"Two Steps of Death" -thread

Originally posted by Offwhite:

Craig and Tero - are you guys there? If you didn't get my last file, let me know so I can re-send. smile.gif

Allied C1

Yes, Craig is about but a leetle slow peut etre (but feel the quality of the moves) but no sign of Tero at all.

Come back Tero! We need you! Before we all transfer to the Russian Front to be confronted by severely undermodelled Finnish SMG squads.

Regards,

Nigel

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Schmegeg Report:

D v X Audacity @ Aullion 57 for D 43 for X

This was my absolute favorite scenario not just the unit mix but the way the whole battle played out. Boy was I shocked to find that I do not have market cornered in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. This one came right down to the wire each losing our last tank within seconds of each other. :D What a great scenario and a great opponent. This was my final battle for this tournament and I would like to thank all of my opponents for a great series. The main point I would like to point out is that there was no gamey tactics used by anybody in these encounters. And that all of these games has introduced me to individuals that I would consider friends. tongue.gif

Originally posted by Determinant:

[snip]Come back Tero! We need you! Before we all transfer to the Russian Front to be confronted by severely undermodelled Finnish SMG squads.

Regards,

Nigel

I thought I heard he was on a summer camp. He'll be back within a week methinks...

Originally posted by schmegeg:

The Schmegeg Report:

D v X Audacity @ Aullion 57 for D 43 for X

This was my absolute favorite scenario

Mine too. Prolly the very best I have ever played. Hope that Boyd does not read this topic :D .

It would get to his head ;) .

-T

LOL!!

would Boyd be walking next to his shoes than?? :D

Anyway it was a great battle even better than the Birds of prey and the Hello 2nd panzer battle(although I lost it)

But its not too bad if you loose to an opponent who plays better. ;)

regarding gamey tactics,I really hate people who play that way.

Ussually I quit a battle with a surrender and a thank you note if a player displays too many gamey tactics but only after a friendly formulated warning :rolleyes:

Fortunately (or should i say sadly)that happened only 2 times in all those years I play this wonderfull game.

Originally posted by Traject0ry:

Loads of feedback are pouring in as I hoped.

Random reinforcement insertions

Yes, they are unfair :rolleyes: . War is not fair. As I'm a democrat I could have a vote (Yea/Nay) for fixed arrivals but IMHO as this tournament IS SUPPOSED to be about reacting to the surprises and changing conditions of the battlefield I'd love to have them included. Somebody has done very well in one of the games though his luck was so rotten that the promised reinforcements never materialized.

Perhaps so - one wonders how many more points he/she may have received if the reinforcemnts had arrived.

Remember that in this type of tournament we are not actually competing against our game opponents, but against the other players playing our side.

So if I get reinforcemnts and anotehr German player doesn't then that's not fair on hte other German player - I don't care about hte allies!! :D

I have no problem with uneven games - as long as my games are just as uneven as every other Axis players games so we Axis players are competing evenly.

And lets finish this in CNBO - that's what it was all about to start off with - CMBB can be an excuse for more games!! ;)

re: Random reinforcments.

Keep 'em in. I like that side of the games. Heck, even false/misleading mission statements at the beginning would be interesting. ;)

(having them being random would also offset any accidental spoilers)

-r

Mech. Bushmen (Axis W1) - file 07 sent 11 Aug.

OffWhite, I didn't get this for some reason. Actually I haven't received anything from Jerry (Dies Irae) for a while either. Sounds like my email must have screwed up somehow. I have emailed all my opponents that I have not received turns from for a while to check. I going to rev up my replies a bit and reply the same day I get the turn to speed things up a bit.

Guest BigAlMoho

Allied A (BigAlMoho@aol.com) vs. Axis Y (tdfxman@yahoo.com) in "Audacity at Auillon" (LFHB)

65 - 35: Allied Tactical Victory

Originally posted by Caesar:

Actually I haven't received anything from Jerry (Dies Irae) for a while either. Sounds like my email must have screwed up somehow.

I havent heard from Jerry in 2 weeks, 1 day now. If you do here from him, please let me know, or post here, or somefink.

