"Two Steps of Death" -thread

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps we'er all too busy playing??

I can never remember which game is which or who my opponents are.

however I can assure you that they are all a bunch of gamey gits and deserve to get beaten by much more than I'm doing!! smile.gif

Let's see - so far I've had a Pz-4 survivev a hit by a 6 pdr and a near miss by a bomb (like it was about 2 m away - the crater went uder the tank's base!) much to my opponent's disgust.

In another game I've taken a small advantage bywiping out an isolated Brit platoon for minimal loss with an audacious little blitzkreig, and I'm still awaiting replies to a couple of games - our new Allied C2 hasn't sent his setup back to me yet, and whoever it is in whicever it the otehr game I'm playing - Magnus?? - has been on holiday IIRC so hasn't done anything for a week.

But apart from that I am confident of cahnging the outcome of the war in favour of the beloved Fatherland.....or some other such nonsense.

Mike

Axis Z2

Cheers for the pep Mike smile.gif .

I'll manage now that I know that at least 1 other person is in to this thread tongue.gif .

Sounds like that you have ran to the same problem that many others do have with their opponents, some just are A LOT faster than the others. The general idea was to give each of you four opponents to play against in order to get at least one game running on the "fast track" keeping you all somewhat happy and giving you more patience with the slower lads around. The problen naturally is that this tournament shall take quite a while before being wrapped up but as none of us is paying anything for this (or getting paid) I hope we can settle any issues that are bound to arise on this subject later on.

One brave soul has actually uttered out an idea of dividing the tournament groups (for a later show that is) into "faster" and "slower" series referring to their turn sending rate (not wit :D ).

Hope you enjoy the games though (that goes for the rest of you as well) and being busy with the turns IS a proper excuse for not posting here ;) .

-T

Traject0ry, doan' you be talking no smack 'bout nobody before this tournament is over. I would hate for you to get banned.

Ok, where the hell am I again...

Ummm....

Arch Enemies, turn 5, dark and spooky still.

April Fools, Turn 22, praying for it to all just end.

Dies Ireas, Turn 5, I think I saw a scotsman on the far hill mooning me, the bastard.

Mech Bushman, turn 12, I think brutal close quarters combat is not far off.

Mechanized Bushmen (W2-C2)

April's Fool (X2-C2)

- Heard nothing so far. Did I got the right e-mail addresses? W2 and X2, juhuu, where aaareeee youuu? Please e-mail me @ cmbo@luukku.com.

Dies Irae (Y2-C2)

- Setup sent

- No ammo but I've got those FASDTC's (Finnish Anti-StarDestroyer Tea Cookies) available. Also reserved some soft buns and rolls to be thrown at advancing CC (former SS) troops!

Arch Enemies (Z2-C2)

- Setup sent

- Some miserable Fallschirmpuppies are hiding in the bushes and I've gotta spray them with some rodent repellant. Where are you, come out! Daddy's got some reaaally niiiice gifts for you!

/kuma

Originally posted by Kuma of Finland:

Arch Enemies (Z2-C2)

- Setup sent

- Some miserable Fallschirmpuppies are hiding in the bushes and I've gotta spray them with some rodent repellant. Where are you, come out! Daddy's got some reaaally niiiice gifts for you!

Oh daddy - can I pwease have my pwessies now??

Come and get me yah loud mouthed bad smelling tea drinking pommie git! tongue.gif;)

Originally posted by 86smopuim:

Traject0ry, doan' you be talking no smack 'bout nobody before this tournament is over. I would hate for you to get banned.[snip]

:confused:

What did I do THIS time :rolleyes: ...

No worries lad. If I'm kicked from BF I get a new personality. If that won't work I still got your e-mails. If I'm kicked from the internet it IS a bloody conspiracy :D .

-T

April's Fool (X2-C2)

- Heard nothing so far. Did I got the right e-mail addresses? W2 and X2, juhuu, where aaareeee youuu? [snip]

I'll check that for you. Busy for now but prolly got time later today. I would appreciate if people would inform me at this point about lads who have not returned a single mail or who have failed to send set up.

Keep me posted lads!

-T

Just a quick reminder. You were supposed to send me filled progress reports at each game end. I just got one from Sripe but am still missing some. If the others like they can send them as well because it is a good way for me to track down deserting participants ;) .

-T

Update.

