And the clouds parted, the earth trembled, the animals cowered and a BONE EMERGED!!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First post on these boards

Those are some awsome pics, I am doing tank models as a hobby and there better than what I have been able to do. Of course I am new to modeling. Sure I can use CMBB to guide my model efforts :D:D

Great job Mad Matt

What the hell are "minor nature" vehicles? Those new gas/electric hybrid cars?

Nice shots. I'm struck by the fact that the little things make such a difference in the overall feeling of "realness", i.e., the foggy/damp look in the "overcast with pines" shot (you can feel it), the 3Dish grass, the great skies....and the whole lighting effect seems somehow much more realistic. Is it just me, or does the entire lighting effect seem far more realistic?

Maybe I'm just swooning...

Oh, joy!

By the way, Matt: please no more "emerging bone" visuals. Thanks.

[ August 08, 2002, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Jack Arilliac ]

Rocks !!! Real, honest to god, palpable (well alright, not quite), full bodied rocks !!!

Ah, but there's no moss or little tufts of grass on them. Modders, battle stations !!!

Are they doodads ? Do they provide COVER ?

Is it the end of the troublesome 'rough' tile ?

[ August 08, 2002, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: Sgt_Kelly ]

Glad you like'em guys smile.gif

Ciks, I took the shots on a Geforce 3 card, TI500. The res was 1280x1024, or something like that.

Sgt_Kelly, moss just doesnt look right in the hot Russian steppe ;) Doodads themselves are just a visual enhancement, but the terrain tile they are in do provide the suitable cover, concelment, etc.

If time permits guys I hope to take some more for you in the next few days, but no promises...

Dan

[ August 08, 2002, 04:25 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Ciks, I took the shots on a Geforce 3 card, TI500. The res was 1280x1024, or something like that

Could you, guys, if you have a spare minute (i know you don't), show us two shots of the same picture, one from computer with decent V-RAM, one with 8MB or 16MB video card. Just to see how texture downsampling works. Please?

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Awright folks. There's three Stug IIIs in the third picture and EACH of them have a diffferent camo scheme. What's up with that? They all look like IIIg's too.

Yes, looks like BFC has gone extra generous on us StuG lovers, offering three versions of the model G. Early production, with saukopfblende and the ultimate late production with remote MG and, probably, Nahverteidigungswaffe.

Then again, with almost 8000 units produced the G deserves a bit of attention.

Nice smile.gif

M.

[ August 08, 2002, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Mattias ]

Those SS's are awesome. Great job on CMBB so far .. the wait will be worth it.

The one thing I would like to see is a screenshot of a tank firing, the firing effect in CMBO just doesn't look that great.

Also, while i'm wishing, i'd love to be able to hold down the middle mouse button and move the mouse to be able to rotate/pitch the camera, plus having the mouse wheel zoom in and out.

Wamphyri

ps. If there is a SS of that or info on the mouse thing elsewhere accept my appology.. I can't seen to be able to keep up with all the post in this place =)

Great Pictures, especially the grass is great !

And therefore i come right to my question (maybe answered a thousand times already, sorry):

When you're crawling in the grass as inf will you be covered from being seen by enemy if at about the same Height (Of course the observer being upright or halfupright)...

Greets

Daniel