CMBB Hit

Right, the haiku thread has reappeared, and now for the best thread ever (no, I can not be bothered to dig out the link, I am hoping someone even sadder than me will do that).

So, with the impending release of CMBB to the Great Unwashed™, err sorry, the general public, what sort of alcoholic beverage do people look forward to partake in while dismembering the heroic defenders of the working class, or chopping up the steel-chinned defenders of the Fatherland?

If I was more of a man, Vodka would be the tipple of my choice, instead I settle for a nice glass of Bushmills Malt, courtesy of John, preceded by a bottle of Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout from Tadcaster. Alternatively, a bottle of Skullsplitter Strong Ale for those Stalingrad scenarios.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andreas how long have you been on this forum? Two or three years now? Still you manage to post a thread about the consumption of alcohol in the CM forum? General forum, what is that? Gin and tonic, what is that? That is what I will drink, but I guess that you already knew that. :D

M

Originally posted by DrAlimantado:

Andreas how long have you been on this forum? Two or three years now? Still you manage to post a thread about the consumption of alcohol in the CM forum? General forum, what is that? Gin and tonic, what is that? That is what I will drink, but I guess that you already knew that. :D

M

Bah, G&T is for people who populate the general forum. Just upholding a tradition, but what do you Swedes now about that...

Originally posted by wwb_99:

I have a bottle of really cheap vodka, which I plan to drink after not showering for 9 days, eating only stale back bread and sitting in a tub of icewater to really get the feel.

WWB

Well, there are a couple drinks that come to mind. One of them is called A Huge Amount of Vodka. This is a drink I had a great deal of in Russia.

First thing you do is buy a huge amount of vodka. (Being a snob, I usually bought Stolichnya or Moskovskaya.) Then, you get a glass, like a highball glass, and fill it two thirds of the way up with vodka. The colder it is the better, but I've had this piss warm. Then you drink the vodka.

It helps to have some snacks around to soak up the booze. And it helps to have some friends around to soak up the booze. And to carry you home.

The other drink is called A Huge Amount of Beer, and it works pretty much the same way, although it takes a bit longer to drink, and you use a slightly bigger glass, but you get the idea.

There is one more drink that is uniquely Russian, as far as I can tell. Of course, I'm not a completely depraved boozehound like some of you so this may exist outside of Russia, even though Ive not seen it.

The drink is called Severnaya Siyaniya, which means Northern Lights. To make it, you take a glass of champagne, and dump a shot of what the russians called "spirt" (roll the r) into it. As near as I can tell, spirt is like everclear or grain alcohol.

This won't light you up like pure samogon, but it will do the job.

I won't be having any when I play, however. I prefer gentler tipples.

[ August 27, 2002, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Terence ]

Nikolashka, the tradional drink of cavalry and cossacks.

Vodka, in a short glass covered by a lemon slice topped with coffee grounds.

Eat the lemon/coffee mixture.

Chase with the vodka.

Put on your spurs and ride.

It's a bloody good way to get in the spirit of things lads.

A fine single malt Scotch whisky should do the trick.

I've not yet had a taste of the Irish that Andreas mentioned ... Bushmill's Malt. I'll have to keep an eye open for that one. For those who have a fondness for Irish whiskey, any other suggestions?

[ August 27, 2002, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Moriarty ]

As it happens, I don't usually mix alcohol and CM anymore. Maybe I will again when it's CMBB time.

In some sort of replacement habit, I always watch a new episode of Band of Brothers in company of a good glass of single malt. Lagavulin and Laphroaig being the favourites, but Bunnahabhain, Scapa or Talisker also go down well.

BTW, it is indeed a tradition to start the "hit" threads in CM forum.

Then , according to tradition, a BFC employee will padlock the thread and

move it to general forum, commenting how he hates to do it but rules

are rules and so on..

Oh, and I'm more sad than GB:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=001044

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=005859

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=002388

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=003364

.. way sadder..

The second one is the one

[ August 27, 2002, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Jarmo ]

Robocrack (Tour strength formula)

1/3 Peppermint Schnapps 101

1/3 Jolt Cola

1/3 Robotussin DM (has to be DM!)

Wash it down with a shot of Wesson Oil.

It won't kill you, it will give you that

"I havent washed in days & I'm sick of eating this straw & flour black bread they keep giving us" and "look SPIDERS!"

* disclaimer * not for children or adults. * ;)

Really don't do this..

And yes it's been drank before.

DO NOT SUBSTITUTE SCHNAPPS WITH RUBBING ALCOHOL IN A PINCH!!

Originally posted by patolino:

Pitää kai varastaa Mäkilältä kiljupönttö.

(don't ask for translation ;) )

Could I have a translation please?

Kvass is the drink of horsemen!!

So I'll be supping beer and or red wine thank you!! :D

Unlike you Dres I can put down the straight vodka. Hell, I am damn near an alcoholic goat. Can drink damn near anything anytime. Two things I can't put down gin and Southern Comfort (teenage bad experience).

So, I will follow you instructions (you are a beta tester after all) and pick me a up bottle of Russian vodka for next Sunday night. Thanks for the idea...of course my wife and baby won't be thanking you but I do.

Originally posted by Andreas:

[snips] what sort of alcoholic beverage do people look forward to partake in while dismembering the heroic defenders of the working class, or chopping up the steel-chinned defenders of the Fatherland?

Many years ago, we ran a big Russian Front 1/76th miniatures game in which players were given a "silver bullet" each time they performed some act of note. A "silver bullet" is if my memory fails me correctly equal parts of schnapps and vodka. In our game, these were presented on a Queen's Regiment silver salver, and had to be downed in one.

All the best,

John.