[ August 25, 2002, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: 86smopuim ]

Originally posted by Offwhite:

Opponents, checka ya inboxes. Finally got to sit down at the computer after a weekend of hosting family and spending today at an airshow (it was worth the drive and the sunburn to see the Thunderbirds, IMO). Now for 3 hours sleep and off to work, oh goody.

Allied C1

Please resend. Or is it just me ?

On a similar note: Where have all my opponents vanished ? Sound off !!!

AxisWhatever smile.gif

Thank you brave souls for stating YHOs. As I'm running a tournament FOR you (though I get to feel the heat as well...) the idea is to get feedback and make decisions for the future.

The problems you've been having with e-mail should vanish if you regularly keep demanding for missing turns. In that case a mail that was not delivered can be resent more quickly. Read the topic if turns are late. Many guys are polite enough to post here if they are away. Some are also clever enough to post if the opponents don't reply to their mails. I hope these things are sorted out without further difficulty.

I've been away meself for about 40 hours (weekend off, local music video festival demanded my presence. Nothing happens here without me ;) )and am catching up with the workload both with the tourney and in RL.

Keep posting and playing lads. I like to hear from any sort of trouble you engage during the tournament as I know that some things are bound to bug you. Just splurt it out and I try to make things better.

-T

Originally posted by Stoffel:

Hi Mikko,

[snip]

Btw who was that lucky person........? :rolleyes:

If you are referring to the lad who managed a victory though lacking reinforcements it was rjohnson@invoqsystems.com who managed this in the "Arch Enemies" scenario. Other guys could have managed it as well but this one I could verify... ;)

-T

[Edited as I got a new keyboard with a propely functioning "E" key tongue.gif ]

[ August 26, 2002, 04:30 AM: Message edited by: Traject0ry ]

Hello all,

W2 signing on.

UPDATE

A2 (Dius Irae): I advance. Victory is mine...whooops, damn gopher hole. I will sit here for a bit and nurse my sore ankle.

B2 (Arch Enemies): It is still dark.

C2 (Mechanized Bushmen): I thought I saw a chariot on the horizon.....hhhhmmmm, nevermind, I will bask here in the sun.

D2 (April's Fool): I am laying down the most cunning counter-strike ever..details when I crush the foul Amis.

Anyone not getting turns from me now, post or email. Work has allowed me time until next Wednesday, 11/4/2002.

Dius Irae: Turn 11 now. They lobbed some 2 or 3"

haggis at me for a turn or 2. But now.. now the going gets tough.

Arch Enemies: Opponent away 'til the 28th, at which time I will CRUSH him.

Mechanized Bushmen: been 17 days since contact with opponent. emails unanswered. anyone seen jdejohn @ someplace.com?

April's Fool: This one is still over, except the nightmares and shaking.

[ August 27, 2002, 04:15 AM: Message edited by: 86smopuim ]

hehehe,evil smiling as i report a..............DRAW :D:D

Axis x(stoffel) against allied c(CJ thunfelt)in Aprils Fool day

Good game,where I was able to setup a good double defensive line.

Got armorkills with my good old panzerfausts smile.gif

Managed to do well with my armor,1 to 1 kill ratio against churchills isnt bad with soft skinned turretless armor

Thanks CJ for a good game!

Okay, Good job all and keep it up further. My correspondence is swamped and I'm drowning on the current workload. Damn'd RL!

I'll get back to you on Friday (My day off and the bird will flap to see her granny!) and I hope to scrape up ALL the necessary time then to get this going smoothly.

-T

Looking over last post I see that I mistated date. 11/4/2002? Egads I need more sleep.

Quick update:

W2vsA2 - No word for 5-6 days now. I know he is in the States and using a hotmail account...that's all.

W2vsB2 - It's still dark but turns are being exchanged. At some point it will end.

:rolleyes:

W2vsC2 - His (?) just killed one of my (censored). :mad: And his damn dog is messing all over the place. I think the lil doggy wizzed on my (censored) and rusted the action. :D

W2vsD2 - ugh!

[ August 28, 2002, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: mike the wino ]

Only 4 turns to go vs the mad Finn, and his colanders outnumber mine by 3-1 without me getting any [CENSORED]. ;)

Otherwise it's night, and there's smoke, and we can't see a bloody thing so who knows what's actually going on??!! lol