Gamiest units in game

yep, I need those wacky suckas. Can anyone fill me in on the gamiest units in game and how ou use them to be "gamey"

I plan on making a utteraly bizarre scenario melding all the accusations of "gameyness" into one giant..well...you know..

BTW: I am using this forum because the combat mission discussion forum went kaput

My good day, I list them all :

* SMG squads, make them mow down enemies at short range (run into them if necessary !!) :D:D

* Puppchen : buy 10 of them for the price of 2 ATGs, make a barbecue with allied tanks ! :D

* 37mmAA Flak : this thing is surprisingly mostly immune to small arms, and eat Stuarts at breakfast :eek: Inf killer too !!

* 150mm+ arty - not really "gamey", they just bury the enemy troops !! :eek:

* AT Pillboxes - in a small QB there's some chance that your opponent won't have heavy AT assets...If the map is open (often !) this thing is like an indestructible immobile Panzer with MUCH ammo smile.gif

* Wasp !!! Again only in armor light scenarios

Ultimate Gamey force:

12 kubelwagons and 10 Pumas for suicide recon behind enemy lines.

3 companies of SMG squads for short range firepower

12 Puppchens for AT defense.

12 Hetzers for inexpensive mobile AT defense

10 of the Heaviest Rocket FOs available.

30 elite sharpshooters

12 King Tigers for the ultimate gameyness money can buy.

All of these units fall under Hitler's new fighting force dubbed: Kamfgroup Gameybastard

The players using the computers and directing the game moves. For that matter all the parts of the Game are in fact gamey in that they are a part of a greater Game whole. OK, I will go away now, too tired and getting a bit silly...

If we speak "mismodeled" and "mismodeled to be too strong" unit, then probably the SdKfz 7/2 and 7/1.

If we speak underpriced, then the .50cal on the M3A1 and M5A1 halftracks with unlimited ammo.

If we say overly effective for the price and at the same time a great unit for fast-paced surpises or experienced players, then probably M8 HMC or Wasp.

If we speak "makes too much of a difference in a game", the Pueppchen.

[ 09-29-2001: Message edited by: redwolf ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stoffel:

there are no gamey units in this game.

only problem is there are people who try to find gamey ways to use these units instead of using them for the purpose they were made for.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the case of Recon jeeps, but is not the case with SMGs, Puppchen, SdKfz 7/x or Hetzers... As already said they either are "too powerful" relative to their historical counterparts and/or underpriced when played in QB ... Lastly "rarity factor" is the last missing factor, allowing for hordes of Puppchen, JagdPanthers, etc..

So there are gamay units and gamey players :eek:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stoffel:

Pascal, the answer to the units you named is simple,battle parameters!

choose june 44 and voila!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, gamey Germans appear in '45 mainly, in June 44 you can try the Hotchkiss :eek:

Allied in June have the dreaded 14" naval guns, and I also like to have more choice for allied armor than the early Sherms and Brits tanks...