Peng Tripods: Challenging The Myth

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by CMplayer:

Sorry guys 'n gals, the memories keep bubbling up...The first season was just brilliant, great stuff: </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

Joey, put down the knife!

Why are we here? We don't belong in space. We're polluting it!

Joey, no!

That scene is so intense on pot, almost as good as Baretta.

Okay I'll stop now.</font>

Originally posted by AussieJeff:

If it wasn't for the fact that it is currently ANZAC day over here, I'd take yer manky carcass aside right now and wipe my feet on it. Then I'd post it off to Berli's dog BOZO for a light snack..

What makes you think I'd eat that?

*BITE*

Berli your squire is stupid

[serious]Here's to you mates, may there always be ANZACS and may they always be on our side! [/serious]

Whew! Well that wasn't too bad considering, I'd been half afraid that putting that in the record might cause some irrevoc ... gacckkk! ... sorry, some irrevocable har ... GGAAACCCKKKK! ... whew, now that wasn't fun at all, where was I, oh yeah, some irrevocable harm to my ... GGGACCCCCCCAAAAAKKKKKKKK! ...

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

[serious]Here's to you mates, may there always be ANZACS and may they always be on our side! [/serious]

Whew! Well that wasn't too bad considering, I'd been half afraid that putting that in the record might cause some irrevoc ... gacckkk! ... sorry, some irrevocable har ... GGAAACCCKKKK! ... whew, now that wasn't fun at all, where was I, oh yeah, some irrevocable harm to my ... GGGACCCCCCCAAAAAKKKKKKKK! ...

Joe

Well, thank you Sir Joh. It is your sincere and most honourable thoughts that count. Your unsullied reputation remains intact IMHO.

Respectfully,

AJ

PS: {Gaaackkkkk...kkk!!}

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bozo:

What makes you think I'd eat that?

*BITE*

Berli your squire is stupid

Good Bozo, Nice Bozo!

Who's a good dog?!?! You're a good dog! Yes you are!! Yes you are!!!</font>

Dear Idjit Dalem. There are no <U>good</U> or <U>nice</U> Bozo's in Berli's house. Bozo is a vicious mongrel, and does not take to patting or petting kindly. You have been warned.

Ooo, How could the widdle helwhoundy be viscious?!? He couldn't, could he? He couldn't could he?

Widdle helwhoundy-woundy!

Originally posted by Croda:

I imagine your parents aren't quite as proud.

April 24, 2002, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Croda

Good Netiquette reqires that your original contribution be longer than the blurb saying you edited your post. Please insert further witticisms (the same banal level will do fine)

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by OGSF:

Arrr ye tryin' tae say tha' Lady Penelope widnae a wee hottie?

What I'm trying to say is that she was a wee puppet you burbling skirt-wearer!</font>

Dear Idjit Dalem. There are no <U>good</U> or <U>nice</U> Bozo's in Berli's house. Bozo is a vicious mongrel, and does not take to patting or petting kindly.

Berli! Make your *BITE* squire SHUT UP!

Dalem don't listen to him, he's an idjit

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

U.F.O? That pretty much sucked canal water through a straw.

I've stood aside from this inane sci-fi prattling long enough. I will not hear of UFO being disparaged, especially by some squirely (not to mention squirrely) idiot who should've been crushed by a giant papier-maiche ham and then shot by Gregory Peck.

Gerry and Sylvia Anderson's tour de force UFO was nothing less than a grand, operatic vision of a dark future, replete with toy merchandising (I had a friend who had one of the missile-launching APCs, and my brother and I constructed our own rocket-fighter-launching submarines out of Legos, although ours also had design influences from Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea), creepy conspiracies, drug abuse, and moon bases crewed entirely by purple-haired hotties in tight sweaters and silver catsuits (which they switched for silver miniskirts when off duty, of course). A masterful blend of twisty plotting, grown-up themes, loads of toys, and gratuitously sexy costumes--indeed, the apotheosis of Bad SciFi. Repent your evil ways or it'll be another ep of Grogs in Space. Speaking of which, time for another episode of

UPDATES!

Hah! As if! I've played virtually no CM in the last month. Now my email is down, since those fascists at Yahoo started charging for POP access and the dunderheads at Earthlink have created a powerful set of on-line account management tools that are never available. But none of that matters because I'm going to be away from net access for the next three weeks anyhow.

To sum up:

Seanachai-- dying.

jdmorse--killing me.

Joe Shaw--both.

Croda, dalem(?), stevetherat--in well-deserved limbo, where I hope they rot away bit by bit, their healthy flesh nibbled at by dull-toothed little vermin while the rest festers and sloughs off in smelly little unpleasant heaps.

me--either languishing in goddam Norfolk or trying to get some goddam sleep with airplanes landing on the roof.

Now go and make sandcastles on Elugelab.

Agua Perdido

Originally posted by Agua Perdido:

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

U.F.O? That pretty much sucked canal water through a straw.

I've stood aside from this inane sci-fi prattling long enough. I will not hear of UFO being disparaged, especially by some squirely (not to mention squirrely) idiot who should've been crushed by a giant papier-maiche ham and then shot by Gregory Peck.

Gerry and Sylvia Anderson's tour de force UFO was nothing less than a grand, operatic vision of a dark future, replete with toy merchandising (I had a friend who had one of the missile-launching APCs, and my brother and I constructed our own rocket-fighter-launching submarines out of Legos, although ours also had design influences from Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea), creepy conspiracies, drug abuse, and moon bases crewed entirely by purple-haired hotties in tight sweaters and silver catsuits (which they switched for silver miniskirts when off duty, of course). A masterful blend of twisty plotting, grown-up themes, loads of toys, and gratuitously sexy costumes--indeed, the apotheosis of Bad SciFi. Repent your evil ways or it'll be another ep of Grogs in Space.

So, just out of curiosity, how drunk were you when you wrote this? I mean, obviously you were drunk enough to think that U.F.O. was a good program, which means I'm very impressed with your typing skills. In order for me to get that drunk (and we're talking drunk far beyond merely telling every person you see that "I really, really love you man!" and then hurling on your shoes), if I could even see the keyboard, I'd probably just bang some keys randomly and then after my head crashed down on the center of the board, you'd just get 47 pages of the letter "U". One long vowel movement, in other words.

But wow, you actually sounded faily sober. I applaud you. Now go lie down before you get the "whirly's", ya big nimrod.

[ April 25, 2002, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]