both sides and draws - how could you figure from such deviating results the correct form of action to take) and in some cases it could be rather misleading...

Once again if you WANT to change things here or give me FEEDBACK use e-mail. I get too little feedback to draw any conclusions on anything these days. Perhaps Elvis was an alien :confused: :D ...?

-T

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mike:

Okay, I'm not the German secret field police of the 40's but things get nasty if people completely miss the point made earlier. It seems by now that everybody has agreed not to spoil fun by stating any vehicle types, the numbers of units deployed etc.</font>

Hey - didn't you notice the smilies!! tongue.gifsmile.gif

This is just an excuse to bump off page 2 smile.gif

I'm not mad at anyone and I certainly hope that nobody is mad at me. The reason why I get serious from time to time is to show that I actually intend :eek: to run this tourney. If things need to be commented upon I shall do so.

Yes, I noticed the smilies. Your post was picked to show that INDEED we had agreed on no spoiler policy ;) .

I do have a sense of humour though and if this tourney will not satisfy it I'll wrap it up and head to Ibiza tongue.gif .

Like I would :D .

-T

[Not edited as this too was an excuse to bump from page two]

Just to keep you hungry two of the three scenarios for the final round have been selected:

Title: Rules of Engagement

Type: Meeting Engagement (British vs. Germans)

Class: Semi-Historical

Date: 2nd of August 1944

Time: Dusk

Terrain: Damp

Weather: Overcast

Length: 30 turns

Size: Medium

As the American forces were finally achieving allied

breakthrough during "Operation Cobra" British forces fought

hard to draw as much German attention as possible. A new

operation designated "Bluecoat" was launched in order to

check the German armoured reinforcements as this would

allow the American divisions to fully exploit possible

breakthrough.

Early on the British (VIII and XXX Corps) managed to tie

down 21st Panzer Division and as the 9th SS Panzer

Division "Hohenstaufen" arrived on the scene 2nd of

August it was immediately committed against the British.

Using cunning and dauntless tactics the Germans managed

to halt the British advance. Still the British pushed on

and the pressure on the front made it impossible for the

Germans to pull out any of the committed divisions to

participate in the operations aimed against the

Americans.

Title: Taking Ter Hole

Type: Allied Advance (Polish vs. Germans)

Class: Semi-Historical

Date: 18th of September 1944

Time: Dawn

Terrain: Damp

Weather: Overcast

Length: 28 turns

Size: Large

In 4th of September 1944 the Allied forces captured

Antwerpen. In order to gain use of this great port the area

of Walcheren/Beveland had to be cleared from Germans. The

First step taken on the task was the capture of the

southern shores of Westerschelde. This task fell to

Crerar's 1st Canadian Army which had performed very well on

it's advance along the coast. The German resistance was

toughest in the ports where they fought with determination

usually managing to mine the harbor area and demolish the

port equipment.

This action was to be fought as part of the ill fated

"Operation Market Garden" and while the paratroopers

headed to the grim fighting ahead the Canadians moved

against the coastal defenses. Between 4th Armoured

Canadian Division (Major-General Foster) and 2nd Canadian

Division (under Major-General Foulkes) dashed the 1st

Polish Armoured Division (Major-General Maczek) facing the

remains of the 712th Infantry Division (Generalleutnant

Friedrich-Wilhelm Neumann). By dawn of 18th the Polish had

advanced to the outskirts of a village where Germans

hastily prepared defenses.

As soon as both FK&Cs and the LFHB are played the six best players will continue to the 4D challenge. This will produce the best Allied and Axis player who are to be rewarded and respected for their efforts.

-T

[Edited as I forgot to explain what this all means]

[ August 09, 2002, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: Traject0ry ]

Originally posted by ryddle:

Hi Guys,

I thought I would get this note out there before I'm completely drowned in work and forget to mention it.

I'll be away on business from Sunday Aug 25th - Thursday Aug. 29th

Cheers, eh?

-R

Oh I see, running away eh? Time to "review the strategy" eh?

PS. If you manage to find any of my troops could you pleaseplease send me the coordinates? Or should I just follow the ones you've "lit up"?

-23 Itk 61

Originally posted by 23 ItK 61:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ryddle:

Hi Guys,

I thought I would get this note out there before I'm completely drowned in work and forget to mention it.

I'll be away on business from Sunday Aug 25th - Thursday Aug. 29th

Cheers, eh?

-R

Oh I see, running away eh? Time to "review the strategy" eh?

PS. If you manage to find any of my troops could you pleaseplease send me the coordinates? Or should I just follow the ones you've "lit up"?

-23 Itk 61</font>

Your post was picked to show that INDEED we had agreed on no spoiler policy ;) .

Oh, well as long as I was just being made a gratuitous example of then that's all right.

Beat me whip me some more please master!! redface.gif