Quid Nomen Tuum Peng? (The Challenge)

A note to Joe Shaw I am Mace's squire but I'm not Australian , look in an Atlas , find the lovely Caribbean Island of Trinidad , thats where I come from . Its true my Liege is trying to have me Kannigeted , but so far he has failed and I continue to guard the flock .
Oh my it's worse than I thought then. Still, if Mace will simply confirm that you have completed your Squire's Quest it's a done deal.

In the OLDE days we used to be able to tell donchaknow, from the games posted on Lorak's website. Once a Squire had completed five CessPool games he was made Knight, but then some idiot (I'm thinking Seanachai but it might just as easily have been an Australian) decided that On No, that would be too easy, no we shall have a Quest that a Squire shall complete.

No order about it, nothing to ensure that the quest was of sufficient difficulty or length, nothing to PROVE the worth of said Squire. I mean after all, if Stuka were the liege he'd doubtless think that merely posting a couple of lines without double posting would be sufficient. Of course in HIS case it would be a difficult and time consuming task so maybe that's the fly in the ointment.

The olde days are gone for good I fear, and the CessPool is the lesser for it.

Joe

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

I call it Panzer Leader of Old Mars" Enjoy.

Oh, and for the few left who have already read it - refresh your memory, good stuff!

Panzer Leader of Old Mars (Part the First)

The man stands alone, naked but for a cloth of lion's skin covering his loin...

The opening line cause me to do a 180 on my previous stance against censorship and book burning...

In the name of all that is good and decent in humanity, change the title to something like 'Any Man, Even One Hideously Deformed and Ugly, So Long As It Is Not Panzer Leader Of Old Mars'

Oh, and you do realize that when you die and arrive in the Afterlife, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Robert Howard, and Fritz Lieber are all going to be waiting there to kick the ever-loving ****e out of you, don't you?

[ October 18, 2002, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

On No, that would be too easy, no we shall have a Quest that a Squire shall complete.

yeh yeh, 5 games played; sheep cared for.

We can make the sheep husbandry the quest.

I think Simon's suffered enough.

Mace

Originally posted by Mace:

Speedy will no doubt be in here to whinge about our mutual ISP, bigpond, (more like bigloadofcr*p), since they decided to break down all of Saturday morning and take the whole nation with them.

Well I got in first! So neener neener neener!

Mace

HAHAHA sucked in, I was at work!

?

Originally posted by Simon Elwen:

A note to Joe Shaw I am Mace's squire but I'm not Australian , look in an Atlas , find the lovely Caribbean Island of Trinidad , thats where I come from . Its true my Liege is trying to have me Kannigeted , but so far he has failed and I continue to guard the flock .

I have heard of an aeroplane called a Trinidad but I have never heard of a place called a Trinidad. Are you sure you live there?

Originally posted by Speedy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Simon Elwen:

I have heard of an aeroplane called a Trinidad but I have never heard of a place called a Trinidad. Are you sure you live there?</font>

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

On No, that would be too easy, no we shall have a Quest that a Squire shall complete.

yeh yeh, 5 games played; sheep cared for.

We can make the sheep husbandry the quest.

I think Simon's suffered enough.

Mace</font>

Something is very wrong with the world.

Last night, my wonderful wife, the lovely MrsSpkr, a fine, devout Baptist woman, a woman who dislikes the fact I have an occasional drink or two, suggested it might be in my best interest to smoke a little weed.

It frightened me, it truly did.

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Something is very wrong with the world.

Last night, my wonderful wife, the lovely MrsSpkr, a fine, devout Baptist woman, a woman who dislikes the fact I have an occasional drink or two, suggested it might be in my best interest to smoke a little weed.

It frightened me, it truly did.

Steve

Did she weed? or did she say weed?

Maybe she thought that drinking all that woolite was far more harmful for you than an occasional toke.

[ October 19, 2002, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Is Niblett or Nidan or whatever his name is a squire or just a serf? If he is serf, I wish to take him to be my squire as my squire, Lurker seems to be AWOL. Either that or one of you lot killed and ate him, in which case I hope you contract mad cow disease.

If Noogie or Nidan or whatever is already squired to some other pinhead in here, I will challenge said Kanigget for him or will trade some lawn furniture.

What say ye?

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Is Niblett or Nidan or whatever his name is a squire or just a serf? If he is serf, I wish to take him to be my squire as my squire, Lurker seems to be AWOL. Either that or one of you lot killed and ate him, in which case I hope you contract mad cow disease.

If Noogie or Nidan or whatever is already squired to some other pinhead in here, I will challenge said Kanigget for him or will trade some lawn furniture.

What say ye?

Oh..oh!.....

Grasshopper guts.

Yup, that's right...grasshopper guts.

Need I say more?

and then, this one time at band camp, I stuck some gamey updates into the pool...

Lorak really does suck. He's looking for "A Warm Place to Sleep", and his men are soon to be horizontal...but I'm not sure if sleep is the correct term to use.

Simon is soonest to commence dying-a-lot in Gefechtsaufklaerung (jezuz where do they get these names? or is it something from a random letter generator?) from a wittle bitty mortar and a half squad. Too bad all he has is a bunch of armor and a batallion of men on a map the size of a postage stamp.

Lurker has the cowardly communistas in some atrocity called Kalinin Raid. As soon as the rest of his splodey things go boomy from driving too close to infantry it should be easy for my uberkubelwagons to rout the rest of his forces.

That is all. Back in another few months probably.

Harv