April's Fool (X2-C2)

- Heard nothing so far. Got e-mail addresses from Traject0ry, sent out new e-mails. Waiting. :cool:

Dies Irae (Y2-C2)

- PBEM round 8 (game round 3 or something)

- Axis advancing ever so slowly. Canteen's busy spreading buns and rolls to the soldiers of the front line - orders are to mercilessly attack every single spotted Kraut with them.

Arch Enemies (Z2-C2)

- PBEM round 8 (game round 3 or something)

- No Fallschirmpuppets found yet, only wet markings dripped out from their pants. Called service phone number 0700-GASMASKS and asked for home delivery asap.

/kuma tongue.gif

[ August 05, 2002, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: Kuma of Finland ]

Dies Irae - turn 8 or so, smarting from Mike's blitzkreig :eek:

April Fools - turn 5, quiet

Mech. Bushmen/Arch Enemies I have received setups from mike_the_wino and Reade and will hopefully return them both this week.

Originally posted by Traject0ry:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 86smopuim:

Traject0ry, doan' you be talking no smack 'bout nobody before this tournament is over. I would hate for you to get banned.[snip]

:confused:

What did I do THIS time :rolleyes: ...

</font>

Here we go, let's see if I can get some of this in-line formatting working for me...

Arch-Nmies v. (A2) Marko. I've re-sent my last run and have had no reply over the last week.

Mechy-Bushy v. (B2) Rich. I've sent the setup and he's replied that he will get it back soon.

April's Fools v. (C2) Kuma Setup sent.

Dies Irae v. Paul. Move 33.. so that's probably turn 10 or so. Things are going well, however we are undergoing a legal squabble about who is responsible for cleaning up the mess once all is said and done. I figure that since he is the current tenant, it ought to come out of his damage deposit. I mean, if I'm forced to make him vacate the premises... I should be reimbursed for incurred expenses, ya? Paul, you going to pay for my arty? smile.gif

Arch Enemies (Z2-C2)

Called service phone number 0700-GASMASKS and asked for home delivery asap.

Cool - please make sure you wear them so we won't die of fright at your ugliness!

Funnily enough it seems to me that the nefarious allies are hiding from the Falschirmjaeger's Finest in this one. We've sent out our scouts, our guide, even our venturers, and nary an enemy is to be seen!!

Come back - we wanna play - did you remember that you're supposed to move towards my edge of the battle field, and not off your own edge??

[ August 05, 2002, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: Mike ]

No probs smope, just thought you mean something I said (happens rather often). For the rest of you it seems to be getting personal. Good. Just don't cross the line lads ;) .

Marko's vacation should end soon enough so he'll be heading home. All that lan -gaming and partying over here might cause some further delay on his turns though tongue.gif .

The rest of you seem to get it going okay.

-T

Originally posted by Mike:

Just the one - there'll be more cursing by my opponent in Mech Bushmen I think!! :D

Just you wait. You'll soon feel the force of 'The Charge of The Tank Brigade', minus the tanks of course which you so kindly relieved me of. :mad:

Originally posted by Mike:

Bah - stop whinging!!

You've still got bucket loads of those gamey Stuarts and a Cromwell hiding somewhere.

And what, pray tell, is so gamey about stuarts. Not half as gamey as your PzIV surviving multiple blasts from my 6pdr plus a nigh on direct hit from my "gamey" fly boys, who, incidentally have made another pass and crippled one of your other tanks WOOOO HOOOOOO :D

Hey - your 6 pdr only hit it once, and if my P-IV is only "crippled" then I'm more than happy!! :D

your reply awaits my lunchtime - in which I shall becoem a legend in my own mind! ;)

Ha!! you immobilised the P-IV where it was going to anyway - it now has a clear shot on a platoon of 1/2 trk borne infantry so you can kiss your right flank nitey-nite now!! lol

[cockyness]Boy I hope you get some reinforcements soon, 'cos otherwise this isn't going to be much of a gmae!![/cockyness]

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Ah, I have to intervene on your otherwise nice argument by starting my own BUT -

we have agreed not to reveal too much of the scenarios here. I'm sure MOST of you have already gotten "Mech" far enough but due to continuous replacements and delays some people might not be aware of the reinforcements (etc.) so no names or numbers please. Bragging and cockyness is allowed though tongue.gif .

Nice to see that people are finding a proper use for this topic :D .

-T