"Two Steps of Death" -thread

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A result in Arch Enemies!!

The Mad Finn (C2) was soundly defeated by my brave boys (Z2) 66-34, and my reinforcements never arrived either!! :D

(Oh, and his did - I think)

Arch Enemies C2-Z2

Time run out and the end result is saddening for Allied side. 66-34 is more than enough to make me :mad: . All the whipping-boys will be sent to the Russian front as part of the Lend-and-Forget -program. They will make grand mine detectors tongue.gif

As I browsed the kill records afterwards I couldn't find any heros - most of them just "no kills". I think most of the 54 German casualties just committed a suicide because of the boredome ;)

The faults - which I won't admit, of course - were that my troops were advancing way too slowly and half of my troops were on the wrong side of the map and entered the actual battle a way too late. There were also some other points here but I skip them to avoid any spoilers.

Congratulations to my fierce enemy Mike who beat me with kindergarten boys and inhabitants of nursing home - I especially enjoyed the fierce bigmouthing. I had to check from my dictionary what the heck was "colander". Too good description of my AFV's I guess.

Only if I had few more rounds to use I could have wiped the battle field with Feldgrau :D

/kuma

Originally posted by Kuma of Finland:

Arch Enemies C2-Z2

As I browsed the kill records afterwards I couldn't find any heros - most of them just "no kills". I think most of the 54 German casualties just committed a suicide because of the boredome ;)

Troops often do not know what casualties they have caused during the battle, and the stats are not updated at the end of the game.

Congratulations to my fierce enemy Mike who beat me with kindergarten boys and inhabitants of nursing home - I especially enjoyed the fierce bigmouthing. I had to check from my dictionary what the heck was "colander". Too good description of my AFV's I guess.

Only if I had few more rounds to use I could have wiped the battle field with Feldgrau :D

Yeah yeah yeah - if I had a few more turns my [censored] would have arrived and made a few more colanders out of your [censored]s!! :D

Yea the taunting was fun - and it's still going on!! lol

Originally posted by C-J

It was a very exciting battle.

Thanks Patrik for a good fight.

Is that "The Tanklord" Patrik? IF so, please get back to losing to my Green Canadien troops. :D

Well a busy weekend on this end. Gamed a bunch, downloaded the CMBB demo about 6 or 7 times before I got it to run :rolleyes: , and got turns in and out all weekend. And I still got the lawn mowed and both bathrooms cleaned. Now for updates.

W2vsA2: 1 flag is mine..still. The rest are his and his (censored) got my (censored) but I can still (censored) so its actually working out well.

W2vsB2: Its dark but we are now shooting at each other. This is a vast improvement from it being dark and Rich driving his Winnabegos all over the map looking for a camping spot.

W2vsC2: Kuma is still Finnish...oh, and the game is proceeding nicely as well. :D

W2vsD2: Not sure how the other Axis players did with this one. I know I saw one win but I think this is the last "April's Fool" game going. Not looking for spoilers just hope that something can be salvaged from this meat-grinder. :eek:

[ September 03, 2002, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: mike the wino ]

Update delayed by the CMBB phenomenon.

Mechanized Bushmen W2-C2

- File 25 or something (can't remember now) sent.

- One enemy soda pop can popped with soda pop can popper :D Otherwise waiting for my [CENSORED] to [CENSORED].

April's Fool X2-C2

- File 30 or something (can't remember now) sent.

- Advancing on the fields. Troops taking some sun on the way. Oh, what's that there in the distance? Oh, just another Germie boy running to home. Nothing to worry. ;) (Anybody remember Gen. Custer?)

Dies Irae Y2-C2

- File 68 sent.

- Yikes, the enemy Blitzgrieg is rolling over my poor lads! I get [CENSORED] and [CENSORED] them on the next round... Even my [CENSORED] is hitting my own troops! And enemy's assault killed my only [CENSORED]! Oooh, horror! (Don't worry, I'm actually okay. This is just part of the tactics so opponent thinks it's okay to start final rush. And there will be my über-Finn reinforcements with their tooth sticks and soft buns waiting to create havoc upon the enemy! :D )

Arch Enemies Z2-C2

- Lost battle to basic school kids, grandfathers and kitchen equipment collector! redface.gif

/kuma

Result X2 vs B2 Mechanised Bushmen

Draw, Axis 54 Allied 46

Much relieved at this result which was better than I'd hoped after the terrible pounding my armour took from a single [CENSORED]. I lucked out with a [CENSORED] which destroyed all of his [CENSORED], and tipped the balance slightly back in my favour.

Do we still need all this censorship?

In the other scens, April's Fool is near the end. I'm not sure I could have covered the length of the map in 30 turns even if there was no opposition! Arch Enemies is on around turn 8, and we've finally found each other in the darkness!

please keep the censoring up as I haven't even found the enemy yet in arch enemies - the others are abit more advanced but I feel it would be unfair if I got to know stuff earlier than others have.

Cheers and hopefully I'll finnish this torney before the rewrite ;)

Originally posted by Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Wojtek:

Arch Enemies is on around turn 8, and we've finally found each other in the darkness!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aww...isn't that sweet!!

Now, now...as long as they are having a good time. ;)

Well it looks like CMBB demo has done little to slacken the pace of my games. My own ineptitude, on the other hand, has gone to great lengths to slow all forward progress.

W2vsA2 - I think he got a (censored) and a couple of (censored) just recently as (censored). Turn 15 or so.

W2vsB2 - This is the kinda stuff that used to run through my head when I was alone in the dark as a kid. Maybe I read too many books on WW2 as a youngster. :D

W2vsC2 - I fear we may have lost Kuma to CMBB...he admitted to being swayed by the swaying trees. Turn 12-ish.

W2vsD2 - I think the carnage is continuing nicely. Turn 20 of 30, only 10 more turns before my loss.

Whooooo-hoooooo!!!!!!

[ September 06, 2002, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: mike the wino ]

April Fools: Turn ~14 - I just saw another German!

Dies Irae: Turn ~16 - Germans everywhere. What I wouldn't give for a flight of Typhoons...

Mech. Bushmen and Arch Enemies Haven't heard from these opponents for a few days; they must be having fun with the demo.

Just for kicks: Yelnia Stare: (vs. AI) Turn ~13 - Having some success moving untried Red troops toward the enemy. Finally threw caution to the wind and moved 3 tanks to within 200m of the flag... and was rewarded with several new spottings and some canister kills. Dunno what I'd do without the thickskins...

Originally posted by mike the wino:

Originally posted by Mike

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

Originally posted by Wojtek:

Arch Enemies is on around turn 8, and we've finally found each other in the darkness!

Aww...isn't that sweet!!

Now, now...as long as they are having a good time. ;)

</font>

April Fools: X

Mech B: Havent heard from opponent in ~1 month now. No reply to my emails. Probably due to his

suprisingly high casualties for little gain.

Dies Aries: Turn 15. Putting the smack down on those crazy highlanders.

Arch Enemies:

Havent heard from opponent in 1.5 weeks. desim, did you forget me?

About turn 7?. Still Dark and still spooky.