Quid Nomen Tuum Peng? (The Challenge)

Maybe for an anthem we should go with the George Harrison favorite "I, Me, Mine", being that this place is full of egotistical, self-centered, pontificating louts, it is only fitting we sing of selfishness.

"All I can hear, I, me, mine, I, me, mine, I, me mine, even those tears, I, me, mine, I, me, mine, I, me mine. No one's fighting or leaving it, everyone's breathing it, growing more strongly than wine, all I can hear, I, me, mine."

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Oh well, it could be worse... SNIP ---

All of my opponents should be aware that I'll be incommunicado (which is a long Latin ... maybe Greek ... or Spanish or something, who cares, word that means out of communism, or somefink) from Tuesday through Thursday.

--- SNIP

Joe

This must be a good time to mention that Sir Foule Joe and I have completed the 300 points AI picked, monster of a game to my complete satisfaction.

To whit - an, 83 - 17 Victory to me. My glorious green troops were to much for the Uber Germanskis to stop in their glorious creeping to victory. It was total incompetence on Joe's part that allowed this win. He would have been better letting the AI play for him.

Noba.

[ October 21, 2002, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: Noba ]

I mean after all, if Stuka were the liege he'd doubtless think that merely posting a couple of lines without double posting would be sufficient. Of course in HIS case it would be a difficult and time consuming task so maybe that's the fly in the ointment.

Oh Joey,*sniff*, your'e soo cute when your'e spiteful.

Originally posted by Malakovski:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Now look, if you're going to BOLD names, then do it right!

Now look, if you're going to go around trying to spank people for violating some rules you made up so you'd have something to do around here, you might try to show a little consistency.

Since the rules you made up to lend the appearance of meaning to your existance aren't coveniently posted anywhere, I've no recourse but to follow the examples I find around me. MrSpkr bolded Mouse, so what am I to do? Immitate an idiot, or no? Since it's a thread full of idiots, I assume he's got it right.

Glad I won't be hearing from you again for awhile.</font>

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Oh well, it could be worse... SNIP ---

All of my opponents should be aware that I'll be incommunicado (which is a long Latin ... maybe Greek ... or Spanish or something, who cares, word that means out of communism, or somefink) from Tuesday through Thursday.

--- SNIP

Joe

This must be a good time to mention that Sir Foule Joe and I have completed the 300 points AI picked, monster of a game to my complete satisfaction.

To whit - an, 83 - 17 Victory to me. My glorious green troops were to much for the Uber Germanskis to stop in their glorious creeping to victory. It was total incompetence on Joe's part that allowed this win. He would have been better letting the AI play for him.

Noba.</font>

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Hot damn!, a debate between a philospher and a banker, one uses words that have no meaning, the other uses numbers no one can understand.

Sort of like watching two unfortunate blind men trying to pummel each other.

And when you learn the art of profiting off their shenanigans, your time will have arrived, Grasshopper.

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr: And when you learn the art of profiting off their shenanigans, your time will have arrived, Grasshopper.
Spoken like a true shyster.

[ October 21, 2002, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Hey, MrSpnkr. This Der (Bang, you're dead, Laddie) Kessel scenario you suggested for our challenge. This wouldn't happen to be something to which you have inside knowledge is it? Something you might have had a hand in designing? Hmmmm?

It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that you're a lawyer and I don't trust you.

I'll still play you, I mean we're just playing for your squire. It's not like it's anything important. I was just curious to know how underhandedly I was going to need to play here.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Hey, MrSpnkr. This Der (Bang, you're dead, Laddie) Kessel scenario you suggested for our challenge. This wouldn't happen to be something to which you have inside knowledge is it? Something you might have had a hand in designing? Hmmmm?

It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that you're a lawyer and I don't trust you.

I'll still play you, I mean we're just playing for your squire. It's not like it's anything important. I was just curious to know how underhandedly I was going to need to play here.

The FIRST thing you need to do is learn to READ there Boo_Radley. The scenario in question is from the design studios of Ker Dessel*, not that cheap, throw anything together and lie about it later Der Kessel!

At Ker Dessel* we (MrSpkr and I are co-designers) believe in proper research and scrupulous design with properly balanced and interesting scenarios as the goal ... of course it's not always possible to bring our beliefs to reality.

Joe

* Ker Dessel - When You Want To Play CM In The Worst Way

At Ker Dessel* we (MrSpkr and I are co-designers) believe in proper research and scrupulous design with properly balanced and interesting scenarios as the goal ... of course it's not always possible to bring our beliefs to reality.

Joe

* Ker Dessel - When You Want To Play CM In The Worst Way

So I should expect some kind of Frankensteinian hodge podge showing all the characteristics of being designed by Aussie Jeff and Rube Goldberg combined, eh?

OK, just checking.

I changed my location to please all ye here

For all my annoyances do not shed a tear

Unlike others I will not choose fairwell

Because in this little place I do love the smell

From YK2 a child is born

A strong little bugger

That is seen as a thorn

The location is wales

But the blood is pure scot

Even though my accent is not

So Joe do not fear

The baguette boy is here

You called me boyo

And I shed a tear

[ October 21, 2002, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Baguette Boy ]

Originally posted by Baguette Boy:

I changed my location to please all ye here

For all my annoyances do not shed a tear

Unlike others I will not choose fairwell

Because in this little place I do love the smell

From YK2 a child is born

A strong little bugger

That is seen as a thorn

The location is wales

But the blood is pure scot

Even though my accent is not

So Joe do not fear

The baguette boy is here

You called me boyo

And I shed a tear

I think I'm going to be sick ...

Okay Briquette Boyo, here's the deal ... READ THE FREAKING RULES! Pay particular attention to the part about challenging another lower form of life such as yourself or, an always popular alternative (at least to US), you could simply ... SOD OFFFFFFFF!

Joe

[ October 21, 2002, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

... except for my LAST Squire who was more concerned with rummaging through my sock drawer for loose change than with completing his papers on time, ungrateful wretch. NEVER take a Squire whose name starts with PAPA, that's all I can say.

Where was I ... OH YES ...

No... No loose change in those drawers, Joe (since when has a miser like Joe left so much as a shilling laying about?). Just a small wooden box with the letters PL's Yarbles engraved upon it.

Papa